Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 10:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Esteem Lover
I have been noticing that you and I share the same likes and perhaps dislikes too. I have always wanted to own a pick-up truck (it's so macho) but the quality of the stuff produced so far in India being nowhere near what it should be I have waited for such a long time. If this succeeds I will go for it.
Mahindra already has a pick up version of Bolero but only doodhwallas use them. Tatamobile was the first in that genre but again it was quite a failure.
I think this model is meant for "yuppie farmers" (a contradictory pair of words but I couldn't find a better phrase to describe them) and urban 35 plus people who like exploring the outdoors on four wheels (this number is growing every day).
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Sudipto
Old 21st June 2007, 11:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

well, mahindra's attempting to throw something at a market that is not ready. When people are spending money, they want to spend it on something grand. At 8L, anyone would want a full vehicle, and not a cut up one. I really dont think how often someone would use a "cab" version to go to work. This would need to be a die-hard trekker's 2nd vehicle that they use to go to some obscure place. I hope they atleast give 4x4 option.
Old 26th June 2007, 23:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

The pricing on this is high, 6.99 L for 2WD and 7.99 L 4WD. come on we can buy proper safari or scorpio for that kind of money. they have priced it at least 1 L cheaper than it would have made sense.But any ways M&M is targeting punjab for this first, they feel framers out there will buy it with all that money.
Old 27th June 2007, 15:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

I feel that the Tata pickup that was showcased at one of the Euro motor shows has better styling than this Scorpio.

Have Mahindra launched a new Scorpio LX model as well for RS6.99lakh ?
Old 27th June 2007, 15:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post

Have Mahindra launched a new Scorpio LX model as well for RS6.99lakh ?
I think you are asking for the m2di version which is a lac cheaper

yes they have and it a has balero DI engine
Old 27th June 2007, 16:26   #21
BHPian

guys, lets wait for a few of them to come out, then we can actually decide...this design seems to be a kind of copy or inspired by the modification done by [FONT=Tahoma]Kishan Lohiya to his scorpio. check out the link below....not exact insipiration but to a certain extent....what do u guys say...[/FONT]
Mahindra Scorpio SUV From India
Old 27th June 2007, 16:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
I think you are asking for the m2di version which is a lac cheaper

yes they have and it a has balero DI engine
I think there is a new version called the LX. Google came up with the following :

The Hindu Business Line : Scorpio stings, in style and price

This claims the "While the Scorpio Lx answers the growing customer demand for an entry level SUV with the new generation common rail diesel engine and value enhancing features, the Getaway is a niche, lifestyle vehicle. " and further in the article mentions a price of about 7lakh.

Looks like it is powered by the CRDE engine.
Old 27th June 2007, 16:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think there is a new version called the LX
Yes there is the LX version now instead of what was the standard scorpio.
Lx comes without the body cladding.

Checkup :: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio :: for details. With regards to M2Di that's a different version,one which has the bolero engine.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:10   #24
BANNED

Guys, any updates on the pick up based on the scorpio ... I believe its only been lauinched in Punjab !! Anyone from Punjab who can get us a price list , specs , options , pics & a test drive .

Cheers
Old 13th July 2007, 21:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra getaway gets a bad name in the Australian markets,though how fair is questionable.

Quote:
JUST weeks after its release onto the Australian market, an Indian-built ute has been crowned the nation's least secure vehicle by a leading motoring group.
The four-door ute edged out the Proton Jumbuck GLi ute and the Suzuki APV Van to record the lowest score in the study.
Mahindra's take is that the tests where conducted on the older model and not the present one.

Source:
Meet our most 'hottest' vehicle | NEWS.com.au

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 13th July 2007 at 21:24.
Old 13th July 2007, 21:39   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Mahindra's take is that the tests where conducted on the older model and not the present one.
2 out of a possible 120 points. That would be an achievement.

I dont know which older model is M&M talking about. Their crew-cab pick-up isnt very old - about a year after it's launch in South Africa.
Old 13th July 2007, 21:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Mahindra getaway gets a bad name in the Australian markets,though how fair is questionable.

Source:
Meet our most 'hottest' vehicle | NEWS.com.au

For a moment I thought it was a safety test... nope, its only a security test and if the manuf. cannot provide security like engine immobilizers, central locking etc, you can always get them aftermarket. Most manuf. provide those features as options anyway and I am sure these options can be made standard without any R&D work. It should not be a big deal when purchasing a new vehicle.
Old 13th July 2007, 21:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Okay security as in "resistance to theft", "hijacking" etc...who cares..ask those guys to buy something from aftermarket or something costlier.
Old 13th July 2007, 23:02   #29
BHPian

oh yea it does dosent it, does anyone have pics of the dhoni car!

also my dad is in love with the yellow getaway
so he told me to ask you these questions
1.is it available here
2.whats the onroad price for a 4x4
Old 13th July 2007, 23:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post

A few pics from their africa site,however has the market matured to accept a pick-up:

The back looks good and the orange side view looks good.... however IMO the first pic on top black side view looks ugly and shapeless. MnM should take a look at the Dodge RAM and the likes.. Awsome truck styling.

This looks more like a half @$ job of a chopped scorpio.

Again In My Personal Opinion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks