Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 18:11   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
It has a Spoiler on its tailgate!!!?
I'll check and tell you anyway. But the interior is in a complete mess, even the seats are not in place.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:23   #92
BHPian

spotted a mahindra getaway

so yesterday i spotted a scorpio getaway and i had thought this species was extinct

The car looked amazingly HOT !
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-img_0294.jpg  

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-img_0296.jpg  

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-img_0298.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2010, 19:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
...The car looked amazingly HOT !

Maybe you will change your opinion after you see the Tata Xenon in flesh !
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:17   #94
BHPian

not sure if its worth mentioning, but in the 2nd week of jan, i saw a 2door, LHD version of the scorpio pick up truck, running on red MH registration plates, here in chennai. pick are with my friend and will upload as soon as i get my hands on them..
Old 29th January 2010, 18:15   #95
Senior - BHPian

2010 4x2 gataway

hi guys
here are some pics of new 2010 4x2 gateway which i clicked at our "local" (& chip) dealership.
the fella who ordered it told me its price at 8,22,000/- on road.
some standard fitments were electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors, central locking, mp3, ac.
interior is just like normal Scorpio but rear leg room is just little more & looks good with massive 245/ 75/ r 16 tyres .

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-1.jpg

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-2.jpg

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-3.jpg
sorry if already posted. tried search with 2010 gataway but coudent find any thing.

Last edited by jeepster : 29th January 2010 at 18:17.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:30   #96
BHPian

does the gateway also have 4x4 option or is it just 4x2
Old 29th January 2010, 19:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
does the gateway also have 4x4 option or is it just 4x2
yes there is a 4x4 version.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:07   #98
BHPian

One of my friends is looking to pick up a 4x4 primarily for off roading and camping. He is looking at the Getaway as he likes the way it looks.
Does the Getaway match up in terms of its ride and build quality too? is it a sturdy vehicle?
He is a Mahindra nut, as his first vehicle was a 540, which he still loves. It would be difficult to convince him otherwise.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:31   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Finject:

If your friends needs a 4x4 pick up the only options are Scorpio Getaway and Xenon. Xenon is a much more modern package which was designed as a pick up from the start, unlike the getaway which is a Scorpio minus the rear quarter plus a pick up bed. The bed extends way beyond the rear wheel hence loads will not be balanced.

But as your friend is a Mahindra fan there is not much to discuss as getaway is the only choice for him.
Old 4th August 2013, 20:55   #100
BHPian

Mahindra Getaway - Where Can I Buy It? Is There a BS-4 Version?

Hey all,

I am really tired by now searching for Mahindra getaway from last 2 months. No dealer has any specific information regarding it. finally i want to mark an email to concern authority in Mahindra to provide information.

Recently my car i10 was stolen from GK2, from that time i have been trying to get in touch with Mahindra people but its been of no use. Its a euro-3 vehicle and cannot be registered in Delhi NCR. But recently i noticed a brand new Getaway with Noida (UP 16) registration. Since only euro 4 cars can be registered in Noida, so is the euro 4 variant available. No dealer in Delhi NCR is ready to get it, i even contacted Uttakhand and Haryana dealer but have really strange responses, few say it can be registered as commercial vehicle only, few say euro 4 is available, few say it discontinued. Crazy.

Kindly help me in any way. Looking for immediate support.

Thanks
SK

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th August 2013 at 18:59. Reason: Formatting your post. Please take the time to present it well. Thanks.
Old 4th August 2013, 21:20   #101
BANNED

re: Mahindra Getaway - Where Can I Buy It? Is There a BS-4 Version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
Recently my car i10 was stolen from GK2, from that time i have been trying to get in touch with Mahindra people but its been of no use. Its a euro-3 vehicle and cannot be registered in Delhi NCR. But recently i noticed a brand new Getaway with Noida (UP 16) registration. Since only euro 4 cars can be registered in Noida, so is the euro 4 variant available. No dealer in Delhi NCR is ready to get it, i even contacted Uttakhand and Haryana dealer but have really strange responses, few say it can be registered as commercial vehicle only, few say euro 4 is available, few say it discontinued.
Crazy

But can you please put the problem clearly that you are facing now with M&M?! I am not able to understand it.

And how was the i10 stolen? FIR and complaint lodged wit the police?

Anurag.
Old 4th August 2013, 23:07   #102
BHPian

Well, regarding my beloved i10 as you can see her in my garage in the forum. She was my kind and lovable partner from last 5 years. She had been with me to places where delicate female like her can give major hiccups. It was one unfortunate night (Sat Night); I left her outside my friends place in GK2 and went home by taxi (Due to some reasons you can guess). It was parked just next to my friend’s i10 and other cars. Next morning at 12 Noon (Sun), I went back to collect her and instead of her I could just find few broken glass pieces. So in a time frame of 12 AM and 12 noon. Some really kind thieves broke the window glass, deactivated the auto-cop and drove it off. With all original papers and last 5 years service history. Unfortunately I never expected thieves interested in stealing a 5-year-old 1.1-i10 magna and as a result I didn't bothered to put the gear lock. Blame it to UP80 registration or shining well maintained golden color or my luck, I lost her anyhow. FIR done and even managed to get the Final report from court too. But now the trauma begins- Insurance claim from Bajaj Allianz. Surveyor has already asked me for endless amount of paperwork, which I am not able to manage with my busy schedule. In spite the fact 1.98 Lakhs of claim is no compensation for my beloved car.

Secondly, M&M Scorpio getaway 4X4 as much information I got from website and other sources is a Bharat Stage 3 Vehicle and cannot be registered in Delhi and NCR area. There is total disconnect between the different dealers statement regarding it, So blame it to so called “qualified” dealership sales people, who have no crazy idea about the vehicle at all. I contacted all M&M dealers in NCR and no one even agreed to answer my queries regarding it. Simple answer is- "We don't have it" or "What Scorpio getaway-What's that!!!" or " Sir it has been discontinued" or "I will call back after enquiring." After all such responses I contacted Rewari, Panipat, Chandigarh, Zirakpur, Amritsar and was not able to get answers to my questions.
Few Haryana Dealers says it’s a Euro 3 then how come the new getaway I saw with UP16 (Noida registration).
Some told me it could only be registered with commercial registration.
Few quoted 2-3 months of delivery time, and few really creepy ones agreed for 10 days, after explaining them how this car looks like.

I just have few questions:

Bharat Stage 4 version of M&M available or not?
Can I buy BS3 version from NCR and register it in Uttrakhand or somewhere else?
If I am looking for dealer outside NCR any recommendations, I don't want end up with some bluff dealers.
Is there any possibility for discounts?
Is there any way I can find out any dealer in north India, who has it available in stock?
Will Uttrakhand be cheaper to register or any other state in north India?
Is there any centralized M&M contact center to get more details?

List seems endless, but these are the few I have in mind.
Thanks in advance
SK
Old 5th August 2013, 07:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

Please PM dkaile - he had mentioned how inspite of being in Meerut, he was able to register his Fortuner in uttarakhand in a perfectly legal fashion.
Old 5th August 2013, 10:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

That is true. I did manage to get my Fortuner and Superb 'legally' registered in my name in Uttaranchal and save a lot of moolah (at that time as tax there was 2.5%) in the process but I had a friend there who let me use his address and give the NOC to the RTO. Now the tax differential has reduced greatly and the economic advantage is mostly diluted.

Regarding you unique problem, I suppose that a Mahindra dealer would be able to guide you properly. You can choose a dealer in Meerut (Jai Kumar Arun Kumar, I think) and contact him after getting his contact details from the company website (Details I got were - Jai Kumar Arun Kumar Pvt. Ltd.195, Opp. Partapur Ploce St, Delhi Rd, Meerut - 250103 E-mail: Phone: 0121-2440613/ 2440626). If he too says that the said vehicle is not available or will be registered only as commercial vehicle, then you have no choice. Also why don't you drop a email to the company directly and ask about the availability of the said vehicle.

I would suggest, you look at many other competent vehicles available to fulfill your requirements.

Last edited by dkaile : 5th August 2013 at 10:59.
Old 5th August 2013, 11:38   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Tweet to Anand Mahindra, Mahindra Adventures, Great Escapes etc! I am sure someone from the company will get back to you. Then you can get all your queries answered.

Dealers anyway divulge info that is beneficial for them. They are happy selling Boleros and Scorpios by the dozens and I guess they don't see any value in helping one odd customer.

ATB!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks