Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2023, 13:25   #511
BHPian

re: 2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!

It's surprising to see how Hyundai managed to price the Verna 1.5 Turbo so well. Even though the prices are introductory and will be increased later on, still the pricing is pretty impressive, at least for the Turbo variant.
Although, it still remains to be seen the driving dynamics and the credibility of '160HP' of Verna when compared to VAG twins because VW hp>Hyundai hp (at least that's what the trend has been for so long in India). The claimed 0-100 is lower than that of the VAG twins, but the reality remains to be seen.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 21st March 2023 at 13:28.
TechnoBloop is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:35   #512
BHPian

Before I say RIP VW-SKODA ...

What is the ground clearance of the all new Verna?

Any Ride and Handling inputs from those who have test driven?
sagsaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:52   #513
BHPian

It really looks very gaudy and overdone. The old design was still tolerable. The European twins look understated and classy compared to the garishness of this new iteration. The interiors are also very plasticky. The engine note is unnerving. The extra LED strip at the back and the chrome treatment on the side just takes the garishness to an altogether different level. I was really waiting for this car to replace my vento. Not going to consider it anymore.

Bad job Hyundai.
@PetrolheadASH is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:56   #514
BHPian

Cannot get my senses to cope with the front design (looks More Kia Caren-esque than Hyundai presently, may cause confusion for onlookers).
The interiors are smart and futuristic.
The Rear is once again overdone.

The bigger question for me is the target audience. Sedans are presently interpreted as sedate options; safe choice for families or those who prefer to be chauffered around. Not sure if this look will work with such clientelle.

If they are looking to woo self driven ehthusiasts from SUVs and Hot Hatch segments to migrate, the car really needs to pack some serious punch performance-wise.

Eagerly awaiting the team-BHP review for such evaluation.
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:56   #515
BHPian

It will all come down to safety ratings (whenever that happens, if at all), the driving dynamics and stability as far as comparison to the VAG twins is concerned.

But I think, regardless of the outcome of the above important factors, as per the released aggressive pricing the Verna will do really well in sales numbers keeping in mind the feature list so provided. That has been the trend. Case in question .. Kushaq/Taigun vs Creta/Seltos.
Old 21st March 2023, 14:00   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
It really looks very gaudy and overdone. The old design was still tolerable. The European twins look understated and classy compared to the garishness of this new iteration. The interiors are also very plasticky. The engine note is unnerving. The extra LED strip at the back and the chrome treatment on the side just takes the garishness to an altogether different level. I was really waiting for this car to replace my vento. Not going to consider it anymore.

Bad job Hyundai.
I agree!

Since the first time I saw the front facia of the car, the LED strip in the front has always reminded me of the tubelight used in our homes.

Anyways, looks are subjective. Different people, different strokes.

Last edited by TSI_Exhaust : 21st March 2023 at 14:05. Reason: Spellcheck
TSI_Exhaust is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 14:03   #517
BHPian

Any information on the features available under level 2 ADAS?
Old 21st March 2023, 14:09   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
Features are mentioned in the list in this post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5515965

ADAS is available only in IVT SX(O) and on the turbo SX(O) models.
Old 21st March 2023, 14:12   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
Does ADAS really work in our conditions like it should? Our traffic patterns and driving style are very random and erratic. ADAS systems work well where traffic and driving patterns are less random.
@PetrolheadASH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 14:21   #520
BHPian

I really like how the interiors are maturing, it surely looks 2 levels above the segment. Would really like to read T-BHP reviews. Would have liked the IVT SX to be priced a little lower 15Lakh OTR seems like a perfect fit not above :( "wishful thinking"
Old 21st March 2023, 14:22   #521
BHPian

It's sad to see how with almost every alternate launch Hyundai makes the simple concept of a balanced design a tough ask. Balance, although subjective, is far from this. They messed that up with the Creta, they've messed it up with the Verna.

We always thought futuristic was Hyundai's thing with the Fluidic Verna along with its iterations since 2011. Simply because that car had design elements proportional to its actual dimensions and proportions. I don't know what they're thinking with the massive air dams, thick C-Pillar, overdone rear and lines running in all directions by the sides.

Cars have stopped looking like one project now. They look like bits from different cars being forced to culminate into a sorry excuse.

Probably this might grow on the masses over time, but I've never been surer that this will never make me turn my head.
Arnav612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 14:28   #522
BHPian

Great VFM product from Hyundai. Lot of segment first features like rear disc brakes, power seats etc with powerful engine. VW and Honda need to raise their standards to move their cars unless they are fanboys. Even a 4 star can beat 5 star cars of VW stable. When you get better brakes which helps all times why not give it a preference. Design is polarising but chiselled designs have better aero. Test drive reports and reviews will let everyone know how the dynamics are. Its a hit with engine, features and pricing. Design is a critic based view. Performance of the car will let us know how good it is!
Safedriver2023 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 14:32   #523
BHPian

Hello, I am very impressed with the pricing & feature distribution of Verna. One can have opinion about exterior look of the car, but it is very much acceptable specially when we are habitual of seeing lots of current gen Creta on the road.

Hyundai made a big positive change which is good rear seat space. It is now more or less equivalent to VW group twins & slightly less than City & Ciaz. I am not sure of the advertised ARAI FE figures, real world figures may be much lower than ARAI, i.e. 12 to 14 for MT & 9 to 11 for iVT or DCT in city conditions.

Interior look & feel (as per videos) is fantastic, except 2 spoke steering. Feature list is great too.

This is one solid attempt by Hyundai to revive sedan sales. It may not be a blockbuster kind, but I will be happy to see both City & Verna sell around 4000 units each per month regularly because both these sedan are way superior (in overall terms) than CSUV within 13-17 lacs onroad.

Last edited by GoBabyGo : 21st March 2023 at 14:34.
GoBabyGo is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 14:41   #524
BHPian

I gotta admit, the Verna's pricing and features are super tempting. But, I've got one teensy-weensy concern - what about the ground clearance? Does anyone have the deets on that?
Caffeinated_Owl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 14:47   #525
BHPian

Good effort from Hyundai. I think the design looks much better in official photos as compared to spy-shots.

I still feel Virtus, City, Slavia trump Verna on looks & are sure to age much better than current Verna.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks