Team-BHP - Fiat Petra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat Petra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2530-fiat-petra.html)

Will Fiat petra be a success in India?

one word.... nope!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]one word.... nope!

Well just changing the name from Siena just wont work . I personally like the Siena very strongly built and confortable ride and very stable. But seeing thr bad image Fiat has aquired here over the years , I dont think it will work.

Cheers

with the price of less than 5 lacs and good build and a strong 1.6 (same as palio 1.6 i guess) engine. i was thinking it wud be a worth buy.. ??

Its definitively worth buying Sriban, but your question was, would it be a success, and the answer to that is a NO.

However, if you are thinking of buying one, go ahead as its a great car!

People who think about Indigo,can consider about Petra now?

Kiran,

You took the words right out of my mouth. The Petra, if priced as expected, will be pitted right against the Indigo...and it just beats the Indigo in each and every aspect. Performance, build quality, ride & handling, image, reliability...the Indigo has it beaten.

However I do hope that Fiat succeeds in winning the buyers confidence as well as Tata has. If things take off for Fiat India, just imagine what other exciting products they will introduce in India!

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 11 2004,17:59)]However I do hope that Fiat succeeds in winning the buyers confidence as well as Tata has. If things take off for Fiat India, just imagine what other exciting products they will introduce in India!

Ah....Romeo, Romeo, where art thou !!!!!!!!!

Things are looking up for Fiat elsewhere - quote BBC below

Fiat has reduced its losses, following a reorganisation aimed at shoring up the struggling Italian carmaker.
Fiat's operating loss came out at 158m euros ($187m; £106m) in the first three months of 2004, down from 342m euro during the same period last year.

The results have been attributed to rising car sales, in part boosted by four new car launches since the autumn.

But the company's net debt was reported to stand at 4.4bn euros, up from 3bn at the end of December.

Fiat said it is on track to break even - as planned - by the end of the year.

The company, intends to end losses at its largest unit, Fiat Auto, by the end of next year and return the entire group to profit by 2006.

Fiat will have to improve their customer care by leaps and bounds and market the Petra aggressively. Only then will the Petra have any hope of surviving.
Oh yes, like rtech, even I don't like the name "Petra".

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Only then will the Petra have any hope of surviving.

Petrafied !

I think what Fiat really ought to do is kick all the current dealers (atleast in Bbay) in their a** and introduce a whole new chain of professional and customer-orienter dealers. Did you know that the margins on Fiat cars are way higher than their counterparts at Maruti and Tata? If Fiat were to strengthen its commitment to India, and assert the same to its potential dealers...I see no reason why groups such as the Sanghis and Auto Hangars would not get into retailing Fiats. They are afterall the best products in their class...especially the Palio.

Imagine this, Fiat dealers finally projecting a whole new look. Technologically friendly, car-educated sales people and absolutely professional and friendly service reps. For all the marketing that a company does, its the dealer that actually interacts with the end customer. Its the dealer that can build or ruin a companys reputation.

GTO

agree with gto
isnt the perta name only for the diesel engined one??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ May 11 2004,18:46)]Ah....Romeo, Romeo, where art thou !!!!!!!!!

Ajmat do you know that was actually a headline for Alfa Romeo? 15 years back.