Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2022, 10:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar CNG spied testing in Pune

Kia has been testing a couple of CNG models since last week. We first saw the Sonet CNG being put through its paces, followed by the Carens CNG. Now, the Hyundai Alcazar CNG has been spied for the first time.

Hyundai Alcazar CNG spied testing in Pune-hyundaialcazarcngspiedrear.jpg

An Alcazar CNG test mule equipped with an emission testing kit was recently spotted in Pune. It is still unclear if the SUV will continue to use the 2.0-litre petrol engine or get the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol from the Carens, which is also being tuned to run on CNG.

Currently, the SUV is offered with two engine options: 2.0-litre petrol engine producing 157 BHP and 191 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel engine that puts out 113 BHP and 250 Nm. Both engines are offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine powering the Carens makes 138 BHP and 242 Nm. However, the engine output when running on CNG is expected to be lower. It is expected to be paired with a 6-speed manual transmission.

The Sonet CNG spotted earlier in the month is also expected to be powered by a turbo-petrol engine. The 1.0-litre unit makes 118 BHP and 172 Nm when running on petrol.

Source: Motorbeam

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th April 2022 at 10:06.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 12:07   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar CNG spied testing in Pune

why are they trying to move Alcazar to CNG? who are the expected customers? Is it just because they can?
Old 29th April 2022, 07:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

What rubbish! Unlike the Carens, this mule does not even have a CNG sticker at the back. And unfortunately, unlike the media guys, my eyes cannot see through the sheet metal for what's inside. These sensational "could be" articles should be taken with a bucket of salt is all I can say.

Last edited by self_driven : 29th April 2022 at 07:31.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 08:29   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Unlike the Carens, this mule does not even have a CNG sticker at the back. And unfortunately, unlike the media guys, my eyes cannot see through the sheet metal for what's inside.
My thoughts exactly. Even I was wondering how did they know it is a CNG vehicle.

Moreover, do CNG make sense anymore. Just today morning I read the news about the lack of CNG pumps in Pune (currently 12-15), relative to the number of vehicles (currently 2-3 lakh). As per the news report, ideally there should be a minimum of 60 pumps to satisfactorily serve those many vehicles.

https://www.esakal.com/pune/cng-pump...rmission-pjp78
Closed Thread

Most Viewed