Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2007, 12:42   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
So the point that i am making is Skoda is way ahead of any toyota / honda in terms of offering value to the customer.
That would be the most incorrect statement I've read all day. There is no way that any car right now in the Skoda lineup in currently VFM, save for the Superb post its massive discounts maybe.
Old 17th December 2007, 12:42   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
people are lapping up the laura
People keep buying Endeavour with leaf spring suspension, does that make it reasonably priced or VFM, certainly not. Even the Log(off) sells quite alot but its highly overpriced. So just because people are buying it doesnot make it VFM. If i had to buy a D+ segment diesel vehicle i have no option but a Laura since its the only car available in diesel at that price point.

Quote:
We enthusiasts before the launch of the 'laura' deemed that the laura will be a flop and no one will buy it, but we were wrong.
We also though the NHC with 77bhp wont be a super hit but it was since Indians look at FE more then anything else.

Quote:
In fact the car that 'we people' absolutely loved flopped miserably that is the RS. And to be frank no accord / corolla can come close to the handling of that car.
RS is a fantastic car, certainly it handles fantastically, but its not only the handling of the car, its the engine, steering, and everything that makes it such a enthusiats delight. However if the RS with all the same configuration would be diesel it would be a hit. Its only that Indians are a bit FE minded, nothing wrong in that. Just saying that enthusiastic cars would be a flop is not right. My point here is that if Skoda launched the Laura with a better and more poweful engine(& name) then it would be welcommed with much more admiration from the enthusiasts and then we could term it as "VFM"

Quote:
So the point that i am making is Skoda is way ahead of any toyota / honda in terms of offering value to the customer.
Certainly not, the Toyota/Hondas have much more space, better After Sales Service, competitively priced spares. A Civic/Corolla is much more VFM then the Petrol Octy. A Magnum is much more VFM then the Diesel Octy. However since Laura is a diesel and Accord is a petrol we cant compare them directly, else space wise, engine spec wise the Accord seems to be more VFM and in the long run the Accord is cheaper to maintain, so the diesel cost benefit is nullified.

Quote:
And i dont know what you were thinking when you say Skoda as a brand is a tad better than a tata / hyundai / chevrolet / maruti.
I mean to say tad better in image/brand value in our country.

Quote:
Also wrt to the Fabia, i still stand by saying this car will do what the santro did to the A segment cars. . it wil reveloutionise the B+ and Entry level C segment markets.
I dont think so, but i hope Skoda gets the pricing right, they just cant price cars like they are Mercedes Benz, even Mercedes has not done the stupidity of launching the A Class since they know that they wont be able to price it right, and A Class is a car which is way superior to the Fabia. My point of arguement is simple and straight forward, the Fabia may be a good car, with excellent features but if its going to be sold at the prices mentioned and indicated in this thread, then its not at all VFM. If they want to make it VFM, they better give a better engine and not a 3 pot. I rest my case.
Old 17th December 2007, 13:13   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Very interesting controversy. Its good to read the comments of people who know the individual models so much better than I do, and nice to find that they, mostly, confirm my impression.

Actually, I am learning a lot from this: I used to think I could be very happy owning an Octavia. I'm now much less sure!
Old 17th December 2007, 13:26   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yes. But Skoda is starting to get really infamous for customer service and expensive repairs. This could affect sales of Fabia, where owners will also be looking for a 'easy to maintain' car.

Hopefully the manufacturing plant in Pune will make a difference in the parts cost.
Old 17th December 2007, 15:36   #260
Senior - BHPian

well they can create a storm if they price the cars right.
Old 17th December 2007, 16:06   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yes. But Skoda is starting to get really infamous for customer service and expensive repairs. This could affect sales of Fabia, where owners will also be looking for a 'easy to maintain' car.

absolutely right bro,i second u on this,people advise u not to buy skoda becuse of high maintenance costs
Old 17th December 2007, 16:28   #262
BHPian

Not just price they have to get service also right . Other wise " rasta roko " by Fabia owners in Ludhiana ?
Old 17th December 2007, 17:48   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Hopefully the manufacturing plant in Pune will make a difference in the parts cost.
as a matter of fact people dont mind spending the money if they getting the worth for it, But here in Skodas case they are charging the customer a lot of money and treating them like dirt
Old 17th December 2007, 17:49   #264
Senior - BHPian

but busa i still maintain that Skoda is a better brand than toyota / honda
Old 17th December 2007, 18:09   #265
BHPian

Skoda people billed me Rs.250 for one rear wiper rubber alone. Also they billed me Rs.720 for two front mud flops and billed 950 for one drive shaft boot. The labour for changing drive shaft boot Rs.450 It costs like a bomb!
Old 17th December 2007, 18:12   #266
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but busa i still maintain that Skoda is a better brand than toyota / honda
qualitywise, i agree too...skoda is decent. but skoda has to kiss toyota/honda's A.S.S and learn from them.
Old 17th December 2007, 18:39   #267
BHPian

Quote:
it is marketed as one as it OFFERS the values other cars cant. I mean look at the fabia, it will provide you with ABS / MSR, Rear Parktronic, front and rear reading lamps, in built cd / mp3 player with 4 speakers, a PD diesel engine, on-board computers rear height adustable head rest, height adjustable seats, reach adjustable steering wheels. . . i mean. . the LOT.

Sedans in the above range honda city / aveo / baleno / sx4 / verna / accent cant compare with the features that this hatch will be giving.

And all of us know about the built quality of a Skoda, which will be leaps and bounds above any car.

Hence if you have a better product you will 'market' it as a premium brand'

Anways, spoke to dealers in Worli and ANdheri east, bookings offiicially will start after Jan 9th.
Fabia has 8speakers in top end version.There are 3 variants.
Old 17th December 2007, 19:01   #268
BHPian

hey guys spotted the skoda fabia yesterday towards churchgate side yesterday..no plate wasn't temp.

Old 17th December 2007, 20:24   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Fabia has 8speakers in top end version.There are 3 variants.
no even the top most varient has only 4 speakers. confirmed
Old 17th December 2007, 22:22   #270
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh75 View Post
Skoda people billed me Rs.250 for one rear wiper rubber alone. Also they billed me Rs.720 for two front mud flops and billed 950 for one drive shaft boot. The labour for changing drive shaft boot Rs.450 It costs like a bomb!
I was pissed with hyundai for charging 100 bucks or so for changing brake pads but 450 bucks is ridiculous. can we buy the spares from outside and get them installed or have we signed up for rip-offs?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks