Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2022, 12:05   #616
BANNED

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Brezza is a great buy then compared to Grand Vitara and Hyryder mild hybrids.
Exactly, now Brezza ZXi+ AT with 6 airbags, 360 cam, HUD seems OK for the price. It gets all possible bling and safety features from Maruti Stable except ventilated seats, for under 17 lakh. I think only the Grand Vitara Delta AT will be available for the same price as Brezza ZXi+ AT but Delta comes only with 2 airbags and Creta/Seltos do not even offer IVT Automatic in that price range.
Old 13th September 2022, 13:04   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara receives 53,000 bookings ahead of launch.

Quote:
the company has received 22,000 bookings for the strong hybrid, showing the customers inclination towards green mobility in a way.
The higher percentage of bookings remains with the mild hybrid.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th September 2022 at 13:08.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 15:29   #618
BHPian

Wow! 53,000 bookings even after the messed up feature distribution among the variants and also before the price reveal? Although not a big surprise since it's a Maruti, but still those are some really good numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
I love how many people on this forum are pissed that Maruti is offering the GV at 17 lakhs when the competition is just worse!
With all due respect, all the points you shared are highly over-exaggerated!

Quote:
1. Hyundai-Kia can get away with offering barely 3-star rated cars with reliability issues, no features in the lower variants, skipping out on basic features in base variants and pathetic headlamps.
I am also disappointed that the Koreans have completely compromised with their safety, but that doesn't make it a bad car. The features they offer are best-in-segment and we Indians do know what normal people prefer- features over everything. Their interior quality is also the best in segment. That's where the Koreans outplay their competitors.

Quote:
2. Skoda-VW can get away with cars that offer pathetic reliability, zero space, poor fuel efficiency, stupidly high maintenance costs and with interior parts which rattle worse than a Maruti 800 and even with cars in which the parts like interior lights and seats fall off their positions.
Pathetic reliabilty? So you're judging a car's reliability when it's only been even 1 year since they were launched? Give them some time to prove their reliability. Don't jump the gun!
Stupidly high maintenance costs? I completely disagree, but yes, higher than it's competitors.
Rattles worse than Maruti 800? If that's not over-exaggeration, I don't know what is. Interior quality of GrandVitara (apart from the soft touch materials) is probably the worst in segment.
Interior lights fall off? Apart from one, how many cases have you come across where the lights have fallen out? We, as enthusiasts, should not judge a car just by a single event/mishap. It might be due to a manufacturing defect which is prone to happen in any car of any car brand.
Seats fall off their position? Are you talking about the accident of that Blue Virtus? If you are, then consider what may have caused it. Maybe the rear passenger without seatbelt would've collided with the front seats.
Mileage? If people want mileage, they can extract it from the VW cars. If they want performance, they can extract it too. But can Maruti's K15C give any performance? Seems like you should've thought of that, lol.

Quote:
When a Grand Vitara with decent space, good safety, good fuel efficiency, relatively lower maintenance costs, reliable and long lasting parts etc arrives at a similar price, but with a 100hp engine..... it is called "sub-par", "overpriced" and what not!
I love how you're declaring Grand Vitara to be "perfect" when the car has not been launched yet. Grand Vitara purely goes by Suzuki's motive- 'Kitna deti hai' and that would probably be the only reason why people would choose GV/UCHR over the Koreans and Germans. All 5 brands cater to completely different customers. I am not saying that GV is a bad car, but don't declare the car to be 'perfect' either.

All I am saying is no car is perfect. Each and every car has it's own advantages and limitations. We as car enthusiasts should not try to completely bash other cars just due to their limitations, what if the Grand Vitara also faces problems? Do you have anything in written by Maruti that GV will be absolutely problem-free? Think about it.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 13th September 2022 at 15:34.
TechnoBloop is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 16:42   #619
Senior - BHPian

Posing with the arch rival

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220913163346_instagram.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 17:38   #620
BHPian

Seltos looks so good and is the more modern looking of the two even though it was released was more than 3 years back now
searacer932 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 17:47   #621
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Seltos looks so good and is the more modern looking of the two even though it was released was more than 3 years back now
Even though Looks are subjective, That particular photo is taken in wide angle with seltos closer to the camera, so obviously it will look more appealing. So there is a 'composition' bias in that photo.

Having seen the grand vitara in person in kalyani nexa, bangalore, the front end (to some extent with absence of fog lamps), the rear end (inline with pajero,meridian), alloy wheels all look much more modern/current in the Grand Vitara than the ageing seltos.
tarmacnaut is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 18:05   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
Even though Looks are subjective, That particular photo is taken in wide angle with seltos closer to the camera, so obviously it will look more appealing. So there is a 'composition' bias in that photo.
In fact that should be opposite, The wide angle camera had made the Seltos looks distorted and could not show the majestically good proportion of the car. Seltos IMHO is the best looking mid size SUV and although newer, The Grand Vitara is not even close in this area.

Where as the Hybrid tech, MSIL's ASS & overall trust of customers (On MSIL) are key differentiator in favor of Vitara.
UD17 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 18:07   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
Having seen the grand vitara in person in kalyani nexa, bangalore, the front end (to some extent with absence of fog lamps), the rear end (inline with pajero,meridian), alloy wheels all look much more modern/current in the Grand Vitara than the ageing seltos.
Can you please confirm which Kalyani motors has Grand Vitara up for display? My friend visited Banaswadi one 2 days back and they didn't have it.
Old 13th September 2022, 18:10   #624
BHPian

I would have picked the Kia Seltos long back even before any spy shots of Grand Vitara was out, if only Seltos scored atleast a 4 star in the GNCAP crash tests.

Even now, Seltos looks better to me compared to the Grand Vitara and Hyryder. Also, the alloys of the Hyryder looks better compared to the Grand Vitara.

Seltos Facelift will sharpen up things soon.
Effectiveness of Single LED Projector headlamps with no fog lights for the Grand Vitara in foggy conditions is still questionable as of now.
Seltos top variants also don't have very good highway drive worthy illumination.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 13th September 2022 at 18:12.
dr_TJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 18:50   #625
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
In fact that should be opposite, The wide angle camera had made the Seltos looks distorted and could not show the majestically good proportion of the car. Seltos IMHO is the best looking mid size SUV and although newer, The Grand Vitara is not even close in this area.

Where as the Hybrid tech, MSIL's ASS & overall trust of customers (On MSIL) are key differentiator in favor of Vitara.
To me, the Wide angle distortion shows the bonnet/front fascia of the seltos 'wider than it actually is' thereby amplifying the SUV looks, hence seltos looks more appealing. Again looks are subjective.

The composition also matters, anything closer to camera will look more important/superior than anything far in the same frame. Auto Journos usually use this kind of composition to show the updated model against the old one, or the better car of the two. That is the bias I had mentioned.
tarmacnaut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 21:50   #626
BHPian

For me, the look and feel of the Grand Vitara are just pathetic- both for the exterior and interior. It was like multiple design elements put together without any single design philosophy. The rear horizontal lamp line had a good potential. But it was marred by uneven gaps.

The interiors look so cheap. A thin gamcha like fabric has been provided as sunroof cover! The plastic quality looks typical Maruti. See how nice the Kushaq steering looks, or how is the Taigun dashboard- clean and elegant. And the support box of ICE screen looks like an afterthought.

Functionally, Seltos has a problem. The approach angle is not good. I see all Seltos in my society scraps the front airdam at the entrance ramp. None of the Maruti Suzuki cars have that problem.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 22:35   #627

Off-roading capabilities of Grand Vitara
Pran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 00:40   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pran View Post
Off-roading capabilities of Grand Vitara
https://Youtu.be/GeQpg8REgXM
Now this has become a trend, every company is showing their car's capability on their tailor made tracks. Starting from Jeep Meridian to Tata Punch almost everyone is doing the same.

But in real life, the off-road obstacles can be far more worse. Nothing much about the car can be made out from these track drives, except how the BTC works or at most the approach angle & the departure angle. Honestly the obstacles shown in the Grand Vitara video are pretty lame.

When the car is compared with other AWD crossovers from a similar segment on steep inclines or rocks or in slush or sand, then the actual capability of the car comes out.

Will wait to see the Grand Vitara AWD or the Hyryder AWD to be atleast tested on such inclines (the below video) and compare it with other AWD crossovers like the Duster/Compass/Yeti.

Last edited by Samba : 14th September 2022 at 00:51.
Samba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 01:30   #629
BHPian

Here comes the fun (screenshots from a NEXA promotional video on Instagram):

Link:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CicCz..._web_copy_link

Now it really looks good, I am happy
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot_202209140120102.png  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot_202209140120132.png  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot_202209140120333.png  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot_202209140120352.png  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot_202209140120382.png  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot_202209140120392.png  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot_202209140120332.png  

Last edited by RijuC : 14th September 2022 at 01:46.
RijuC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 10:26   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Now this has become a trend, every company is showing their car's capability on their tailor made tracks. Starting from Jeep Meridian to Tata Punch almost everyone is doing the same.

But in real life, the off-road obstacles can be far more worse. Nothing much about the car can be made out from these track drives, except how the BTC works or at most the approach angle & the departure angle. Honestly the obstacles shown in the Grand Vitara video are pretty lame.

When the car is compared with other AWD crossovers from a similar segment on steep inclines or rocks or in slush or sand, then the actual capability of the car comes out.

Will wait to see the Grand Vitara AWD or the Hyryder AWD to be atleast tested on such inclines (the below video) and compare it with other AWD crossovers like the Duster/Compass/Yeti.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=WHD_uPARmA4
I agree 100% with your assessment. I echoed your sentiments earlier in this thread too. The track is just too simple and made for the GV. It does not reflect the actual trails that one encounters off-road.

To repeat myself, what they are showing (Except the Axle Twister section) can easily be done by any other 4x2 car with a reasonably skilled driver.

The GV's AWD would only be useful on slippery surfaces as far as I can imagine and in no way can you take this off-road on an even mildly rocky terrain. The front and rear overhand will make sure that you leave your pretty bumpers on the trail
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks