Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 17:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Now the fabia in the 5.5-7.5 segment. I think their game plan is clear, be present every where.
The Fabia most likely will be priced around 8-9. And they won't bring in the hatch coz it will be too expensive. Skoda will definitely bring in the Fabia sedan, and then even if the Octy is phased out then it wouldn't matter. The 8-9 lakh segment is extremely strong. And if Skoda can put together a good Indianised Fabia in that segment then there will be nothing like it! Skoda quality is really very good and people would deifinitely be lured into Czech territory!
Old 19th June 2007, 17:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

But has anyone seen a Sedan version of the 'New Fabia' ?
Old 19th June 2007, 18:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited View Post
The Fabia most likely will be priced around 8-9. And they won't bring in the hatch coz it will be too expensive.
Agree. It seems still we are not ready to digest expensive hatches, just like the SRV which is not doing great number. Fabia sedan is the obvious option.
Old 19th June 2007, 21:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarath View Post
Agree. It seems still we are not ready to digest expensive hatches, just like the SRV which is not doing great number. Fabia sedan is the obvious option.
my friend the fabia will be around 7 lacs. and it will be the hatch back. and not the sedan.
Old 19th June 2007, 21:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well the 'New Fabia' sedan will be launched in Europe only in 2008 at the minimum. They are launching the 'New Fabia' SW/combi atleast there in 2008, so you can expect the sedan to come even later.

Now if they bring in the 'Old Fabia' sedan in India, with the dies that have been disposed off as scrap from Europe, after introduction of the 'New Fabia' sedan there, then I am sure everyone here would be mighty pi$$ed off.

So the most likely possibility for Skoda seems to be to introduce the 'New Fabia' hatch in India and then later introduce the 'New Fabia' combi and sedan models as and when they are introduced in Europe.
Old 19th June 2007, 21:59   #21
BHPian

Death of the Octavia

Just drove the Optra Diesel today. It has the shove and smoothness to shame a Laura!..take a test drive guys..its AMAZING..the price is really good too! 10.5 On road bbay! with alloys, MP3 player etc!
Old 19th June 2007, 22:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
my friend the fabia will be around 7 lacs. and it will be the hatch back. and not the sedan.
buddy, I have read somewhere that Skoda has plans to introduce both the hatch and sedan versions for the Fabia, though not so sure. IMHO, the sedan will be the better option considering the price range.
Old 19th June 2007, 23:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
Just drove the Optra Diesel today. It has the shove and smoothness to shame a Laura!..take a test drive guys..its AMAZING..the price is really good too! 10.5 On road bbay! with alloys, MP3 player etc!
this surely is quickening the 'death' process of the octy, but as a old faithfull i will still stick to the 'well built' octy.
Old 20th June 2007, 02:37   #24
BHPian

I think it time for octavia to go grace fully like a winner and they should bring laura into main stream ,other wise its sure going the way of old indian cricket team players who cant play but will still not retire ,but one cant say much also when people are launching Logan in 2007 which was supposed to come here in 1987 ,i know its was born late but ,but what our fault we get all the models launched here which are out of production else where
Old 20th June 2007, 04:56   #25
BANNED

Hello.
Octy (we get to see here) has been killed long time in most parts of the world and replaced by the new Octy (known as Laura here). So, why don't they do the same here? Laura should be brought down from it's over hyped position and relocated fairly where it supposed to be positioned. Yes, That's the only change we need from Skoda.

No, please don't do that grill change, headlamp change job for the old one. It is time they show us what a Czech can do.
Skoda did it when it introduced itself with a remarkably good product. Now, it is high time they repeat the magic. Or is it too late?
Old 20th June 2007, 05:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

If Skoda does replace the Octavia with the Laura, wont the people who have bought Lauras be pissed off?

OT: The Logan was introduced in 2004 and isnt that old a model even though you might not think that when you look at it.
Old 20th June 2007, 07:58   #27
BHPian

Correct me if I am wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
IMO, Skoda should now stop the production of Octys in India...Laura's should take that place (pricewise??)...in the hatchback category, Fabia is much awaited...
Is not the Octavia and the Laura hatchbacks already, big hatchbacks though?
Old 20th June 2007, 08:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Is not the Octavia and the Laura hatchbacks already, big hatchbacks though?
they are Notchbacks ........................
Old 20th June 2007, 10:42   #29
BHPian

I had heard that the tooling for the old Octavia would be shipped to countries like India, where the old Octy's doing fine. This means that we could get a tweaked Octavia sometime. Also, the Laura (new Octavia) is inherently more expensive to make, which may make it difficult for the Laura to be cut down to the current Octavia's price.
Old 21st June 2007, 11:21   #30
BHPian

Second hand prices too will drop

The introduction of the Magnum from GM has done two things - one is provide the much needed competition to Skoda to get their act together and start providing VFM - both in terms of new cars as well as spares and after sales support. The second is that the second hand skoda prices will drop dramatically as there is an alternative to a fuel efficient diesel skoda. As the resale value drops, the demand for the new ones also will drop - it is a cascading effect (Hyundai vs Honda for example). Honda and Toyota have some superb diesel plants and it will be interesting if they will be forced to react. The only downside of the GM Magnum is their brand/snob value - or the lack of it - similar to a Hyundai. The Skoda, Honda and Toyota brands still are placed above GM and Hyundai which will allow them to breathe for a while, but there will certainly be an errosion..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks