Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2022, 21:03   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Well am I glad to see these posts! You'll remember, I was one of the very few folks who suggested keeping faith & patience & had a feeling that it was a minor issue that will get fixed for long term (on our chats elsewhere). All it takes to fix a machine is grit, patience & will to fix it. Good to see FCA had the will. IMO what ruined it for you was the response about RSA and general initial customer service attitude. I feel the technical fixes were done pretty professionally by the folks involved.

I hope you turn the page & keep the car for a long while & are able to enjoy it to the fullest with your family. Cheers!
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 16:08   #152
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass zooms to 3k

Dear all,

Would love to update on the status of the Compass, Now named Victoria.

1 and a half months on, she has zoomed to almost 3000 on the ODO.

These include daily office commute of 40 kms and the weekend drives to Pune.

The experience post the double whammy has been blissful and the faith is surely but surely coming back.

I have kept in touch closely with those who have helped me the most.

Sharing a few pics of the recently conducted Independence day Jeep trail at Karjat.

Would love your suggestions, if I should convert this now to an ownership thread.
Attached Thumbnails
My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-14c53b7457784e19aae0148a63425800.jpg  

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-photo1660963182-1.jpeg  

vinitbhavi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 16:48   #153
BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

I read in the previous comments that the higher ups from jeep were contacted for resolving this issue, can someone share their contact information please?

KHT prime gave the incorrect purchase dates in the system and as a result my warranty, extended warranty and service due dates are all messed up and showing 2.5 months ahead of the actual due dates.

I am getting no support whatsoever from jeep customer care and KHT is even more horrible they keep making false promises again and again. Its been more than 45 days since I logged a complaint and still I'm getting nowhere. At this point its getting frustrating and I'm feeling why did I even spend so much to buy this car and go through all this to get simple issues fixed.
Old 26th September 2022, 15:21   #154

Re:

Vineet, really sad to read about your ordeal. Good to hear the final comment that you like to look at positivity. All the very best, enjoy your adventure.

I have a different, but a rather shocking response from Stellantis on the paint finish in my Compass bought on 25.6.22. Will write the case details & about their response.

Buyers of Stellantis vehicles should be extremely careful.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th September 2022 at 16:27. Reason: Removing quoted post. Please quote only relevant sections of a post. Thanks!
Goofy, my pet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 20:37   #155
BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy, my pet View Post
Buyers of Stellantis vehicles should be extremely careful.
Please do share the details. I got a car with very shoddy paint work like the car was painted in a local workshop, paint applied over unclean surfaces with debris and dust particles. The sky moto sales team confidently said 'do what you want, nothing is going to happen' when i escalated the matter to FCA.

Recently i took test drives of the VW taigun and Mahindra Thar & Scorpio - N top model and was shocked to see that similar flawed paintwork was done on all these cars even more so in the VW. No wonder the Jeep SA was so confident that FCA won't help since rival car makers are now doing the same.

Mahindra SA's reply was.... sir this kind of bubbled paint is normal due to Indian weather conditions.
VW SA said..... sir this is the quality of paint you'll get for this price segment and that this is 'normal'
argchoff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 13:19   #156

Re: Friend, is there way this can first be discussed privately?

Pls download Consumers Protection Act of 2019 that gives you solution for any defective product. It is a small PDF document. If you have a good advocate friend, talk to him. Pls prepare good documentation work through emails. All your exchanges with the dealer & manufacturer should be documented. No one can dump a bad product on you. One needs to have patience & perseverance. If it comes to legal battle, case needs to be filed within 2 years from the date of purchase but with proper pursuit, one should be able to get resolution before that. Alternately if 2-3-4 friends in similar boat can join together, a combined suit can be filed against a single manufacturer.

If you can reach me through administrator, we can have a quick chat. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Please do share the details. I got a car with very shoddy paint work like the car was painted in a local workshop, paint applied over unclean surfaces with debris and dust particles. The sky moto sales team confidently said 'do what you want, nothing is going to happen' when i escalated the matter to FCA.

Recently i took test drives of the VW taigun and Mahindra Thar & Scorpio - N top model and was shocked to see that similar flawed paintwork was done on all these cars even more so in the VW. No wonder the Jeep SA was so confident that FCA won't help since rival car makers are now doing the same.

Mahindra SA's reply was.... sir this kind of bubbled paint is normal due to Indian weather conditions.
VW SA said..... sir this is the quality of paint you'll get for this price segment and that this is 'normal'
Old 4th October 2022, 12:20   #157
BHPian

Re:

Quote:

I'm shocked but not surprised by your comments and experience.
It has become a sellers market completely. Demand for both new and used cars alike have gone through the roof.
A majority will not notice the difference or bother to go so much into details. Hence the QC has gone abysmally low.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 12:42   #158

Friend, I am not sure whether contact details which are not available in public domain can be shared here.

Suggest, keep record of all your communications date wise. Ask KHT to connect you to Area Manager, After Sales, insist to get his email id & contact number. Yours is not a major issue.

It will be little difficult, but you can manage it. Check the Stellantis Board members details. From there you can guess their email ids. That is if the Area Manager doesn't help you.

If you are in Jeep Club, Bengaluru, you can contact me. I should be able to help you. All the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki9009 View Post
I read in the previous comments that the higher ups from jeep were contacted for resolving this issue, can someone share their contact information please?

KHT prime gave the incorrect purchase dates in the system and as a result my warranty, extended warranty and service due dates are all messed up and showing 2.5 months ahead of the actual due dates.

