Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2022, 22:27   #1
BHPian

Hyundai silently launches an extended warranty for the 6th & 7th year (petrol models)

Hyundai India has silently launched an extended warranty (purchasable separately) for the 6th and 7th year solely for the petrol versions of all their cars up to the Alcazar on the 25th of May 2022.

Here is the link to the terms and conditions for the extended warranties :-
https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...hensive_tc.pdf

Also, here is the link to the prices (without GST) for the extended warranties upto the 5th year :-
https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...4th_5th_EW.pdf

And here is the link to the prices (without GST) for the extended warranties for the 6th and 7th year :-
https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...6th_7th_EW.pdf
Chhanda Das is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 22:44   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Is this worth it for 6th and 7th year if one plans to use it for that duration? I have a 2020 Creta IVT and i am seriously considering this extended warranty
kalpeshc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 11:31   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai silently launches an extended warranty for the 6th & 7th year (petrol models)

Thanks for sharing, Chhanda Das! Moving your post out to a new thread so as to inform others. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to our news section too .

7th year is important because, as the car ages, the probability of part failure increases. Hyundai-Kia have also been struggling with niggles & issues lately, so this is a must-have.

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 11:34   #4
BHPian

Re: Hyundai silently launches an extended warranty for the 6th & 7th year (petrol models)

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2022 at 09:11.
theAutomaniac is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th July 2022, 13:05   #5
GBX
BHPian

Finally i20 N-line gets an EW.

The lack of EW on a performance hatch gave me JTP flashbacks, but that's finally been righted.
GBX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 13:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

The list of parts not covered literally has every part you're expecting to have issues with in an extended warranty. Why would I pay 25k plus gst for 6th and 7th year warranty when there's almost nothing being covered by it?

Infact they should have made a list of parts that are actually covered.
Nithesh_M is online now   (24) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 14:13   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Is this worth it for 6th and 7th year if one plans to use it for that duration? I have a 2020 Creta IVT and i am seriously considering this extended warranty
Very much; and this applies for any manufacturer for any extended warranty period/year. Given the number of cases we are hearing about additional costs incurred by owners post their warranty periods across different manufacturers, it makes logical sense to go for it always. Case in point - a friend's Creta had a Turbo failure in it's second year. She pushed hard and got two additional years of extended warranty. Peace of mind, if you ask me.

In fact, I recently got the extended warranty (5th year) for my Interceptor bike just because Royal Enfield is offering it. For cars, it's a no-brainer.

Edit: Just looked into the T&C of this. That's a long list of exclusion and conditions - some are logical (e.g. wear & tear, servicing outside Hyundai network), but given the track record of Hyundai, I'm suggest everyone take an individual decision.

Quote:
This warranty shall not apply to:
• Normal maintenance services including without limitation, cleaning & polishing, injector cleaning, engine decarburizing, engine tuning, oil/fluid changes, filters replenishment, fastener retightening, adjustments of doors, brake and clutch, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, Tire rotation, head lamp alignment.
• Replacement of parts as a result of normal wear and tear, such as spark plugs, belts, brake pads and brake shoes, brake discs, clutch disc/pressure plate, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses, brushes, hoses, Tire / tube, battery, audio system, audio video navigation (AVN), catalytic converter, silencer / exhaust pipe.
• Tie Rod ends, Steering Ball Joints, Rear Shockers, Front Struts, Tail Door lifters, Front & Rear Wheel Bearings/wheel hubs are not covered beyond 60,000 Kms of operation.
• Rubber parts like Wheel Cylinder kit, all doors weather-strips/beadings & A/C "O" rings, Clutch cable, Accelerator cable, Speedometer cable & Tail Door Opener cable.

or Damage/failure arising due to:
• Use of improper, adulterated or insufficient fuel, fluids or lubricants.
• Use of parts other than Hyundai Genuine Parts.
• Any device and/or accessories not supplied or not approved by HMIL
• Modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repair.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 18th July 2022 at 14:28.
ninjatalli is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 15:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Edit: Just looked into the T&C of this. That's a long list of exclusion and conditions - some are logical (e.g. wear & tear, servicing outside Hyundai network), but given the track record of Hyundai, I'm suggest everyone take an individual decision.
That is a long list of exclusions because most of the consumable (wear and tear) parts are covered under the Shield of Trust (SOT) which is purchasable separately and hence they are not covered under the extended warranty.

Thankfully, my 2017 first-generation petrol 1.6 Creta AT has not faced a single issue to date and has been working flawlessly, touchwood
Chhanda Das is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 19:14   #9
BHPian

Wow. In simple, it was easier for them to not give any extended warranty as all the parts that are supposed to or prown to fail are anyway not covered.

I wonder how this works for the DCT’s and AT’s. It says clutch disc/pressure plate etc., but I assume its for the manual transmission. There is nothing regarding DCT. I am taking the 6th and 7th year if they can confirm if the actuator and other parts of the dual clutch transmission is covered in this program.

And I do not have their shield of trust, because they launched it an year after I purchased the car, and old owners could not purchase it anyway. Again, the SOT did not mention anything explicitly about automatics too if I am not wrong.

When half of the cars sold are AT’s now, the least they could have done is to add a sentence ‘DCT, TC, IVT and AMT mechanics are covered’ and they could have had cash flowing in!

Last edited by Xaos636 : 18th July 2022 at 19:18.
Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 20:15   #10
BHPian

Turbo petrol and DCT owners of Hyundai, Go ahead and take this extended warranty without second thought (given you are going to keep for 10+ years ).

It is rare for a mass market car manufacturer to offer 7 years warranty.

This is like an additional insurance, peace of mind till 7th year end.

Last edited by tiagoatrix : 18th July 2022 at 20:16.
tiagoatrix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 20:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
I wonder how this works for the DCT’s and AT’s. It says clutch disc/pressure plate etc., but I assume its for the manual transmission. There is nothing regarding DCT. I am taking the 6th and 7th year if they can confirm if the actuator and other parts of the dual clutch transmission is covered in this program.

When half of the cars sold are AT’s now, the least they could have done is to add a sentence ‘DCT, TC, IVT and AMT mechanics are covered’ and they could have had cash flowing in!
Hyundai specifically used the word "automatic" and its abbreviation AT in the PDF documents in the aforementioned 3 links. Those are universally understood to include all their mentioned cars with the torque converters (TC), automated manual transmissions (AMT), intelligent variable transmissions (iVT) and dual-clutch transmissions unless mentioned otherwise. And Hyundai does not offer manual dual clutch transmissions in its cars in India. I am assuming that your confusion stems from the fact that the abbreviation AT is also used to specifically denote the torque converter automatic transmission in some cases.

Similarly, the word "manual" indicates all their mentioned cars with the manual transmissions (MT) and their intelligent manual transmission (iMT) variants.

DCTs have clutch discs or pressure plates too as the very name of a dual clutch transmission suggests. In essence, DCTs are somewhat like AMTs today but that is a topic for another day

Every part of the DCT including the (in)famous actuator is covered under Hyundai's extended warranty except the clutch disc / pressure plate as they clearly mentioned.

For buying the extended warranty I would suggest you wait until the Hyundai Car Care Campaign that Hyundai conducts twice every year (once each at the beginning of summer and winter) for some discounts but please do it before the previous warranty ends due to obvious reasons
Chhanda Das is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 21:53   #12
BHPian

I think this is a good move from Hyundai. They seem to be trying to play the reliability card against Tata's marketing campaigns focused on safety.
Given an option, I would choose extended warranty any day. Exclusions called out seem to be mostly for items that undergo wear and tear.
Old 18th July 2022, 22:01   #13
BHPian

This list of "exceptions" covers 99% of all things which eventually need to be replaced by 6th year. To me this looks like a disingenuous marketing gimmick.
ksakotai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 22:10   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhanda Das View Post
Hyundai specifically used the word "automatic" and its abbreviation AT in the PDF documents in the aforementioned 3 links.
Noted. I completely missed the A/T column altogether.
Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 16:31   #15
BHPian

It is sad that the warranty does not apply for diesel vehicles. I was keen to purchase the 6th and 7th year for my i20 diesel. Looks like Hyundai isn't confident with their Diesel engines?
samuelv is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks