Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2007, 13:22   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oops! My mistake. Thought about the petrols only.

BUT, can anybody tell which 'diesel' engine are they planning to launch, and its specifications?
1.4 PD engine.No sure about BHP and Tourque.I think 70 -75 BHP.Tourque no idea.
Old 9th December 2007, 13:37   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.4 PD engine.
68bhp

2020 characters.
Old 9th December 2007, 19:10   #198
Senior - BHPian

At 7.7 Lacs for a hatchback, Skoda will not have too many people queing for the car. Moreover if it still requires the Rs 1000/ litre synthetic lube, Maruti Swift, the new sedan will continue to sell in large numbers. It may even make the Gets diesel look reasonably priced.
Old 9th December 2007, 19:22   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
1.4 PD engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
68bhp
From the specs, it doesn't seem too powerful to feel quicker than Swift, leave alone the Getz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Maruti Swift, the new sedan will continue to sell in large numbers. It may even make the Gets diesel look reasonably priced.
My friend with a Swift petrol is waiting for the booking date to go-in for the fabia PDi!

Its helps to start as a big-car maker and then move down the order!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th December 2007 at 19:24.
Old 9th December 2007, 23:31   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
At 7.7 Lacs for a hatchback, Skoda will not have too many people queing for the car. Moreover if it still requires the Rs 1000/ litre synthetic lube, Maruti Swift, the new sedan will continue to sell in large numbers. It may even make the Gets diesel look reasonably priced.
Its a supermini.Dont compare with swift.
Old 10th December 2007, 00:32   #201
Senior - BHPian

Trust me Crazy_Driver - The Fabia is not going to be faster then the Swift. Also it will be the only diesel car being sold in the country using 3 cylinders. No other diesel car has 3 cylinders and PD technology is nothing in front of Fiat Multijet.
Old 10th December 2007, 01:35   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhanusrinivas View Post
I dont think it is 3 cyclinder, please check the pics below, it says 16 Valves,

ImageShack - Hosting :: s2od7.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: s3fg9.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: s41kb1.jpg

Cheers,
Bhanu
Nice Job Done Dude.
I think all the Skodas have TDI written on the diesel ver.
I guess you got the petrol ver. 1.4L 16V 85HP.

Fabia will be coming in 3 cyl 12V for sure. but 70 hp or 80 hp? Comments please.

If 70 HP 3 cyl 12V no way faster than 75 hp 16V Swift.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 10th December 2007 at 01:36.
Old 10th December 2007, 05:19   #203
BHPian

The idea that Skoda can sell the Fabia, even the premium version for 7.7 plus is laughable. This is NOT a premium brand and quite an ordinary car. For those who talk about Skoda being a premium brand in India, those days are fast disappearing. Every marketer must have their pulse on changing market scenarios and that is going to happen in India sooner than latter. Skoda's are already beginning to look ordinary in an evolving marketplace, in a few more years more so unless we have some exciting designs and new technology happening.

Premium brands like BMW/Mercedes stand for something more than just premium pricing. There is technology, innovation, safety, speed etc. Of course if Skoda is targeting just 500-1000 cars they may get away with it. In foreign markets premium hatches offer something more than just brand in terms of performance and features.

With so many launches next year and a fast developing car market here any hatch over 6.5 is going to find the going tough unless they bring something extraordinary to the table in terms of features rather than empty talk about brand and pricing.

On another note am I the only one who finds all this talk on this thread about numerous bookings and wait lists being made without even the car being launched fishy. No prices, no delivery dates, no features. Who are all these Skoda owners buying Fabia like its going out of fashion tomorrow. This seems like more like pre launch and marketing hype and why should that be on a thread here.

Last edited by raul : 10th December 2007 at 05:21.
Old 10th December 2007, 06:50   #204
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post

On another note am I the only one who finds all this talk on this thread about numerous bookings and wait lists being made without even the car being launched fishy.
no you are not the only one, i am with you. Someone mentioned 250 bookings where ppl have paid upto 50k in advance.

I wouldnt pay that kind of money as a booking amount even for a car that had been launched, forget about a car that is "seen" and "TD'ed" only in speculative papers and websites. Why has there been no ads from skoda on the launch (expected in less than a month) and declaration of specs, pre-launch bookings? Has Skoda authorised the dealers to make these bookings? If not, where is the booking amount (if there were really any bookings) going?

So long story short - seems like hype to me.
Old 10th December 2007, 08:02   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
The idea that Skoda can sell the Fabia, even the premium version for 7.7 plus is laughable. This is NOT a premium brand and quite an ordinary car. For those who talk about Skoda being a premium brand in India, those days are fast disappearing. Every marketer must have their pulse on changing market scenarios and that is going to happen in India sooner than latter. Skoda's are already beginning to look ordinary in an evolving marketplace, in a few more years more so unless we have some exciting designs and new technology happening.

Premium brands like BMW/Mercedes stand for something more than just premium pricing. There is technology, innovation, safety, speed etc. Of course if Skoda is targeting just 500-1000 cars they may get away with it. In foreign markets premium hatches offer something more than just brand in terms of performance and features.

With so many launches next year and a fast developing car market here any hatch over 6.5 is going to find the going tough unless they bring something extraordinary to the table in terms of features rather than empty talk about brand and pricing.

On another note am I the only one who finds all this talk on this thread about numerous bookings and wait lists being made without even the car being launched fishy. No prices, no delivery dates, no features. Who are all these Skoda owners buying Fabia like its going out of fashion tomorrow. This seems like more like pre launch and marketing hype and why should that be on a thread here.
Who said Fabia is a premium version.It is just a supermini.Supermini doest mean that it is a premium.They have more features than the normal mini's.In india ofcourse Skoda is a premium brand.That in quality wise or price wise skoda is a premium brand.BMW,Merc you can can call them super premium .Dont think i am biased.
Ofcourse in foreign markets they offer more but if they do here in india do people buy a mini for 9lakhs?
Old 10th December 2007, 12:24   #206
BHPian

what is so great??

well, i am new to such sites and am quite perplexed by the activity around the fabia..what is the fuss all about really??
and pray when is it coming??
everyone says different things...
Old 10th December 2007, 12:30   #207
tez
BHPian

saw Car and Bike show on NDTV yesterday featuring Fabia. The rear window looks SWIFTish(imho though..). The good thing was that rear seats were 60:40 foldable so boot space increases in case only 2 ppl are travelling. Mileage quoted was 20.83 average(city + highway).
As suspected at 7.7, swift vdi + abs + petes + FFE + Green still looks cheaper.
Old 10th December 2007, 13:20   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

It's time we stopped calling it a premium brand!

However, I think it is quite wrong to compare Fabia and Swift on performance.

I would expect and hope that quality of build of Fabia will leave Swift standing. I'd expect the detail to be much much better. Maybe the comfort, although I remember, years back, skoda seats being too hard for me.

All this build and detail will increase weight

Skoda is not premium, but neither is Suzuki standard: Swift is value-for-money, and you can find all small details in the car demonstrating this.

Fabia may or may not be faster than Swift: I don't think this is the main criterion at all in the minds of those who may be inclined to buy it.
Old 10th December 2007, 13:52   #209
Senior - BHPian

Guys A quick Question session.

Question 1 :
What would you buy GP for 7.7 (Not the Abarth version LOL !) or a Full loaded Fabia ? You got 3 minutes to answer the question and your time starts now !

question 2:
Which brand will you trust for its customer commitments ? Fiat or Skoda ?
(Even Skoda ain't that great)
Old 10th December 2007, 16:25   #210
tez
BHPian

This is like asking
do you want to die by a knife or a bullet? One has A.S.S problems, the other has way too costly spare parts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed