Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2022, 09:40   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
When my wife drove the Harrier, her first response was - "why does this drive like a truck"? This was after she had driven the Hector, XUV and multiple other diesel SUVs..
Was it the manual tranny equipped?

If I didn't know any better, I would have wagered that it was a BoF vehicle when I first drove it.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 09:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Was it the manual tranny equipped?

If I didn't know any better, I would have wagered that it was a BoF vehicle when I first drove it.
No, both were diesel ATs. Also, XUV was the AX7 L AT (diesel) and Hector was the CVT. All other cars (Seltos, Jeep Meridian) were diesel ATs.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th August 2022 at 18:42. Reason: Typo
Old 24th August 2022, 11:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors teases new SUV - updated Harrier teaser?

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-smartselect_20220824112406_twitter.jpg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-smartselect_20220824112416_twitter.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th August 2022 at 11:26.
Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 11:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Knowing Tata and its color editions, this is likely a teaser for a new color or a premium edition

Another reason to believe this is that their have been no leaks or scoops on any new Tata coming in near future (i.e. next 3-4 months). Generally when they launch new products, their marketing team generally leaks some data to keep the excitement on! Hence for the lack of any leaks etc, I don't think it is an updated Harrier etc
theAutomaniac is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 14:12   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the teaser (wearing a new suit and all), looks like a variant with some cosmetic changes in the existing vehicle. I am more than happy to be proven wrong.
satish.gawai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 14:24   #66
BHPian

Interesting Teaser! Leaves more questions than answers. Jet Set normally one would associate with something that is quick off the line and moves fast. It could be an Altroz EV teaser for all we know.

I for one would be happy if the upcoming teasers progress to reveal a Harrier / Safari Facelift.

I just hope its not another cosmetic color theme launch.
Sachin_Nair is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 14:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Major Drawbacks in Harrier that I have observed are

1. Touchscreen
From what I understand from my sources, Tata seems to have worked on the Touchscreen lag/ freeze.

As per info, Tata uses split type of design for it's infotainment system (separate screen island and controller box). The problem was likely with the inter-connect between the two. Earlier they were using a regular USB type connectivity which was over-whelmed due to amount of data flow, leading to slow response, freeze.

Now, they have switched to LVDS type superior interconnect, even for vehicles in lower segments. So, hopefully, atleast this issue will be put to rest.
AutoNoob is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 16:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Teaser

Quote:
Propel to success.
Jet Set Slay
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-smartselect_20220824165152_twitter.jpg

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 18:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Could this be the Gold Edition of Harrier ?

Like Safari which had received Gold Treatment to Exterior & Interior. While I do wish this is the Midlife Makeover of Harrier, if there aren't any exterior changes, the speculated additions like 360 Camera and Updated Touchscreen should be present i guess.

I don't think the Nexon is getting any major update, so it's most likely updated Harrier/Safari.
Old 24th August 2022, 20:15   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair View Post
Interesting Teaser! Leaves more questions than answers. Jet Set normally one would associate with something that is quick off the line and moves fast. It could be an Altroz EV teaser for all we know.

I for one would be happy if the upcoming teasers progress to reveal a Harrier / Safari Facelift.

I just hope its not another cosmetic color theme launch.
Altroz EV seems unlikely. Looking at the html code, it mentions a SUV.
My guess is it would be a special/limited edition of the Harrier or Safari.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-screenshot-20220824-8.11.01-pm.png  

harsh_66328 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 10:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

New Teaser, hope it's not Harrier Gold Edition.

Quote:
Get ready to be served with extravagance.
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-smartselect_20220825100151_twitter.jpg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-smartselect_20220825100217_twitter.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 25th August 2022 at 10:06.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 13:50   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Everything points to a gold edition (and more like marble edition interiors from a 5 star restroom), the font color used, the outlines. Hope they make it a bit bearable this time unlike what they did with Safari.
AtheK is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 13:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Everything points to a gold edition (and more like marble edition interiors from a 5 star restroom)
"5 star restroom" : man, this is an epic comparison!
arjab is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 16:06   #74
Senior - BHPian

New Teaser - Link

Quote:
Unlock the world of magnificence and enjoy the privilege of exclusivity with the Jet Pass before anyone!
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-20220825_160609.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 25th August 2022 at 16:10.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 16:12   #75
BHPian

These teasers have a stamp of Gold edition all over them. I hope I am wrong and they give a facelift surprise.
Mumbaiker is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed