Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: When compared to the waiting time estimate at booking, when did the actual delivery happen?
Before the committed delivery date 88 28.95%
Around the same time as committed 149 49.01%
Longer than committed 67 22.04%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2022, 20:30   #46
BHPian

Re: Compared to the waiting time estimate at booking, when did the actual delivery happen?

I voted for "before".
I'd booked a brown Carens 6D AT around the end of March 2022. The waiting period at booking was provided as 28 weeks. However I got a call after 4 weeks from the SA saying that a black 6D AT was available as a customer did not want it anymore. The color really did not matter to me so I took it. I guess I just got lucky.
Old 26th June 2022, 21:15   #47
BHPian

Re: Compared to the waiting time estimate at booking, when did the actual delivery happen?

My previous cars( Nano, i10 and Alto 800 ) were all used cars. For the first time decided to go for new car and approached Maru dealer in First week of March 2022. We fixed on Spresso AMT ,but after hearing from dealer that it would take 3 to 4 months for AMT delivery, booked manual version. Got the vehicle delivered in one week as promised. ( In fact my first condition was that as I was about go upto Kerala , I needed the car before March end).
Old 26th June 2022, 22:41   #48
BHPian

I can't vote, since I am a newbie, but here goes.Booked a Creta SX(O) DCT Petrol around 29th Jan 2022. The dealer claimed a 8-10 Week waiting list at that time.

Come May 2022, the dealer was still non - committal on delivery dates or allocation, wanted me to try and shift to a lower variant. Also there were talks of a facelift being around the corner. I therefore asked him to shift the booking to Alcazar Signature 6 Str Petrol AT on 8th May and he said it would take 3 more months for the same. However found another Hyundai Dealer, who said he could get the car allowed to us in 3 weeks. He even proceeded to share Chassis Number and VIN number within a week of advance booking. So cancelled the booking with the original dealer, and proceeded with the new dealer. I managed to get the car delivered to me on 7th June 2022.

So was unable to get Creta for over 14 weeks, with no commitment in sight while managed to get an Alcazar In 3 weeks as promised.
Ays7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 23:23   #49
BHPian

I've bought two cars in that period.

A GLE400d that I started negotiating for in August 2021. They didn't let me book the car until end of October citing the fact that the global chip shortage meant they couldn't confirm a slot/delivery for me. Finally when I did book it, I was first told delivery would be in the first week of March. Numerous delays later, I finally took delivery in early May 2022.

The second was a Porsche Cayenne that I booked in the first week of May 2022. I was first told the car would ship later in the month and land by early July as I picked on they had in stock, just awaiting import. But was later told the car was already on the ship and arrived before they expected, and I took delivery a month before I planned to.
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 00:56   #50
BHPian

This is regarding the impromptu decision to buy Thar Petrol.

December 20th is when I test drove it and then a days later is when my Wife drove it. We decided to book the car and paid the Token money on 24th December 2021.

Now the SA was really nice and said that there are December variants available but asked us not to go for them. He said that the booking are usually closed for the last week of Year and also for the first week of the year. He said that he will book it after the first week of Jan 2022 or whenever the bookings open-up for the dealership. I trusted him because of the follow-up message on WhatsApp or the phone-calls.

Come January 6th and he shared a screenshot of the booking done and assured that on 18th January or before Thar Petrol will be available for delivery.

Now my School-mate said to me - did he say 18th Jan 2022 or 18th Jan 2023. And my friend was very serious about this. Come 17th Jan and I get the info that Thar is available in the showroom, you can come and pay a visit to the workshop. I was amazed that the car got delivered right or before the time that was promised to us.
Old 27th June 2022, 04:08   #51
BHPian

Car: Thar Soft Top Convertible top diesel auto Red color
Booking date and city: 29 March 2022 and Lucknow
Delivery date: 23 May 2022 (4 months ahead of promised date)

Attachment 2325608
Attached Thumbnails
Compared to the waiting time estimate at booking, when did the actual delivery happen?-whatsapp-image-20220524-11.36.04-pm.jpeg  

AMG1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 07:25   #52
BHPian

I'm sorry I didn't read rule 1 before voting, but I guess I can share my inputs as our close relatives purchased a Kia Sonet 7-8 months ago and I was very much informed about this.

Car delivery was delayed by a loooooong time. I have no idea about the waiting period but it was easily around 4+ months. Situation was like dealer had no clue as to when the car will be alloted. It was like we were doing a favor by purchasing a car. Such was the treatment.

12 years ago, Beat was newly launched. We booked ours in the first week of Feb, promised delivery by March, but got delivered in end April. Reasons in delay as stated by dealer were the car was a top variant(LT option pack) and color(moroccan blue).
Old 27th June 2022, 10:59   #53
BHPian

Voted : Before committed date of delivery.

Booked Nexon EV XZ+ White on 19th Feb 2022
PDI done on 31st May 2022
Delivery : 8th June 2022
Committed date of delivery was 15th August 2022

Was able to get delivery in 110 days only by escalating to Tata motors for almost a month.
Got the delivery early but ended up with cost hike of 50K and loss of MH early bird subsidy of 100k.
Old 27th June 2022, 11:29   #54
BHPian

Cant Vote but my response would be " Around the same time ". I booked XUV 300 W8(O) Petrol AMT on 13th Oct 2021 with India Garage, Whitefield. They committed to provide it by 2nd Nov 2021 which they did on the exact date. Though this was possible because it was 30 Sep production already available and it only remained to be shipped.
Old 27th June 2022, 11:42   #55
BHPian

Voted Before Time.

Booked a Creta Turbo Petrol DCT SX(O) in Feb 2020 and then the pandemic hit. Kept the booking on hold till the situation improved and requested the SA to punch in the order in Sept 15 and i was given a waiting period of 45-60 days.
Kept pushing the SA for an early delivery and finally received the allocation and VIN number on Oct -16, vehicle arrived by Oct-20, PDI was done on Oct-20 and then took the delivery on Oct-25.
Overall I was really happy with the booking and delivery process. I know many of the people would be thinking that I was lucky to get hold of my car keys in a little more than a month's time, where people are asked to wait till eternity to see a new car in their garage.
Old 27th June 2022, 12:06   #56
sse

I could not vote as I am a Newbie, So my vote would be to "Before the committed delivery date".

Model : Nexon XZ+(HS) Diesel
Booking Date : 5th April, 2022
Expected Delivery Date : 5th July, 2022
Chassis No. Received : 28th April, 2022
Car received in Stockyard : 10th May, 2022
Delivery Date : 13th May, 2022

I was able to take delivery by 38 days against 90 days promised.
Old 27th June 2022, 12:44   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Voted for before the promised date as per my own experience.
I had booked the All New Mahindra Thar Petrol AT HT on October 2nd 2020 at 0900 hrs.
Was given a delivery estimate a week or so later saying March 2021.
The vehicle was made ready for delivery early February 2021 and registered and all.
I took delivery on 14 Feb 2021.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 12:47   #58
BHPian

Voted : Before.

Had a booking on the Seltos IMT, and the waiting time was to be about 6 months, but got mine in about 45 days after my dad whose a doctor put his networks into good use.

But the unfortunate irony of the situation is that I took delivery of my car on 30th March - and Kia stopped deliveries off the existing car on 31st March in favour of the new model which added a slew of safety features for a small price hike.

Needless to say, buyers remorse kicked in big time.
Old 27th June 2022, 12:56   #59
BHPian

Bought a Honda City VCVT Sept 2021.

Was still thinking/debating about it when the SA called and said there was a car (colour and trim of my choice) available in his stockyard. Had doubts about age of car. Asked for VIN and realised it was manufactured in August 2021. Paid money on Monday and car was delivered home on Thursday complete with leather seat covers. All butter smooth with no hiccups. My experiences (multiple) with Honda have been very good on this score.

Note; during this time other cars were facing chip supply issues and there was a great degree of uncertainty about delivery timelines.
Old 27th June 2022, 13:34   #60
BHPian

Well, this is my first post on this forum after my membership was approved. So, kindly forgive me for my mistakes.

I am actually not able to vote and I don't know the reason for it.

But anyway, I will go with "Longer than Committed" option. I'd booked my Alcazar 2.0 Signature Automatic 7 Str in Starry Night color on 22nd Dec-21 with VD Hyundai, New Delhi. The waiting period committed in writing was 2-3 months. But I'm still waiting with no definite delivery date in sight.

Most Viewed