Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2023, 17:42   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: 2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!

Next-gen Hyundai Verna deliveries to begin in April

Hyundai is gearing up to launch the next-gen Verna next month. Production has already kicked off, and according to a recent report, deliveries are expected to begin around mid-April.

2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-smartselect_20230220145201_twitter.jpg

Bookings for the new Verna began on February 13, 2023. The car will be available in four variants: EX, S, SX and SX (O).

The exterior design of the new Verna is based on the brand’s ‘Sensuous Sportiness’ philosophy. It features a wide grille with an LED light bar at the front and slim LED taillights with an LED strip in the centre. Inside, the car is expected to get a dual-screen setup with a large touchscreen infotainment system in the centre and a digital instrument cluster. Higher variants will come with ADAS.

The Verna will no longer be available with a diesel engine. It is being replaced with an all-new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine paired with a 6-speed manual and 7-speed DCT. The car will also get a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol unit that will be offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed IVT.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th February 2023 at 17:44.
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 18:37   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Do you mean to say, compact SUV buyers, don't look for safety?
Hi, no, I meant to say that 70 to 75% of compact suv buyers look for only features and the sales too say the same thing. The compact suv's like creta and seltos which are unsafe top the sales chart while safer and suv's with better dynamics like taigun and kushaq or for that matter grand vitara too don't sell much! Sedan buyers usually look for safety, dynamics and comfort where as nowadays, majority compact suv buyers give preference to only high ground clearence and road prescence.
MotorDev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 18:50   #273

If priced right could be a big win for hyundai and sedan segment. Hoping for aggressive pricing but knowing hyundai they would surly make it over priced
hk041193 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 20:53   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk041193 View Post
If priced right could be a big win for hyundai and sedan segment. Hoping for aggressive pricing but knowing hyundai they would surly make it over priced
As per the guys from Himgiri Hyundai in Dilshad Garden , the top model with DCT is going to cross 19 Lakhs ex showroom price .
Old 28th February 2023, 21:19   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
As per the guys from Himgiri Hyundai in Dilshad Garden , the top model with DCT is going to cross 19 Lakhs ex showroom price .
That will put it at a premium compared to Slavia/Virtus. Heck, it will even be costlier than the Creta.

Doesn't seem plausible to me.
Old 28th February 2023, 22:45   #276
BHPian

I have a 2017 Next Gen Verna and I love the looks. 2017-20 Verna looks elegant. The BS6 update in 2020 gave a sporty look to the front end. This new Verna is an eyesore. I loved the side profile, front is okayish and the rear makes me hate the whole car. From Accent to 2020 Verna, the car was an update. The new one is a deviation. I think 2017-22 Vernas are the best looking.
SteeringWheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 08:46   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Next-gen Hyundai Verna deliveries to begin in April

Hyundai is gearing up to launch the next-gen Verna next month. Production has already kicked off, and according to a recent report, deliveries are expected to begin around mid-April.

Attachment 2423836
Somehow this is giving me the Nissan/Mazda compact sedan vibes from the late 70s. I like it !
Old 1st March 2023, 09:01   #278

The Verna will be disliked the ones who love the fluidic designs, but they will appeal to the current generation of youths. Although I love the fluidic design, it seems that Hyundai is targetting more to the young, current market and is a fair move for strengthening their hold. But they should not compromise on the build quality for sure.
Elegant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 11:49   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
I'm not surprised at all as the Tucson is priced higher than the VW Tiguan in the premium SUV category. Personally, I would never opt a Hyundai that is priced higher than the Germans even if it comes loaded to the gills with features. To me driving dynamics, suspension setup, cornering stability reign supreme over any 2-bit fancy feature.

Reason why Hyundai might have priced it high:
1) More engine horsepower and torque - 10 bhp and 3 Nm of torque difference with the VAG twins won't translate to much in real world performance.
2) ADAS - As much as it pains me to say this - India is not ADAS ready. For ADAS to work properly we need better roads, driving discipline and parking infrastructure that eliminates road-side haphazard parking.
3) Features, features, features.
true_sedan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 14:59   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
I would be glad even if points 2, 4 and 5 are addressed. Not hopeful about point 1(though love to be proven wrong). Not very particular about the other 2.
There is a thread in T-BHP which compares the body structure of Indian made Hyundai Vs First world countries.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-so-how-5.html (Are Indian Hyundais different from developed market Hyundais? If so, how?)

All of us are also aware of the fact that in Latin NCAP where the Verna scored a ZERO. A link of the test results can be found here
https://www.latinncap.com/en/result/...ent-+-1-airbag

The Elantra scored a 5 star in ASEAN NCAP and as we know the New Generation Verna shares its platform with the Elantra
https://aseancap.org/v2/?p=3784

Few Observations:
(i) The body of the Indian made Verna isn't much different the first world countries as seen from the first thread.
(ii) Latin NCAP has observed and I quote "Footwell area was rated as stable. The bodyshell was rated as stable and it is capable of withstanding further loadings. " - Which means that the Verna indeed has a good structure.
(iii) The Variant tested in Latin NCAP comes with just 1 airbag and we have 6 airbags (at least in SX(o) ) in India
(iv) Since the Verna and Elantra Shares same Platform, and that Elantra scored a 5 stare in ASEAN NCAP, It could be argued that the Verna too is build good.

So I personally feel that the Latin NCAP ratings have been blown up in the media beyond what attention it deserves. On a closer look, It seems to look like the Indian Verna is indeed a well built car. I Might be wrong, It would be nice if people share their views on this.

Ps. I own a 2019 Verna Sx(o) and I have never felt the car to be poorly built. For comparison I also have a 2017 Ciaz. There have been incidents where motorcyclists/ cars have rear-ended me in sudden brakings in city speeds and the bumper has escaped with mild dents and scratches.

I'm really looking forward to the 1.5 T-GDI paired with the Manual. That would be on fun car to drive. But unless I am sure beyond reasonable doubt that the upcoming Verna will be scoring nothing short of 5 stars, I wouldn't plonk 20L+ on a car which wouldn't keep me and my family safe
Aditya94 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 07:47   #281

I'm all for a fresh perspective on car designs but in my opinion, sedans are supposed to look elegant and this one rushes in the opposite direction.

Similar to the other Hyundais, its just another polarizing design.
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:17   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

New Verna seen at Night:

2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-2023hyundaivernaledheadlighttaillight3747x420.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-2023hyundaivernaledheadlighttaillight2747x420.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-2023hyundaivernaledheadlighttaillight1747x420.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd March 2023 at 10:19.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:50   #283
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, I pity the fool in front and back of the hapless soul driving this light beam on wheels

I really hope the light bars can be toggled off!

Barring the garish light bars I love the design

Last edited by deathwalkr : 2nd March 2023 at 10:51.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:00   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Verna seen at Night:

Attachment 2424378
Ooh la la! Are my eyes tricking me or am I seeing fog lights at the front?

On a serious note, is Hyundai removing fog lamps across its range in India only or is this move applicable for all markets? Because this spy shot doesn't seem to be taken from India, and the official sketches don't have fog lights. So there is a possibility that the Verna gets fogs abroad and not in India, and if it is so, I don't see how it makes sense.

Am I making any sense?
Old 2nd March 2023, 12:58   #285
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What's the obsession with all the bling here? I though the peak was Chrome finish at all possible places. Hyundai has now outdone that by giving LEDs all over

. Don't the authorities take into account the disturbance these light cause to the other drivers?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed