Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 14:52   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti-Suzuki's YTB crossover spied

Maruti is on an onslaught mode with SUV's and Crossovers!

Maruti YTB SUV (Sub-4M) spied for the first time.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  103.1 KB

Likely to be based on Toyota Yaris Cross, and further fueling that a Toyota version could also be under development or it could be completely based on Toyota Yaris Cross, which sits on the TNGA platform.

Likely to get a strong Hybrid variant along with its conventional smart Hybrid options.

To go on sale in 2023.

Maruti-Suzuki's YTB crossover spied-marutiytbtoyotayariscross1068x601.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki's YTB crossover spied-marutiytbtoyotayariscross41068x601.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki's YTB crossover spied-marutiytbtoyotayariscross21280x720.jpg

Quote:
The heavily camouflaged test mule’s rear end has been caught on camera as the sculpted bootlid, shark fin antenna, integrated spoiler, windshield wiper and a prominent bumper can be seen.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 15:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti-Suzuki's YTB crossover spied

And we all thought the giant is sleeping! Not to forget, the existing cars are also getting constant upgrades! All manufacturers go through this phase, launch slew of models, go silent for couple of years, re-start with updates and then come all gun blazing. Tata all of a sudden seem to have gone silent and Mahindra after a dry period now is enjoying success and buzz with hot launches.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 15:28   #3
BHPian

Based on the superimposed image, i can say the spied vehicle is NOT the YTB, but it is the Yaris Cross. The YTB was rumoured to be based on the Baleno, not Yaris Cross, and the Yaris Cross is not a sub-4-metre car. Previous pics of the Yaris Cross in India: 1 2

Toyota has imported several Yaris Crosses to the country to test the hybrid system, and this image shown that testing likely does not stop even after the Hyryder was released.

I don't know why GaadiWaadi prefers to say this is the YTB even after comparing it and superimposing the Yaris Cross image and finding it almost a 100% match.

Last edited by Astargea : 19th July 2022 at 15:33.
Astargea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 16:50   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

So Toyota is using a Suzuki vehicle for its 4.3m model, but using a TNGA based international model for their sub 4m model?
Just assumption from Gaadiwaadi.

I don't think the Yaris Cross is sub 4m.
Old 19th July 2022, 17:58   #5
BHPian

Hey YTB?
Wasn't this supposed to be the Baleno Cross? Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Suzuki calls it "Baleno Cross" as I wouldn't even expect Toyota itself to retain the Yaris moniker 'coz it now belongs to a failed brand. In contrast, the Baleno name is now a highly bankable brand in itself.

So YTB is going to be the new Baleno / Glanza Cross ?!
Old 20th July 2022, 23:51   #6

Re: Maruti-Suzuki's YTB crossover spied

Or the codename "YTB" could mean Yaris to Baleno, signifying all the mods that would be made by Maruti :P
Old 21st July 2022, 06:52   #7
BHPian

The Baleno Cross is unlikely to retain Baleno moniker. However, it will not have a Toyota platform for sure. I think it will continue with the Baleno platform.
Old 21st July 2022, 06:57   #8
BANNED

If Maruti-Suzuki's YTB crossover is priced right, it is sure to sell in huge numbers.
Old 22nd July 2022, 09:32   #9
BHPian

Spotted this in traffic today and spent a good 20 mins sitting behind it.
Few observations from my side:
- This has the road presence and how! The size is bigger than the Brezza and only slightly smaller than the Creta (there was one next to it but i was unable to click as we were in moving traffic at that time). That rear looks good in person.
- The ground clearance looks good. Definitely more than the Creta that was next to it.
- Was probably the strong hybrid because this was fast off the blocks (this is of course purely speculative from my end but not even once i could beat it off the blocks). Once the traffic cleared up, this was gone!
- There is a lane assist camera on the left OVRM and nothing on the right side (so maybe a mid variant without the 360). However, it was taped up.
- The IRVM was manual.
- From my low seating in the Octavia all i could see was the large(ish) screen popping out the middle of the dashboard.

Maruti-Suzuki's YTB crossover spied-img3679.jpg
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks