Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2007, 16:34   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Guys A quick Question session.

Question 1 :
What would you buy GP for 7.7 (Not the Abarth version LOL !) or a Full loaded Fabia ? You got 3 minutes to answer the question and your time starts now !
For 7.7 we will get a fully loaded GP too right? No contest here. GP all the way. And this is just based on the engine specs.

Quote:
question 2:
Which brand will you trust for its customer commitments ? Fiat or Skoda ?
(Even Skoda ain't that great)
Haven't owned a Skoda so can't comment with authority but I'd go with Fiat on this one too.
Old 10th December 2007, 17:24   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666
Its a supermini.Dont compare with swift.
Yeah,right. Its not got a 150bhp engine to call it a supermini.
And for the handling,my Video reply:
Old 10th December 2007, 17:34   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Question 1 :
What would you buy GP for 7.7 (Not the Abarth version LOL !) or a Full loaded Fabia ?
Since the car is my 'ONLY' car. Fabia, defenitly among the two. Market value of Grand Punto will be half the purchase amount a year after purchase, which is too risky.
If it was a 'second/ third' car GP for the beauty of a vehicle it is!
Quote:
question 2:
Which brand will you trust for its customer commitments ? Fiat or Skoda ?
(Even Skoda ain't that great)
From the frying pan into the fire!

Best option for people 'like me' would be to wait for the GP to come in the second hand market at low prices. That would be absolutely cool!
Old 10th December 2007, 18:15   #214
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
And for the handling,my Video reply: YouTube - Fifth Gear Mini vs Suzuki Swift
its swift sport.... but again the video emphasizes the need for have a good handling car.It helps to have power and torque as well
Old 10th December 2007, 20:09   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm not sure where this super-mini thing came into the conversation but...

Anything less than 0-60 in single figures (and that's miles, not Kilometres) of seconds is not, in my book a super-mini. Or a hot hatch!
Old 10th December 2007, 21:53   #216
BHPian

NDTV was saying the car will most probably be a 1.2l 62bhp petrol .fabia seems to be coming with a half nailed coffin (read price)...
Old 10th December 2007, 23:46   #217
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I dont think - Xenons, sunroof, leather will be available on any model.

Alloys would be on the top end version. And I hope they give electric adjustment for the ORVM's and climatronic (top end). Bas. Not asking for much.
hey bro, the top model does have projector headlights, don't know whether it would have xenon's or not. they might give sunroof as an option but leather..i don't think so. ORVM's would be electric but no climatronic, as per my knowledge.
Old 10th December 2007, 23:50   #218
BANNED

guys, fabia would again revolutionize this segment as it would have the best build quality in this segment and would even beat C or C+ segments in this regard.
i believe the petrol would not be the crowd puller but the diesel would be selling like hot cakes.
the fabia diesel engine is the smaller version of the Luara engine, not too sure though.

but, then again we have to wait for fiat GP to launch, GP is a great car too and looks too good. lets hope they don't strip it of its features to cut the price. but, GP and Fabia would be direct competitors. both cars might also eat up some sales of swift with their lower variants. lets wait and watch.

Last edited by sanchits : 10th December 2007 at 23:55.
Old 11th December 2007, 00:02   #219
BANNED

term "supermini" explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Its a supermini.Dont compare with swift.
hey dude, i think you know the meaning of supermini. even swift is a supermini or for that matter even getz and uva. supermini is just a term used to describe a sub-compact car in Europe as the C segment or mid-size cars in india are considered compact car elsewhere. so in Europe, they call all these hatchbacks supermini which includes Swift, Fabia, Getz, Polo..etc. So therefore, all the premium hatchbacks in india are called Supermini in Europe.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:43   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

By that definition you could call anything small a supermini.

No. There has to be something exceptional about it, performance or comfort level or both.

It has to be small too! That's the point of a 'mini'. Remember the original?
Old 11th December 2007, 07:05   #221
BANNED

Leaving all these fundas of mini, supermini and premium hatchback thingy, when can we see the Fabia being delivered?
Old 11th December 2007, 07:41   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
And for the handling,my Video reply: YouTube - Fifth Gear Mini vs Suzuki Swift
Supermini really needs 150bhp to call them "SUPERMINI".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
hey dude, i think you know the meaning of supermini. even swift is a supermini or for that matter even getz and uva. supermini is just a term used to describe a sub-compact car in Europe as the C segment or mid-size cars in india are considered compact car elsewhere. so in Europe, they call all these hatchbacks supermini which includes Swift, Fabia, Getz, Polo..etc. So therefore, all the premium hatchbacks in india are called Supermini in Europe.
I think you didnt read my post carefully.I didnt mean that Swift and Getz arent superminis.
The subcompact class is also known as the B segment class. Such cars usually have four or more seats and in North America, subcompacts are usually considered to be those cars that have a wheelbase of 2.54metres(100 inches) or less or between 85 ft³ (2400 L) and 99 ft³ (2800 L) of interior volume .Current superminis are usually around 3950 mm long in the case of hatchbacks.(Source Wikipedia)
Old 11th December 2007, 07:59   #223
BHPian

No matter wat...once on the roads, FABIA is jst goin to ROCK!!! M sure bout that. And for the price range,although it will be overpriced , i guess that will be worth value for money coz, the quality of everything is goin to be far superior than any other car in its segment.
Old 11th December 2007, 13:39   #224

see i just made a thread on the fabia...did not know one already existed..although my thread is an altoghether different topic...
i saw the car...actually..in gurgaon..looks neat and slimmer than our usual hatchbacks..one look at the tyres and you crave to drive it...
Old 11th December 2007, 13:46   #225

what do you mean 'once its on the roads'??
its already there....i saw one in gurgaon....though i dont think the official launch has happened...it is due in a month i guess..but the cars are already here...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks