Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:08   #136
BANNED

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Glad that you've gotten your car back. It is frustrating itself to be without your car in the first place, can't imagine what you had to go through on a brand new one that too twice within a week of delivery.

Hope it's completely all right now and wishing you a wonderful ownership experience ahead!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd July 2022 at 12:57. Reason: Edited
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:57   #137
BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Good to know that the issues seem to be resolved now!
I myself faced quite a lot of niggles on a brand new Compass, and have had my share of SVC visits. Have had my new car sit in the workshop for days on end, being returned with damaged upholstery, a lot of used up fuel, and more issues than what I left it with.
In the end, it left a bitter taste, and I parted ways with the Compass after 1.5 years. Just didn't feel it was worth keeping.
Specially after paying 30+lakhs, issues like rattles, noises, or features not working just aren't acceptable.
I've sworn to never purchase a Jeep again.

Last edited by veyron999 : 23rd July 2022 at 10:58.
veyron999 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:16   #138
BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery |Update: Now back Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
  • I took the vehicle and directly went to Siddhivinayak temple at Dadar (something I had followed for all previous cars but was yet to do for the Jeep).
Vehicle came back home and safely into the garage.
I think I have identified the reason why you were facing issues with your Jeep.
You should have flawless ownership experience from now on
vellatechie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:59   #139
BHPian

I think they have done a fair bit of damage control by means of the 3 year service pack. It doesn’t fix the agony of the customer. But I guess it gives a strong sense of safety if something goes wrong again.

You visit a MSIL service Center- you get to see the escalation path painted in the waiting hall- complete with numbers and mail Id. Contrary to Jeep - where at best you talk to a cal Center operator who directs you back to the dealer. Something so easy to fix.

So my two cents of advice to Jeep.(I am an owner too)

1. Tighten your QC process. Not just the critical components- but your “world famous” rattling noise as well. I can send someone from Bangalore to build a one KM road where you can test any vehicle for rattling noises.
2. Come up with a proper escalation mechanism. Most of your problem are due to the fact that the owners have no one to complain to when the dealerships aren’t of any help.
sheelapratosh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:14   #140
BHPian

Best news to receive in the morning.
Put the past behind and have trouble free drive going forward.
Good luck.
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 14:32   #141
BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery |Update: Now back Home

Quote:
[*] Vehicle was delivered and at my request Mopar 3 years service pack, free of charge was provided by Landmark.
Glad to see the issue is resolved.

It's sad to see that despite the entire ordeal caused due to poor QC at their end, Jeep did not offer any service packs or extended warranty on their own. After the oil leak fix, the owner had to negotiate an extended warranty. And after the entire saga, again, owner had to request for the Mopar service pack. While both were granted, shouldn't the company have proactively offered them to alleviate the painful ordeal they put the owner through?

The point some of the members seem to have missed and trying to justify lapses in QC is that the response of the OEM and the entire support system - right from RSA (or lack thereof) *after* the breakdown. Their nonchalant attitude is what makes everything so much worse. And of course, not giving it a complete check-up after the first break down.

I was hoping to see some offers made to compensate for the ordeal but even those had to be negotiated and requested by the aggrieved party.
FloatingCanvas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 17:53   #142
BHPian

Great news Vinit. Hope you have a trouble free experience going forward.
knightfurry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 20:09   #143
BHPian

Vinit, fantastic! Wish you great times ahead.

A few days back I took the liberty to write this email to Christian Meunier, CEO Jeep -Stellantis. Not sure if that helped, but hope this would work in terms of getting better visibility from customer perspective. I believe, more from my personal experience as I stated earlier in an earlier post in this thread, the global operations head for a given brand, if connected with by any means, may help somewhere at times. Included few of the thread links including Vinit's.

---Email content starts---
Dear Mr. Meunier,

This is to bring to your kind attention, being an owner of a Jeep Compass (Sport Petrol DCT) the multiple instances of service related disappointments for Jeep vehicles sold across the country.

Note that while my vehicle is doing well, and the minor misses as of now are very competently handled by the authorised service centre in my city, this mail is on behalf of other Jeep owners as part of an esteemed car enthusiasts’ forum in India (Team-BHP; team-bhp.com) who have faced issues to the extreme owing to the state of services received.
Before I state such examples, please note:

1. The positioning of Jeep vehicles in India, as probably in any other market, is to have a vehicle that is robustly built, "go anywhere” (hence, a typical enthusiasts’ drive), and have a premium experience throughout with very high safety and comfort standards (product aspect). Jeep Compass, in particular, has filled up a void in this respect, and your (and your company’s) effort has been commendable in establishing the same through the five years of operations in the country. However, every vehicle potentially develops weaknesses (and a new one may come with a niggle or two), which needs to be backed up with very high standards of services post purchase (service aspect).

2. Post exit of US based automobile companies such as Ford and Chevrolet, having robust after-sales services network and performance this has become all the more important for ensuring confidence in customers (and potential customers) on sustenance of business, and sustenance of the market position. Any apathetic customer support/ service would be detrimental to the success of efforts.

While I follow and contribute to a number of forums in automobile space, please note that Team-BHP members exercise a significant feedback-led influence on car purchases - especially in the premium segments - not only within members, but all car enthusiasts across the country. Following are some of the examples (only service related rather than manufacturing related, restricting to a few only):

a. https://www.team-bhp.com/news/facing...w-jeep-compass
b. https://www.team-bhp.com/news/cursin...downs-1st-week
c. https://www.team-bhp.com/news/advice...w-jeep-compass
d. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...s-1-5-yrs.html (Jeep Compass Clutch failure at 15,000 Kms/1.5 yrs)
e. https://www.team-bhp.com/news/jeep-c...brakes-damaged

Would highly appreciate if Jeep’s after-sales technical support and services can be made excellent and “First Time Right” in terms of empathy of service personnel and competent and timely service that will go a long way to make Jeep the true ‘go anywhere being premium’ badge in India.
Wishing all the success and a great sustained future ahead.

Regards,
---Email content ends---
car-go is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 23:33   #144
BHPian

Great to hear that your car is back with you. I am having second thought’s recommending the Compass to my aunt who is in search of a powerful diesel automatic SUV. It drives well, no doubt, but breakdowns like this will sure make her break a mirror. I drove the ScorpioN L Z8 diesel manual today and am blown away by its transformation compared to the last facelift. Body roll? Lumpyness? Motion sickness? What’s that? Where’s the engine clatter? I have seriously recommended this car to her. The engine is another story altogether. Smooth and powerful and minimum turbo lag. No movement on expansion joints or road undulations.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th July 2022 at 10:21. Reason: Scorpio N does not have a N Line model. Thanks.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 07:56   #145
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Thanks for the support & understanding

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2022 at 14:28.
viky_s is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 24th July 2022, 10:19   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Very glad the Compass is back home. Hope she's reliable now because the Compass Diesel is so much fun to drive!

Jeep India is closely watching this thread. Truth is, they want your Compass to now be reliable more than you do!! A 3rd breakdown will be heart-wrenching for them more than you. This thread is now at 100,000 views. Am sure they've given your Compass a complete & comprehensive check.

Go lift your mood with a breakfast drive to Lonavla this weekend (Buvachi Misal) or lunch (Sunny's Dhaba). You'll come back grinning . Keep the Waze app open for the speeding cameras.
This is music to the ears and a principal reason why the T-BHP membership curve keeps rising exponentially - the industry keeps its ears close to the ground around this forum.
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:30   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Very glad the Compass is back home. Hope she's reliable now because the Compass Diesel is so much fun to drive!

Jeep India is closely watching this thread. Truth is, they want your Compass to now be reliable more than you do!! A 3rd breakdown will be heart-wrenching for them more than you. This thread is now at 100,000 views. Am sure they've given your Compass a complete & comprehensive check.

Go lift your mood with a breakfast drive to Lonavla this weekend (Buvachi Misal) or lunch (Sunny's Dhaba). You'll come back grinning . Keep the Waze app open for the speeding cameras.
Thank you for your kind words!

I did take your advice and went for a drive to Pune, like every weekend. The car did bring a big smile. The slight hesitation was there, especially at the points where the vehicle started giving trouble and then from where she was towed away (just before the JNPT exit).

I slowed down and assured myself and the car - this is never going to happen again. Will probably slow down every weekend at the spot and say a small prayer and again give a huge thanks to tremendous support in this community.

Live to Drive is a motto for many of us and nothing should dampen the spirit.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th July 2022 at 10:48. Reason: Minor spacing and paragraphing edits.
vinitbhavi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 11:02   #148
BHPian

Quote:
The slight hesitation was there, especially at the points where the vehicle started giving trouble and then from where she was towed away (just before the JNPT exit).

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Its great to hear that Jeep ASC is on top of things and being co-operative and supportive. Lovely to see that the smile is back as well.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 11:08   #149
BHPian

Update:

Received a call from the GM Service at JEEP enquiring on the condition of the vehicle and if I'm satisfied with the performance of the vehicle.

I appreciate follow up from their end, to ensure all going well.

I still await the root cause analysis on second fault where wiring failed and status of any action taken for the abysmal reply from RSA during the first incident, leaving us stranded on the Expressway.

Meanwhile, sharing some pics here from the last weekend trip.

Soft roading tried out. Extremely capable this one.

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-img_9414.jpg