Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 00:15   #16
BHPian

Re: 10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurv View Post
Congrats on the booking - I have booked the same in carbon black as well. Wondering whats the delivery period that Bird has quoted you for the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
Bird has told me 15-20 days. I don't know if they will deliver within committed time. And congrats to you as well
Wow- Bird seems to be killing it with 630i. Looks like we all have had the pleasure of driving the Brooklyn Grey M sport in the last few days (is one of you Shekhar by any chance?)

Btw, I too have been bitten by the 630i bug. With the incessant price increase in other models, this comes across as the most VFM car in BMW stable (in this price range). Since you both have finalised, couple of questions for you-

(1) What’s the GC of 6GT? Dealer says ‘it’s not officially communicated but it’s 165 mm’. Google says 138 mm. When I drove around the crater ridden surroundings of Bird, I didn’t bottom out (with just 2 passengers admittedly) but it’s a major factor holding me back. I know we can raise the height by 20 mm, but at 138 mm, it’s still scraping the bottom at our speed breakers really.

(2) Air suspension is a dream. But it’s reliability is suspect or not? While it may be covered in warranty (it is, right?), I intend to keep the car longer than 5 years. This won’t be terrible to maintain post the warranty period I hope.

(3) What accessories have you been able to squeeze out of them?

Lastly, gents, why aren’t we waiting till festive period to (hopefully) get into bit of buyers market. This smug *discounts are history* attitude is a bit much. Pains me to pay 85 lakhs for a car that was retailing for less than 70 just last year.

Last edited by Vitalstatistiks : 1st July 2022 at 00:23.
Old 1st July 2022, 06:23   #17
Team-BHP Support

I saw pictures of the 630i Jahre and its jaw dropping gorgeous. I am a big sucker for the BMW notchbacks (polarising as they are, admittedly) and the 630i is right up there on my 3GT upgrade shortlist whenever the time comes for it. Along with the M340i or whatever else EVs might compete for attention by then.

If some good 2 - 3 year examples come up by then at a palatable price, nothing like it of course.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 07:03   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
(1) What’s the GC of 6GT? Dealer says ‘it’s not officially communicated but it’s 165 mm’. Google says 138 mm.but it’s a major factor holding me back. I know we can raise the height by 20 mm, but at 138 mm, it’s still scraping the bottom at our speed breakers really.
No, you should be good. On the larger ones, you can raise the height if fully loaded. I drive 740Li in Gurgaon, and no issues whatsoever.

Quote:
While it may be covered in warranty (it is, right?), I intend to keep the car longer than 5 years. This won’t be terrible to maintain post the warranty period I hope
As I mentioned, if you are lucky, it will fail in the 4th or 5th Year, so you should be suitable for another 4-5- Right! But if it does not fall, factor around 2-2,5 lac for suspension and a lac for the pump. The front and rear do not fail together and off-late, the reliability of BMW is top grade. I hope they have made some changes too.

Quote:
Pains me to pay 85 lakhs for a car that was retailing for less than 70 just last year.
Yes, everything is getting sold out, so manufacturers, dealers, and everyone has pulled out the discounts. But this cannot stay forever as there will be a mismatch. I see another issue, at least in India. Despite having so many millionaires and multi-millionaires, the number of luxury cars is very few, and after Covid, people have started spending on themselves. Most manufacturers are fully booked Globally, unlike past, when they would discount for our market to cover up the high taxes this time, they are not willing to do and are simply bringing the market to Global levels. Check 6 GT prices in the US market, add 30% Customs and 50% GST and then compare if you are still getting high or at a deal. I see the prices going up further due to the exchange rate of USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I saw pictures of the 630i Jahre and its jaw dropping gorgeous.
It will be a good upgrade; if you sell your 3GT now, you will get a reasonable price too. So, I won't wait much as the costs of newer cars will only increase. But upgrade only if you have a use case scenario. Else, it will be a waste.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st July 2022 at 07:04.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
No, you should be good. On the larger ones, you can raise the height if fully loaded. I drive 740Li in Gurgaon, and no issues whatsoever.
That's very reassuring, thanks.

Also hear you on the potential future trajectory of the prices, makes sense. Though on that note, one should be mindful of a potential deflation upon us sooner than later. Michael Bury (of the 2008 shorting fame) has a great view, explained here- https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ious-attention
Old 1st July 2022, 20:38   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

The Jahre Edition’s BMW Logo looks like a piece-of-art!!

And some pictures of the M340i Jahre edition

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-9dcbfb50b9cb4c06835df83572966922.jpeg

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-9880b50496b94212bf05b418d241764f.jpeg

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-4b28287c982e431297bc65e5752d3898.jpeg

Source: RevvBuzz on Instagram
CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 22:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
(is one of you Shekhar by any chance?)
Hey, yup that's me. It's Shikhar BTW. Did someone at Bird mention my name to you?

Quote:
(3) What accessories have you been able to squeeze out of them?
None. They are billing 25k extra, one can choose to not take it and get this 25k knocked off the invoice.

Quote:
Lastly, gents, why aren’t we waiting till festive period to (hopefully) get into bit of buyers market. This smug *discounts are history* attitude is a bit much. Pains me to pay 85 lakhs for a car that was retailing for less than 70 just last year.
I guess it's a limited edition thing. By festive season it'll be all gone. The constant price rise is scary. I heard BMW is going to increase prices again , and if you want laser lights in 630i, this is it.

Here are some pics of the 630i M Sport 50 Jahre Edition:
1. Steering wheel, grill, alloy wheels are standard ( I was hoping they would do some magic here)
2. The logo projector now has limited edition logo
3. This lot has Pirelli P Zero rubber
Attached Thumbnails
10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-screenshot-20220704-9.54.30-pm.png  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-screenshot-20220704-9.54.21-pm.png  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-screenshot-20220704-9.54.12-pm.png  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-screenshot-20220704-9.54.04-pm.png  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-screenshot-20220704-9.53.56-pm.png  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-whatsapp-image-20220704-7.33.26-pm.jpeg  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-whatsapp-image-20220704-7.33.25-pm-2.jpeg  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-whatsapp-image-20220704-7.33.25-pm-1.jpeg  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-whatsapp-image-20220704-7.33.25-pm.jpeg  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-whatsapp-image-20220704-7.33.24-pm-1.jpeg  

10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-whatsapp-image-20220704-7.33.24-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by blacknebula : 4th July 2022 at 22:34.
blacknebula is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 11:26   #22
BHPian

Some dealer in Raipur has the 630i limited edition carbon black in the showroom.

blacknebula is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 17:19   #23

Quote:
Some dealer in Raipur has the 630i limited edition carbon black in the showroom.
Looks great - glad I chose this color. Any updates on the delivery from Bird? Maybe a bit late to ask since the booking is already done - but did they offer any discounts on this car for you?

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th July 2022 at 19:15. Reason: Quoted post trimmed, i> I
Old 10th July 2022, 09:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Looks great - glad I chose this color. Any updates on the delivery from Bird? Maybe a bit late to ask since the booking is already done - but did they offer any discounts on this car for you?
The latest update is that the cars will be delivered in Aug. Some parts that were supposed to come from Europe are now coming from Taiwan, therfore the delay.
Managed to get a measley 2.25 L discount. It's a combo of corporate + retail+ sales manager. I'm sure they are offering this to everyone.
blacknebula is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 19:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, yup that's me. It's Shikhar BTW. Did someone at Bird mention my name to you?
Hey- not really (I believe they are professional like that). I picked this up from back to back TDs that were being arranged, the car was with me before being taken back to showroom for you

Btw are you planning to get ceramic or PPF done? Bird does ceramic but I am not sure of the quality of workmanship there. Sounded like a good deal though.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 19:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hey- not really (I believe they are professional like that). I picked this up from back to back TDs that were being arranged, the car was with me before being taken back to showroom for you

Btw are you planning to get ceramic or PPF done? Bird does ceramic but I am not sure of the quality of workmanship there. Sounded like a good deal though.
Ahhh so it was with you in VV then. Yes, I'm planning to get ceramic. PPF seems like too much money for paint protection. Bird uses Sonax products within their service center. I have been advised to get it done before taking delivery. It's 35k for 1 year and 65k for 3 years. Cannot use the 25k from accessories kitty to get ceramic, will have to pay that over and above.

If anyone here has experience with Sonax ceramic products especially done at Bird please share your feedback.
Old 13th July 2022, 08:11   #27

Got my 630i GT delivered at Bird yesterday - the carbon black body colour looks great with a hint of blue in interior lighting and black out in the open.
Attached Thumbnails
10 BMW M and M Sport special editions to launch in India-9a445fa04d5c40b1a50e79daba5969f2.jpeg  

ankurv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 13:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Got my 630i GT delivered at Bird yesterday - the carbon black body colour looks great with a hint of blue in interior lighting and black out in the open.
Looks amazing. Congratulations!!!
We want more pictures please.
Old 13th July 2022, 17:45   #29

Quote:
Looks amazing. Congratulations!!!
We want more pictures please.
Sure - will post more photos tomorrow after i get the ceramic coating done. Did not go with the coating at Bird as i was not sure of the quality - getting it done from a local detailing outlet.

I went with the Mobility Kit, Utility Kit and the Key cover as part of the 25K accessory package that came with the car. They are overpriced for sure but were the only useful items i could find in the accessory list.
ankurv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 22:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Sure - will post more photos tomorrow after i get the ceramic coating done. Did not go with the coating at Bird as i was not sure of the quality - getting it done from a local detailing outlet.

I went with the Mobility Kit, Utility Kit and the Key cover as part of the 25K accessory package that came with the car. They are overpriced for sure but were the only useful items i could find in the accessory list.
Where are you getting ceramic done? I am also in two minds about getting it from Bird. If you can share how much is it costing that will be great too. Thx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks