Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2004, 14:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
If anyone here owns a Porsche Cayenne or knows a lot about it please lemme know I have some queries about the car, Any help would be appreciated,
Thanx!
Old 20th May 2004, 15:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey S350,

RG owns a cayenne S.
Why dont you post the questions you have and maybe other members can help out as well (or atleast see what you are wondering!)

cya
R
Old 20th May 2004, 20:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

ok guys ill shoot,
This is for someone i know who always ends up asking me on what car to buy this time he pops the question on the cayenne, hmm well im against SUV's and have'nt ever bothered read or know anything about them, So lucky for me i have this excellent forum so ill shoot all the questions I have :

1) Is it worth buying?
2) Is the V8 good for spending more or should he stick to V6?
3) Is it better then the LandRover / M-Class ( for which i'd advise him to wait for spring 2005 when the new version comes out )
4) Does it have features like ventilated seats? Hot and Cold? Active suspension?
5) How's the ride quality and handling? ( I know SUV's aint sports cars but still )

Any unique features compared to competetion? Now the engine would not matter much is what i think for an offroader,
What ive advised him to do is get the G class but he says it's too BOXY...

So guys help me help someone else!

Thanx!
Old 20th May 2004, 21:57   #4
BHPian

Last time I was shopping for a vehicle, I was seriously considering a VW Touareg. My experience with the car might help you choose - the Cayenne is built on the same platform as the VW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Is it worth buying?
Yes, but it's not the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Is the V8 good for spending more or should he stick to V6?
Absolutely. The V6 might be underpowered for a ~ 6000lbs vehicle. The V6 touareg was disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Is it better then the LandRover / M-Class
Better than the M, yes. Note that the Land Rover is a true body on frame SUV, unlike the unibody Cayenne (car based). The Range Rover can handle dirt roads a thousand times better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Does it have features like ventilated seats? Hot and Cold? Active suspension?
Yes, it does have the adjustable height, air suspension, plenty of luxury all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]How's the ride quality and handling?
Thrilling behind the wheel, good off-road abilities and great road manners. Quick and fast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks