Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2023, 13:56   #346
Senior - BHPian

re: 2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Funny to see a few posts talking about need for high GC in the Verna. Meanwhile people over at Virtus/Slavia threads are cribbing about the high GC and some have even already lowered their cars

Just an observation as to customer demands/expectations
A set of lowering springs will solve the high GC issue, but we can't do anything about the low ones. So good clearance is a win win for everyone.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 16:33   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Funny to see a few posts talking about need for high GC in the Verna. Meanwhile people over at Virtus/Slavia threads are cribbing about the high GC and some have even already lowered their cars

Just an observation as to customer demands/expectations
Then it is a good move by VAG to give higher GC, those who want it lowered can do so.

Others OEMs please take note

Last edited by Aditya : 12th March 2023 at 06:05. Reason: pl - please
dsr001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 18:19   #348
BHPian

I think sedan buyers should be ready and should have the thought's that sedans are cars with less GC. Expecting suv level GC from sedan is just not possible. Most of the city's and highways roads are well developed nowadays. Few potholes might be located here and there but I don't see GC as a major issue unless you go offroading with your sedan :( which most of the sedan buyers ofcourse don't do.
MotorDev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 19:55   #349

Call me Old School, personally I prefer the dash to be offering clean and clear visibility. Wouldn't like to see a portrusion like a wannabe Bimmer or Merc. Left to be seen how the package looks in person..so fingers crossed.
donlealdie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 20:28   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Few potholes might be located here and there but I don't see GC as a major issue unless you go offroading with your sedan :( which most of the sedan buyers ofcourse don't do.
I am on my 3rd Sedan, hence I am taking from experience Jetta has 160mm clearance and can tackle bad roads thanks to stiff suspension, even then it does scrap now and then. We have a SUV to tackle bad roads, but for someone whose only car is a sedan, it does need to take them everywhere.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 22:04   #351
Senior - BHPian

I have never seen so much speculation about a car's overall looks, style, space, features, even performance, even before it has been officially revealed. It appears that people are now indeed looking forward to sedans with good performance. This was supposed to be a "dying segment" less than a year ago.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 15:19   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
I think sedan buyers should be ready and should have the thought's that sedans are cars with less GC. Expecting suv level GC from sedan is just not possible. Most of the city's and highways roads are well developed nowadays. Few potholes might be located here and there but I don't see GC as a major issue unless you go offroading with your sedan :( which most of the sedan buyers ofcourse don't do.
Well, I own a sedan with a 180 mm GC, hence know that sedans are not necessarily always less in GC. It is with such ease that I have crossed over speed breakers (not rumbling strips), without a graze on a full load. There are a number of scenarios where a high GC is desirable even on strictly urban roads: randoms heights of speed breakers, protruding manhole covers, repeated carpeting of roads leading to higher levels as compared to the sudden drop on the side-walk edge etc. Expressways are not an issue, but driving on certain mountain roads, especially when it rains and there has been a bit of landslide is another experience I have had.

In an earlier post I had mentioned that since the overall height of the new Verna has not gone up, I am not expecting a high GC, but would definitely welcome it.
vivprasad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 19:16   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
It appears that people are now indeed looking forward to sedans with good performance. This was supposed to be a "dying segment" less than a year ago.
Credit is due to the VAG twins, because their launch showed the confidence the group had, in the sedan market. I'd say Hyundai should have come up with 1.5 turbo Verna much earlier. Atleast Hyundai is bringing some good change compared to you know who.
dsr001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 20:52   #354
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but the new Verna’s front seems very heavily inspired by the Lucid Air Sedan. Its surely futuristic, but not as classic looking as the Virtus or the Slavia. And we have to really see the dashboard in person, I personally feel Mahindra did a fabulous job on the massive screen in the XUV700, almost as good as far more expensive cars. I just hope the verna’s dash doesn’t come across as tacky.
motorworks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:32   #355
BHPian

One more week to go!! Been in the market for a car for last 1.5 years. Was sure i'll get the Slavia and over the times its bounced from 1 car to another. Currently have 4 bookings active lol. Let's see if Verna will be the one to make the cut.
ulag62442 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 21:28   #356
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
What is this infotainment system / digital cluster? In person it will be either futuristic or a gargantuan monstrosity.
Call me old-fashioned, but I still love a manual-dial instrument cluster with digital info in the middle.

Name:  instrument.PNG
Views: 418
Size:  419.4 KB
sunilarkt is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 00:06   #357
BHPian

News on ADAS feature offering in Verna:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...etailed-427554
jaysonline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 01:43   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Oh man, I pity the fool in front and back of the hapless soul driving this light beam on wheels

I really hope the light bars can be toggled off!

Barring the garish light bars I love the design
Firstly, these are night images, and cameras in auto mode will try to fill in light on the darker areas of photo. This is evident from the blurry parts of the car which are farther from the camera. As a result, the area with lights will look even brighter.

Secondly, as we all know that DRLs auto-dim on switching on the headlights, it shouldn't be as bright as shown in the pics. And in daytime, I don't think DRL cause any issue. About the connected tail lights, those should be similar to hector - easy on eyes.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 06:30   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
News on ADAS feature offering in Verna:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...etailed-427554
This indicates seat belt reminder for all seats. So the rear passengers have to mandatorily strap in? Thats a good thing.
fhdowntheline is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 12:05   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
This indicates seat belt reminder for all seats. So the rear passengers have to mandatorily strap in? Thats a good thing.
I believe it will increase sales of those fake buckles on amazon rather than increasing the safety
callmeneo is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks