Team-BHP - Why Swift DDiS and NOT Indigo DICOR ???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Why Swift DDiS and NOT Indigo DICOR ??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/25290-why-swift-ddis-not-indigo-dicor.html)

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A CAR BUYING QUERY

Hi,

I am gonna buy new car soon so i was considering a diesel (not much of diesel lover but this car will be used by everyone). So i was checking out all the Common rail diesels offerings. Though i am gonna wait until December - Jan so that i am more open to options. Was going through the prices in Chandigarh and swift DDiS Costs 5.10 lacs and Tata Indigo Dicor Pricing:

LS DICOR-BS III Rs. 5,28,136/-

And they are giving 20K cash discount on it. So that makes INDIGO DICOR around 5.08 lacs.

Now i know TATA people are not offering ABS but at the same price as Swift DDiS(Without ABS) one gets a bigger, more comfier and a tad bit safer car. Now Swift wins in handling, power and some other simple factors. Now if Swift was being offered with ABS / Airbags there was no need of this thread coz lot of us prefer Swift (P) Zxi over Ikon etc due to safety and features, but if we look at the options now then isn't INDIGO seems to be a better buy ???

Has all the features what Swift DDiS offers so why not buy INDIGO instead of Swift :confused: Comments ???

P.S. I am not buying any of them in coming months until Jan. If Punto will come in 2008 before April i will wait till April.

Quote:

Has all the features what Swift DDiS offers so why not buy INDIGO instead of Swift
The Swift DDiS engine is reason enough to buy it, while looking for diesel cars the indigo wasnot in my list, The Fiesta was but highly out of my budget. The Swift's handling, gearbox, looks FE & Engine, performance, torque are miles ahead of the Indigo, plus the niggling and reliability issues with Tata and Tata boasts of VGT et all, why o why?

Apart from what BUSA said, the NVH levels are awful in an Indigo - this is based on a test-drive I did about an year ago. The Gear stick vibrated like a creaky old bus, and the noise was truck-like. Maybe I had a bad test-drive car; but I dont think it compares with a Swift still.

Very interesting thread. I guess it depends on what the buyer needs are.

If I were to chose between the 2 it would be the swift D only because I would need it as my second car.

If it was a family with luggage then the only option would be the DICOR indigo. But if it was just for a family with no kids then again the swift would suffice.

I guess the engine would take a back seat if my need was space.

ps: what are the more options you have in mind available in dec-jan?

Q. Why Indigo instead of Swift?

Ans: Space, boot. Seemingly better VFM.
Q. Why Swift instead of Indigo?

Gem of an engine, 190 Nm of torque, Much better NVH levels, Maruti service network, handling, reliability, longer expected life of model (indigo model might be in for a change in 2-3 years)

Ok let me put you this way indigo is truck (sorry to the current owner) why would you buy a car with a trucks engine and i hate tata because they are unreliable and i have pretty bad experience with them. they don't have the snob value of that of a swift

buy indigo if you cann't afford and bigger and a better car and bhai after driving fiesta why would you buy a indigo please donn't go for it and remember i can get you cars cheap and you know how

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 472126)
remember i can get you cars cheap and you know how

I also want to know :D

Crazy Driver's answer is succinct and explains the relative merits very well.

The only thing that I want to add after test driving both the cars is this - the Indigo is a car that I would take out if I needed to go somewhere and the Swift Diesel is a car that would make me take it for a spin on weeknights or a longish drive on weekends. I just wish they provided high end safety features like airbags as an option (sigh...).

Thanks,
Amit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 472128)
I also want to know :D

i get a discount on cars as we get them directly from the factory but cann't tell you how sorry:

Dude, you got to drive one to know why. The way engine responds to your right foot is awesome. Whenever you accelerate you are pushed back on your seats, such is the power.

If you like driving then swift is the obvious choice and will not mind paying premium, Indigo is VFM product which is good for commuting from A to B. Nothing more nothing less.

Maybe by year end there will be discount on swift diesel.

The Indigo is definitely the better VFM proposition between the two; also keeping in mind the family usage

Go for
Swift, if you want
a) Refinement
b) Reliability
c) Good handling
d) good finish

Indigo , if you want
a) space
b) VFM
c) comfort

Arey i clearly stated THIS IS NOT A CAR BUYING QUERY. I am not buying it. I was just giving a thought to what diesels offerings are currently there in the market as i gonna buy one. And i have driven both of them and redlined them too during test drives.

@manik u know na after driving fiesta even skoda feels like vibrating truck to me at times lol... no offence..

If given a chance i will pick up swift but the main question that lies here is why will common man choose swift. The indigo NHV levels i agree but people still buy it and its more comfier, bigger than swift. And keeping in mind my family usage swift will do just fine. Coz sis will be in US in August. DAD and me both like small cars rather than sedans specially for city use and highway trips are like maximum 5 in an year.

Quote:

Now i know TATA people are not offering ABS
The indica Dicor will have ABS . and i guess it will be launched soon
check the specs i stumbled onto here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-imminent.html

Because one is a car and the other is a "cruck"(not my own word, courtesy rt)
I have driven almost all Tata's and between family owned everything right from the V-1 cractor to non Intercooled indigo to the indica turbo.
1. Refinement levels are not there
2. Power delivery is not really nice. Check out my test drive
3. Fit and finish is not upto the mark

Of course the space is amazing. And the value for money is unbeatable. 10 horses more and the DICOR would have been a good powerful sedan, but right now its an underpowered cruck.