I am getting no support whatsoever from jeep customer care and KHT is even more horrible they keep making false promises again and again. Its been more than 45 days since I logged a complaint and still I'm getting nowhere. At this point its getting frustrating and I'm feeling why did I even spend so much to buy this car and go through all this to get simple issues fixed.
Goofy, my pet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 11:22   #159
BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Alternator Strikes

Dear all,

With this thread I would like to update all JEEP owners and potential buyers on the on going JEEP Issues.
This is another instance of one of the Flaws to highlight.
Last week, on Friday 06-01-23, I got an alarm on the Info system which read as below.

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-img_2033.jpg

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-img_2035.jpg

Since I have extremely observant for any sort of alarm / issue , I kept following up on same.
The voltage was around 11.2 at the time .
After observing the same though 'Jeep Life' app noted the voltage remained steady thought-out the night.

Next day ( Saturday) took the Jeep to Landmark Andheri Workshop, and left the car there.
Another weekend gone with the Jeep at the workshop.
Sunday of course no one going to do anything.

On Monday I got an update form SA that there was Play in the alternator pulley which was causing the battery not getting charged.

Name:  c39d963c90be4dc2a3da17052361a996.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  f7d03e21af2c438b922a9b03fb0e7a9f.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  34.9 KB

Yes in a 6 month old car

The part was replaced under warranty and I received the car in the evening.

Please note this is a very common / known issue in the Jeep Compass, where either the battery or the alternator have a history of being unreliable!

Make sure to keep a check on the battery voltage and alarm system.

I had enough power remaining in the battery to take it to the workshop the next day.

Else it would have been a third Flatbed for sure.

Note: They did not agree to replace entire alternator or battery, in spite of highlighting the history.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th January 2023 at 12:19. Reason: JC = Jeep Compass, please type in full, no abbreviations when referring to car make / model. Thanks.
vinitbhavi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 11:27   #160
Team-BHP Support

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Alternator Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Please note this is a very common / known issue in the JC, where either the battery or the alternator have a history of being unreliable!
Here's another instance of the alternator pulley on the Compass being replaced - Breakdown experience of my Jeep Compass

Looks like this may warrant a dedicated thread so owners are aware of this issue.
Gannu_1 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 23:39   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With this thread I would like to update all JEEP owners and potential buyers on the on going JEEP Issues.
This is another instance of one of the Flaws to highlight.
This is quite crazy. Saving grace, you weren’t stranded with your family like last time. I think, you should take a call now if you want to continue with the brand. Take some hit and go for the big T for total peace of mind.

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th January 2023 at 03:15. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Please quote only relevant portion, Thanks.
Desmosedici is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 11:50   #162
BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass road trip outside Bombay Pune

Slowly and steadily the confidence is growing with the JEEP

After a lot of apprehension, finally did the first non Mumbai Pune run of the Jeep as she is slowly but steadily headed towards the 9k mark in 6 months.

The trip was a 50 kms run between Mandwa -Kashid -Mandwa .

Absolutely loved the handling of the car.

Handled bad roads amazingly well.

This has to be the strongest points of the JEEP in addition to the interior feel and quality.

Let the pictures do the talking !

Name:  IMG_2204.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  142.2 KB

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-img_2203.jpg

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-img_2158.jpg

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-whatsapp-image-20230115-20.16.50.jpeg
vinitbhavi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 20:28   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your experience. These pictures has some clues:

1. Image 1 has white round patch around the pulley (near bearing), indicated it has been rubbing against something. This friction could be generating some heat and the burning marks are evident in the ball bearing seal (a grey patch, which should be brown otherwise).

2. Image 2 shows heavy belt deposits in the pulley grooves, indicates that there could be some resonance condition either from crankshaft or alternator is over working for some reason.

what does the SA inform about this issue?

I have written in other related thread as well:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5430844 (Breakdown experience of my Jeep Compass)

and here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5441881 (Dealing with Electrical parasite drains)

Do you know what is the cost of replacement parts? Could be interesting to know if such issue repeats after warranty.
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 10:11   #164
BHPian

Hi Niki9009, I had a similar trouble with KHT !! What's wrong with them.

I hope your issue has been sorted now and you've got a satisfactory resolution. In case not or you want to check notes on how to go about please DM me. Can share my experience and help you avoid some of the heartache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki9009 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-go View Post
Vinit, fantastic! Wish you great times ahead.

A few days back I took the liberty to write this email to Christian Meunier, CEO Jeep -Stellantis. Not sure if that helped, but hope this would work in terms of getting better visibility from customer perspective. I believe, more from my personal experience as I stated earlier in an earlier post in this thread, the global operations head for a given brand, if connected with by any means, may help somewhere at times. Included few of the thread links including Vinit's.

---Email content starts---
Dear Mr. Meunier,

Regards,
---Email content ends---
That's a very well written email. Did you get any reply?

Whenever I have written to them on the problems I faced they never replied and kept forwarding it back to the dealer. In my case where the problem was the dealership itself, I didn't quite understand the rationale in sending me back to them

Last edited by SDP : 5th March 2023 at 17:05. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 12th March 2023, 09:38   #165
BHPian

Re:

Quote:

My new compass too had some paint issues on the bonnet and I let it slide for peace of mind and memorable delivery experience. 8 months and 15,000 kms latter I don’t even remember the spot where the issue was. It has been an absolute bliss owning this car. My point is if you really like a car then one off issue should be overlooked for overall peace of mind. Attaching a pic from my Mysore trip.
Attached Thumbnails
My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-8933a07614464b179495c48420e353d2.jpeg  

Last edited by knightfurry : 12th March 2023 at 09:42.
knightfurry is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks