Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2023, 13:53   #556
BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
What I hope though, is that it comes with 6 Airbags as standard across the range.
Ideally it should since 6 airbags are being mandatory from this fall anyway, fingers crossed!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th June 2023 at 16:49. Reason: Minor typo.
heysac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 16:19   #557
Senior - BHPian

Honda is reduced to a pale shadow of its former self. They can't price it high and get away with it in current scenario. Much water has flown under the bridge now. New kids have arrived and made a mark. Even homies like Tata Mahindra are doing well for themselves. If Honda wants to gain lost ground, they need to price it at least 1 lakh cheaper than rivals.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 17:00   #558

I am sure this will sell like hotcakes. I had the good fortune to speak with the director of Honda India. Their upcoming crossover will be based on the city model so pricing will be similar. Hybrid will be there.

Slightly Off-topic, Mr Honda is a very humble man. He drives an older model CRV petrol in Gurgaon.
drumbrakes is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 18:14   #559
Mtv
BHPian

I am eagerly looking forward to this launch tomorrow. This may not be the perfect car in the segment, but it very well can come close to being the best among the rest. Certain things only Honda can get right. Regardless of cost cutting measures, the made in/for India Hondas are sturdy cars.
I have a six year old Jazz who’s maintenance i have neglected often (not proud). It is my beater workhorse, everybody at home handles it roughly. I can always count on it to start up each time. It just does everything. The Elevate can be our next car. It will have some modicum of safety and better reliability compared to others. I am sure it will also be ergonomic and well spaced, just like any other Honda before it. Hope they price it well.
Mtv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 18:35   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
I have a six year old Jazz who’s maintenance i have neglected often (not proud). It is my beater workhorse, everybody at home handles it roughly. I can always count on it to start up each time. It just does everything. The Elevate can be our next car. It will have some modicum of safety and better reliability compared to others. I am sure it will also be ergonomic and well spaced, just like any other Honda before it. Hope they price it well.
I guess most of the Jazz owners(myself included) are eyeing this launch eagerly. Although I don't have any plans to upgrade yet, still would be very interested to have a High GC Honda City as my next upgrade. My only concern is previous gen City returned an 'unstable bodyshell' GNCAP rating. Hope Honda has taken note of that and improves the safety aspect on this right from start. 4/5* with stable bodyshell & 6 airbags is a minimum expectation from Honda here. Am ok with non-turbo engine or missing panoramic sunroof(heck, I don't want a sunroof).

Last edited by SoumenD : 5th June 2023 at 18:36.
SoumenD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 18:49   #561
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My uncle too who is a Honda City owner (since returning from the middle east back in 2014) is considering the Elevate citing Honda's unmatched reliability and safety combined. He feels no other compact SUV be it Creta/Seltos, Grand Vitara/Hyryder, Kushaq/Taigun, or Astor can match Honda as regards Safety, reliability, Service Quality, and Peace of Mind combined under 20 lakhs (considering the competition).

Here is the thread listing his requirements: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5549423 (Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others)

Come to think of It, I think I have to agree with him on this, Let's see how it looks at the unveil tomorrow, and fingers crossed. I Hope Honda has learned from the mistakes with its earlier 'SUVs' in India and brings out a well-packaged car.
bijims is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 19:03   #562
BHPian

Honda has been keeping us waiting for this SUV for a long long time. What started an age ago with the wait for the Vezel / HRV has finally come to fruition.
Being a Gen3 City owner, I waited to upgrade for a long time (mine’s a 2008 model and still going strong, 1.25 lakh kilometers and 14+ years later), but the opportunity never came - I changed my primary car a couple of times since that time, and now await a suitable option for what is now my secondary car.

I’m sure there are many more such Honda ‘faithful’ like me, who never even got a chance to demonstrate our loyalty! So I don’t doubt that even a half decent product will turn into a success for Honda. I do hope it will be a case of ‘Der aaye durust aaye’ a la Apple.
mayjay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 21:44   #563

Waiting for the global debut of Honda Elevate tomorrow..
Long lasting desire for the 1.5 IVTEC with a decent ground clearance, an infotainment system with a livable resolution and an escape from the underside tyres..
No more demands, Honda..
My booking is confirmed.
AARKE is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 22:04   #564
BHPian

It seems Honda has got big jolt from KIA which is launching facelift with turbo petrol tomorrow. Unless Honda surprises with their turbo engines (again Power of Dreams only) , it is game over before they even open their shop.

Last edited by VRSriram : 5th June 2023 at 22:06.
VRSriram is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 22:22   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
It seems Honda has got big jolt from KIA which is launching facelift with turbo petrol tomorrow. Unless Honda surprises with their turbo engines (again Power of Dreams only) , it is game over before they even open their shop.
Was this Kia Seltos facelift expected so soon? I don't think there was any teaser/countdown for this. So, may be its just a special edition? But, nevertheless, the competition is pretty interesting to watch and I hope this facelift influences Honda management to revisit their pricing plan.
Old 5th June 2023, 22:31   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
Honda will actually be more confident of the two because,

1. It's a global unveil. Not just for India
2. 1st Look Preview will show it's highlights which will not be possible in Kia Seltos.

Kia Seltos will be more of a New Update with Design tweaks and updated feature list.

Regarding Lack of Turbo Petrol, ya when segment has it, it'll feel missed opportunity for Honda but taking positivity, as per my experience, the turbo petrol aren't that good in city driving conditions, especially at lower speeds <40kmph. A NA engine is much better and more effortless here.

Honda will be banking on its core aspects of Man Maximum, Machine Minimum. Expect the Elevate to be a practical urban SUV which has Decent Interiors, Good Equipment, Spacious Interiors, Good Driving Dynamics. It'll definitely be safer too compared to rivals.

Anyway tomorrow will be the big day and we expect this new car to do well in Indian Market.
CarguyNish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 06:45   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Watch the Elevate being unveiled:

volkman10 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 10:24   #568
BHPian

Dear Honda,

I have been waiting for 6th June since Jan 2023.when you released the first poster. I haven't felt such excitement for a sometime now for a car launch. All the best wishes and just don't screw it up.

Regards
Your fan
sunnsood is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 10:49   #569
Senior - BHPian

All set for the global unveil.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-smartselect_20230606105025_instagram.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th June 2023 at 10:56.
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 11:46   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Elevate, gauge the size before its reveal, a mini HR-V?

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-fx6yb94ayaeicrp.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-fx62g8kagaer77p.jpg

Mod Note: Our Honda Elevate Preview has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 6th June 2023 at 20:00. Reason: Link to preview added
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks