Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 09:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Because one is a car and the other is a "cruck"(not my own word, courtesy rt)
I have driven almost all Tata's and between family owned everything right from the V-1 cractor to non Intercooled indigo to the indica turbo.
1. Refinement levels are not there
2. Power delivery is not really nice. Check out my test drive
3. Fit and finish is not upto the mark

Of course the space is amazing. And the value for money is unbeatable. 10 horses more and the DICOR would have been a good powerful sedan, but right now its an underpowered cruck.
tsk, whats a 'cruck'?
Old 19th June 2007, 10:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i get a discount on cars as we get them directly from the factory but cann't tell you how
I hope you will help me out when I need you
Old 19th June 2007, 10:36   #18
Team-BHP Support

cruck = Car mated to truck : eg indigo
cractor = Car mated to tractor : eg indica
Old 19th June 2007, 11:21   #19

hehe, @ tsk, thats a funny one..
But in my opinion the swift is more worth it. This is how i see it, I own both the cars i.e., indica NA and a swift diesel. There was no turbo when i made the purchase for indica. However according to me, the swift is a car that one can stay and be content with for a longer time. You know initially it may seem good that you got great VFM buying indigo/ca and one might not consider the noise and lack of power and terrible finish of everything in the car.

When i bought the tata I said to myself that i can adjust with the extra noise, less power and other things, but after a year or so, it started getting on my nerves, that was the time i was dreading buying the car. Now its not that i get irritated easily because i have stayed with my santro for 5 years without one complaint. In this sense i think swift gives you the best of both worlds, an engine that seems better than most petrols in that segment and the great mileage of a diesel, as for space agreed indigo has a boot but if the only criteria is boot then i'd look at other options(even petrol for that matter) but not tata. I remember the thousands of times i've gone for oil leak problems, starter problem(hot start condition) and other reliability issues.

Having a big car for family is good but getting stranded in the big car with family is terribly sad. This was just my general opinion, so no hard feelings tata fans. Maybe i got stuck with a lemon but then so was a frnd of mine who bought the car like 15 days after me. This is why i think it would be a better bet to get a swift by paying a little bit more, cause in the long run it will prove to be worth it and keep you happier.
Old 19th June 2007, 12:17   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjinx View Post
Having a big car for family is good but getting stranded in the big car with family is terribly sad.
Well said.

A post made three days back by a new Indica owner reveals that TATA standards have not gone up by much.
Old 19th June 2007, 12:29   #21
BHPian

SWIFT it should be. The A.S.S. of TATA is...oh, i dont even want to talk about it! How can I compare it with Maruti's?
Buy an Indigo, if you want to be driven around (good A.C., economy and definitely more leg room at the back). If one wants to drive a 'CAR' and not a 'CRUCK' )), buy a Swift (out of these two for sure)
Old 19th June 2007, 13:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Swift for the engine, for the power, for the handling, for the good ownership experience, for the mileage, for less space, for all black interiors, for no rear wiper/defpgger, for no steering adjustment, for low seating position.

Indigo Dicor for the VFM, lower ownership cost, more quality issues, more rattling sounds, more space, a boot, and a not that bad A.S.S.
Old 19th June 2007, 20:15   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quality consistence and refinement of the swift d engine is what i feel which will tip scales for me, actually it did already.
Old 19th June 2007, 23:20   #24
BHPian

i thnik you should go for a swift ...considering the service,availability spares and the refinement levels....
the refinement in any of the tata vehicle is still missing...this is if you can do without the extra boot space offered by indigo....also considering the fact that indigos are mostly chosen by taxi drivers... swift is a new car
as compared to the indigo..and hence not in the taxi business
Old 20th June 2007, 10:17   #25
BHPian

Maruti to go with

Our experience has been that Many of TATA dealerships are got because of MLA etc influence & money, may be that is the way to go, but when it coems to engineering and support there is no motivation to fix problems... in the end you'll get "yeah aisi he hai saar", "sabhi tata ge gadi aise he hai sir"... kinda answers. That experience is reason enough for us to stay away from Tata next time.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:59   #26
BHPian

by that time u will have the option of getz crdi and fusion diesel
Old 20th June 2007, 13:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
by that time u will have the option of getz crdi and fusion diesel
and the fait punto and even liena( hope i got the spelling rite) and the sx4 ddis optra diesel
Old 20th June 2007, 13:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
and the fait punto and even liena( hope i got the spelling rite) and the sx4 ddis optra diesel
Linea............ not liena
Old 20th June 2007, 13:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Linea............ not liena
Thnx man i always get the spelling wrong
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:15   #30
BHPian

I own both swift diesel and tata non turbo diesel indica. I have got to admit my indica has run only 41k kms in 4 years and it has started asking for mantaineance, Somehow i feel that the space in swift is same as that of indica. In face my sis said it felt roomier than the indica (maybe because of its build), but anyhow thinking of getting it properly serviced with all the squeaks and rattles fixed .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks