Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 13:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default 50,000th Renault Kiger rolls off the production line in India

Renault has achieved a new production milestone as the 50,000th Kiger rolled off its assembly line in Chennai. To mark this occasion, Renault has introduced a new Stealth Black colour option.

50,000th Renault Kiger rolls off the production line in India-renaultkigerblack.jpg

Renault launched the Kiger in February 2021. The crossover received its first upgrade earlier this year. It is based on the CMF-A+ platform, which it shares with the Nissan Magnite.

The Kiger is powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine that produces 99 BHP and 160 Nm. The engine is now available with either a 5-speed manual or CVT in 'RXT (O)' trim.

The Kiger also comes with a 1.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that makes 71 BHP and 96 Nm. This engine is mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 4th July 2022 at 13:50.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 14:00   #2
BHPian

Default Re: 50,000th Renault Kiger rolls off the production line in India

Congratulations Renault. This is a proof that pricing can be decider in the success of a product. Pretty good product with very good safety(4 star safety) and features.

The company has been doing decent numbers. They need to bring a replacement for the duster with a decent pricing like the Kiger, and it will be a hit.
Benoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 10:21   #3
BHPian

Well deserved !! Glad people are moving out of the herd mentality.

This is a very good value proposition for a 4* rated car which is quite complete. With the new launches in this segment and the price hikes, this has become a better value proposition. We picked this up as our second car but since it has come in, this is the car that's mostly used. Perfect for the City and even for the highways.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 13:26   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Always turns my head when one passes by. Excellent exterior design akin to the Punch
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 13:57   #5

I booked a Kiger RXZ Turbo CVT a couple of months ago and asked for delivery in the last week of July (as I would be out of town) which was agreed to by the dealer. The dealer called me on June 29 evening and said that I had to pay the ex-showroom price by June 30, and if I did not pay, the vehicle that was being transported from Chennai (expected to reach Trivandrum on July 4) would be allotted to somebody else. I did not want to pay without even seeing the vehicle. I suspect this has to do with meeting monthly targets and expect similar ultimatum at the end of July when I return. I am inclined to call the whole thing off. What should I do?
Old 5th July 2022, 14:08   #6
BHPian

Congratulations to Renault! No surprises as they have a solid, good looking and well effective product priced near perfectly. I always love seeing one on the road.
Old 5th July 2022, 15:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec2063 View Post
The dealer called me on June 29 evening and said that I had to pay the ex-showroom price by June 30, and if I did not pay, the vehicle that was being transported from Chennai (expected to reach Trivandrum on July 4) would be allotted to somebody else.
Smart way of passing the buck/liability on to the customer. Other than the booking amount, you should not be paying a single dime till the PDI is done. I would escalate and if that didn't work, call it off.
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed