Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 20:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

If one SX4 taxi makes it a 'flavour', what do you call the tens of thousands of Flairs and Indicas ? An Armada ?

The Merc (E-class) is a common taxi cab that you get in Belgium. Will that make me say no to a Merc ? Sure not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek
There aren't any Palio cab. Atleast I haven't seen one.
Maybe you should start with searching for any Palio - cab or otherwise. It would be more like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
@ben & manikjeet, why dont you fellas get together & buy the whole lot of ikons & innovas that are on sale, so no cabbie can get them.
Old 20th June 2007, 20:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

wowow! a ferrari taxi, i m sure the cost of hiring it would be as much as say an 800 ??? and oh btw, whatever taxi i've gone in, in europe has always been a mercedes benz! so i guess now taxi and personal car would be more or less same these days!
Old 20th June 2007, 21:42   #33
BHPian

May be there are Palio cabs. But I am sure there are no Palio Adventure cabs. That is one exclusivity I have
Old 20th June 2007, 23:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
May be there are Palio cabs. But I am sure there are no Palio Adventure cabs. That is one exclusivity I have
So, if you want more exclusivity, convert yours to a cab.
Old 20th June 2007, 23:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
So, if you want more exclusivity, convert yours to a cab.
Or even better, sell your fiat & buy the Logan, Estilo or the U-Va. Really can't see them at all.
Old 21st June 2007, 00:31   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Or even better, sell your fiat & buy the Logan, Estilo or the U-Va. Really can't see them at all.
No? Well, I see the Estilos by dozens in Hyderabad. U-Va also I have seen quite a few of late. And Logans which were not visible on Hyderabad roads till a few days back all of a sudden have hit the road with vengeance. I am seeing a good number of them suddenly.
Old 21st June 2007, 00:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yeah But I was meaning in the lines of ..." Gentlemen , the one and only Palio Adventure Taxi belongs to....hold your breath...thalavoy..clap clap clap"....That kind of exclusivity!!
Old 21st June 2007, 00:39   #38
BHPian

IMHO, SX4 cabbies will not have much effect as long as SX4 dont get predominantly registered as cabs.

Though we have Merc and ferrari cabs, it will never stop a potential buyer to look for them. Because user/customer profile in general plays a good role here.

For e.g., Indica is a good vehicle and i've seen more cabs than privately owned vehicles(atleast in Bangalore this is the case). taxi image (though Indicabs are available) automatically gets attached to it.

So for products like SX4 and the cars in lower segment, what will be the effect? how is it different/same from the higher end products (as far as taxi image is concerned). let me know please...
Old 21st June 2007, 05:55   #39
Ram
Senior - BHPian

As we develop and progress, it's high time, the common taxicabs start using larger cars with trunks.

And, at that, a high headroom, high ground clearance, 2-wheel-drive, crossover SUV with a trunk. SUV-Crossover-4 that's SX4. What could be a better cab?

Old 21st June 2007, 08:31   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Yeah But I was meaning in the lines of ..." Gentlemen , the one and only Palio Adventure Taxi belongs to....hold your breath...thalavoy..clap clap clap"....That kind of exclusivity!!

Two days back, we had a Camry cabbie blocking the road for some time.

Was with a yellow plate, (might belong to some hotel group). The guy tried to make a U-turn, that would have been difficult to make in a small hatch.
Result? This huge car was blocking the entire road (- was shocked by how the length covered the width of the road)

By the way, one particular hotel group here has Nissan X-trails (and a lot of them) plying with yellow plates all over the city.
Old 21st June 2007, 10:43   #41
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore also has a BMW 7 and an Audi A8 as taxi's
Old 21st June 2007, 11:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

very nice! Being a luxury maruti, this would be the taxi driver's favourite. They had the esteem's and now it sthe SX4. However, I dont think any taxi operator (for call centers) would use the SX4, but these would still be with the fellow's who rent out cars for airport drops type of taxi drivers.
Old 21st June 2007, 11:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

arre you all guy saying we got a ferrari taxi camry taxi here in chandigarh we have porsche cayenne as a taxi can you beat it and its say cayenne s at the back and has some cool looking alloys
Old 21st June 2007, 12:01   #44
BHPian

But guys what's wrong with an SX4 having a commercial number plate????? Many of my relatives are using BMW7 series, Vianos & S-Class for their commercial use. But that does not effect the image of that car.
Old 21st June 2007, 12:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroholic1 View Post
But guys what's wrong with an SX4 having a commercial number plate?????
Beats me, cannot really understand the purpose of this thread. I mean, hasn't every Indian car launched in recent years been used as a commercial vehicle either by Hotels or cab operators or call centers? This is the latest entrant, that's all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks