showroom), it's Rs 70,000 more than the standard
top-spec Style variants.
The price difference gets you:
› 18-inch wheels from the Octavia RS245
› Dual-tone red and black upholstery
› Red dashboard trim
› Digital driver's display
The Kushaq Monte Carlo can be had in both, the 1.0
and the 1.5-litre, engine options with MT or AT.
Source PowerDrift

Alloys are clearly 17 inches according to photos from Team Bhp Review.

Last edited by Javelin : 9th May 2022 at 15:14. Reason: Additional Information
Javelin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo : A Close Look

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo Infographic

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo : A Close Look-20220509_150034.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo : A Close Look-20220509_150040.jpg

Pricing

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo : A Close Look-smartselect_20220509150116_instagram.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:05   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh dear god!

That interior. They should have named it “Eveready” edition - Give me red!

While the chrome delete is a welcome touch, as many other before me have mentioned, they have gone really overboard with the interiors.
Dry Ice is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:19   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

That red interior is overdone. And that bright red is not at all soothing to my eye. I wouldn't be surprised if the interiors are nominated for the wierd and whacky thread.

Exterior looks great. But I have seen people do similar chrome delete and black wraps on their 'standard' Kushaq. Overall, this variant, unlike the older Monte Carlo editions, doesn't seem to have any appeal or USP.

Purely my opinion.

Last edited by ashis89 : 9th May 2022 at 15:26.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 16:02   #20
BHPian

Exterior is nice with Black replacing chrome. And well the over use of red to make it sporty is okayish to me. No plus no minus.

But the larger disappointment to me is on No improvement done to reverse camera and still manual height adjustment at that price point. We can call it what we want, this is a just a new color with Taigun's instrumentation panel. Was really looking for this variant to match competition in terms of features.
abhinav1817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 16:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShah View Post
A litlle too much glossy red on the dash IMO, The exteriors looks great.
Is it offered just in red or is there a White body colour option as well?

Would Kushaq look killer in the White Monte Carlo edition, Also if the red dasboard inserts could be deleted from that would be a great option to have I feel.
Update: It is available in White Colour option for the exterior as well, Unfortunately that too comes with the glossy red inserts on the dash.
Why Skoda...why??
JShah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 16:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post
Exterior is nice with Black replacing chrome. And well the over use of red to make it sporty is okayish to me. No plus no minus.

But the larger disappointment to me is on No improvement done to reverse camera and still manual height adjustment at that price point. We can call it what we want, this is a just a new color with Taigun's instrumentation panel. Was really looking for this variant to match competition in terms of features.
Bingo. This is a Taigun with gaudy interiors. I can't imagine how VAG thinks its okay to shove that horrid reverse camera in such an expensive vehicle. Forget 20l, I would've been angry at such poor quality even in a 10l product Sales advisors at VW told me it's because of "part-sharing", but couldn't they have shared parts with the tiguan or octavia instead?
sid3091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 16:50   #23
BHPian

The real estate inside Kushaq/Taigun is comparable to that of Venue/Sonet and are not comfortable 5 seaters. But they priced them in line with Korean twins Creta/Seltos, which are comparatively spacious. Looks like Germans are trying their level best to make the Koreans look VFM.

Last edited by Hickstead : 9th May 2022 at 16:52. Reason: Corrections
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
The real estate inside Kushaq/Taigun is comparable to that of Venue/Sonet and are not comfortable 5 seaters. But they priced them in line with Korean twins Creta/Seltos, which are comparatively spacious. Looks like Germans are trying their level best to make the Koreans look VFM.
If real estate inside the car is only criteria for pricing, Venue / Sonet should be priced lesser than Baleno, Jazz or i20
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
If real estate inside the car is only criteria for pricing, Venue / Sonet should be priced lesser than Baleno, Jazz or i20
Agreed. Even we ignore real estate, the build quality in the Kushaq/Taigun is not up to the mark of the parent manufacturers. If they are really intended to be marketed as made for India, they are still over priced for what they are offering. With cramped interiors and average build quality, we have so many jacked up vehicles in Indian market already. I am still not convinced with what these two new vehicles are offering in special to Indians.

Last edited by Hickstead : 9th May 2022 at 17:15.
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Agreed. Even we ignore real estate, the build quality in the Kushaq/Taigun is not up to the mark of the parent manufacturers. If they are really intended to be marketed as made for India, they are still over priced for what they are offering. With cramped interiors and average build quality, we have so many jacked up vehicles in Indian market already. I am still not convinced with what these two new vehicles are offering in special to Indians.
Agree, Kushaq / Taigun build quality is not as good as older VAG models but the build is still better than Seltos / Creta.
Based on your priorities each of these cars offer few things and does not offer few other things. For someone like me these VAG twins offer the best compromise with great ride and handling and great performance.
So are VAG twins overpriced? Yes, it is. But then which other car is not overpriced in that segment?
sunikkat is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:51   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
It's not only the real Estate. These twins are under equipped, have under performing AC, poor build and interior quality, only come with petrol engines and a dead steering.
Except the ride and handling balance, there are many compromises to be made.
CR07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:51   #28
BHPian

What caught my attention is the availability of airbags and ventilated seats. Thankfully, unlike the Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo, which was shod with cheap aftermarket like seat covers, didn't offer the side airbags. It was wierd that the higher priced Monte Carlo lacked side airbags when the cheaper Style variant had it. I was weary of seeing the same treatment again and thank God that the sense prevailed with the Skoda team.

I won't reiterate what everyone else has said about the interiors, it's too much for an otherwise classy cabin. But the exteriors are to die for, especially those Vrs like alloy wheels complementing the red-black theme of Kushaq.

For reference -
Name:  images 24.jpeg
Views: 1539
Size:  25.5 KB

P.S. Skoda if you are listening, we need Slavia Monte Carlo soon with same Vega alloys
sachin_cs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Bingo. This is a Taigun with gaudy interiors. I can't imagine how VAG thinks its okay to shove that horrid reverse camera in such an expensive vehicle. Forget 20l, I would've been angry at such poor quality even in a 10l product Sales advisors at VW told me it's because of "part-sharing", but couldn't they have shared parts with the tiguan or octavia instead?
100% in agreement. "Part-sharing" is just blame-game word they put on each other internally. And Kushaq has now been in the market for some time and they had ample time to think on this Monte Carlo variant. IMHO improvements to these loose ends would have only boosted the sales and brand image.
abhinav1817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 18:22   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Name:  Swick_SatinBlk_Crimson_Turn.gif
Views: 1562
Size:  737.8 KB

So the designers saw this at some employee desk and just copied it and wore it too while designing everything inside.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks