Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 18:02   #16
BHPian

Re: 1st-gen Maruti S-Cross could be discontinued this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Again, we need to take it with the pinch of salt and take the word of the RM, so do not quote me on this. But I do not think he has a reason to give false information.
Just to add what your RM has said the SR I have been talking to for s-scross has told me to wait till this month end as they are expecting some news if s-cross will be discontinued or new model will be launched for festive season. He is confident as well that it will not be stopped and is advising me to go for the s-cross instead of the new brezza. He says if your going for mid variant of new brezza it may not be vfm and s-cross is still a better option.
Snowflakes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 18:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
He is confident as well that it will not be stopped and is advising me to go for the s-cross instead of the new brezza. He says if your going for mid variant of new brezza it may not be vfm and s-cross is still a better option.
That is a good point. Whether it is the new Brezza or the facelifted Scross, they are surely going to cost more compared to current Scross pricing, which is standard for any car model.

Personally, I never found the Brezza to be as good as Scross. The new Brezza might be very good but I do not have any concrete information to comment on that.

All those who are on the fence regarding buying the current Scross or not, should take the decision with their heart. If he/she really likes the current Scross, go for it. It is a pretty good product and arguably the best one from Maruti. Even if the facelift is launched soon, it is still a facelift. Going by the history of facelifts, companies do not make huge changes to the engine/gearbox/suspension of the vehicle. They may add more gadgets and external bling, but nothing that would make you feel that you are stuck with an old car with completely discontinued model, IMHO.
Old 6th June 2022, 20:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Just to add what your RM has said the SR I have been talking to for s-scross has told me to wait till this month end as they are expecting some news if s-cross will be discontinued or new model will be launched for festive season. He is confident as well that it will not be stopped and is advising me to go for the s-cross instead of the new brezza.
This was pretty much what my SA told me the other day when I wanted to cancel my booking for the XL6. He suggested I could transfer the booking amount either for the new Brezza or the new SCROSS. So no indications they were planning to discontinue the SCROSS even though they may decide to delay the launch of the facelifted version.

What complicates matters slightly is the news regarding the Creta rival SUV from MS, the YFG, and how it would be positioned vis-a-vis the SCROSS. I am not sure there is space for both vehicles in a similar price bracket.
Old 6th June 2022, 20:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I need your valuable inputs in buying our first car(automatic). Mods please merge or move the post if it's off topic.

So , Need your advise on whether I should go ahead with this purchase or look for which other cars.
Forget S-Cross as it is due for immediate replacement. Well in fact, the current S-Cross will not be replaced by the next-gen S-Cross. Instead, will be replaced by the upcoming Creta rivalling Suzuki-Toyota mid-size SUV which is expected by 2022 Q3/Q4.

So hold on until then.
Livnletcarsliv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 21:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
be replaced by the upcoming Creta rivalling Suzuki-Toyota mid-size SUV which is expected by 2022 Q3/Q4.
So hold on until then.
Yes- Toyota D22 or the Hyryder with the Hybrid power train makes perfect sense. It is likely to be unveiled on July 1.

Toyota compact SUV D22 will be called the Hyryder.
The Maruti counterpart of this SUV will boast differentiated styling touches.
It will have 1.5-litre mild-hybrid and strong-hybrid powertrains.
Will take primarily Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos.

Source Zigwheels
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...july-01/45926/
Javelin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 11:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Bhpians,

Now have narrowed down the search to S-Cross zeta version. I know lot of people have mentioned it's a 4 speed AT but after reading multiple reviews here I felt it should suffice my needs. In a year I may travel around 10k kms. Now with this news coming out should I go ahead with this booking as nearby Nexa dealer has promised a delivery within next 6 weeks or should I drop this car as it's reaching it's end of life. As I don't like changing things i would keep this car easily for 10 years atleast so I am confused if I should wait for the new brezza, The reason for not pursuing brezza is the wait times would be atleast 4-6 months at the time of launch.

So , Need your advise on whether I should go ahead with this purchase or look for which other cars.
If you don't have any particular thing you absolutely love about the current S-Cross, the best thing to do is hold out on the purchase unless the dealer is offering some good discount. Maruti is on a Product offensive. This year they are going to launch at the new Brezza as well as their Creta rivaling crossover.

I think waiting for them would be a better idea, as you'll be getting an all new vehicle instead of something nearing it's end of life. Even the Brezza looks to be almost completely new barring the platform.

I have also heard that Maruti is taking Saftey seriously now, at least in their more expensive models.
ZenMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 13:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
If you don't have any particular thing you absolutely love about the current S-Cross, the best thing to do is hold out on the purchase unless the dealer is offering some good discount.
That is a good point. We booked our Scross two days ago and got a hefty discount and a great exchange value for our old car. If not this, then wait for the facelift or whatever Maruti is planning, but be ready to pay more, as there won't be any discounts on the new car.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 14:46   #23

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Today my RM called and informed me that they are not receiving any automatic S-Cross vehicles. They told me they will try to see if an AT is available for me but confirmed that my booking will have to be canceled. Looks like my other option is to move to a Baleno automatic
They also confirmed that a new SUV will be launched in sept-oct timeframe and no new SCross will be launched
aditya.marla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 16:55   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.marla View Post
Today my RM called and informed me that they are not receiving any automatic S-Cross vehicles. They told me they will try to see if an AT is available for me but confirmed that my booking will have to be canceled. Looks like my other option is to move to a Baleno automatic
They also confirmed that a new SUV will be launched in sept-oct timeframe and no new SCross will be launched
That's sad. Why dont you try more dealers and see if someone has a car or can get one for you soon.

I would not suggest the Baleno, simply because it is an AMT gearbox. It will never be as smooth and trouble free as a CVT, which S-Cross was.

Have a look at the new Brezza maybe?
Old 17th June 2022, 17:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
That's sad. Why dont you try more dealers and see if someone has a car or can get one for you soon.

I would not suggest the Baleno, simply because it is an AMT gearbox. It will never be as smooth and trouble free as a CVT, which S-Cross was.

The CVT you are referring to was probably the last generation Baleno, the scross automatic was a 4 speed TC.
Old 17th June 2022, 19:17   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Will check some more dealers. Somehow most of them don't seem to have an AT available. One dealer mentioned they have a silver one available (though its not my preferred choice)....going to speak to them tomorrow and see if I can get that

True, I did do a test drive of the new Baleno AMT and the jerks were noticeable...so a bit skeptical on that
Old 17th June 2022, 19:19   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
The CVT you are referring to was probably the last generation Baleno, the scross automatic was a 4 speed TC.
Yes, I meant TC of S-Cross and CVT of previous gen Baleno. Thanks.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 17:19   #28
BHPian

On weekend I have visited Nexa showroom in Pune as friend is in market for a new car, Looking at Brezza's increased prices I advised him to look at S-Cross. SA told me that S-cross will be replaced by internationally launched one by beginning of next year. Also i registered an interest on Maruti website for Scross Automatic and they send me a quote for new car as well received a call from nearby Nexa showroom for Immediate test drive. Doesn't looks like they are discontinuing S-cross.
sankdeshmukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 12:37   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki’s new mid-size SUV to replace the S Cross in India.

The upcoming midsize SUV based on the Hyryder will be Maruti's new flagship in India.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 18:43   #30
BHPian

If MSIL brings their version of Hyryder soon then it will be interesting to see the difference in styling, variants and quite frankly the pricing.
Since hybrids choices are few and demand projected to be high, MSIL and Toyota may cancel out each other's bookings and give us mere mortals some breathing space

Most Viewed