Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2022, 07:37   #451
BHPian

Re: Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India

While I empathize with you, it's better you get this checked up from the authorised dealer. Even if you don't get it repaired from them, a correct diagnosis will bring about some clarity on the condition of vehicle. Also, just wondering how will you ride her in NCR with ban on 10/15 yr old cars?
Parambir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 07:49   #452
BHPian

Could be the speed sensor that needs to be replaced. Get it diagnosed I’m sure there are fault codes that will point you in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashast_Goyal View Post
Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum and as exciting as it may, it's gonna be a tragic one. So my brother & I recently bought a pre-owned Mercedes benz c200 kompressor (W204, 2010), 36,000km on the odo. The seller was asking for 10 lacs but we managed to get it low enough to make it a sweet deal, pretty exciting huh!

Just when we were riding high on owning a merc, we got into trouble. So my dad was driving the car, it was raining pretty good that week here in the NCR, and he took it on a water logged road. Many other cars were also smoothly wading through as what my dad describes a puddle, the merc stopped. My dad left the car there, to be towed into local garage in gurgaon and jump forward a few weeks the garage handed us a bill of 2 lacs for engine overhaul. One of the piston shaft had broken and the oil pump needed to be replaced. This was really disheartening 😔.

Now the car is back, engine sounds and runs fine but there's a few fault warnings popping up on the car's screen. It shows "ESP indicator inoperative" & "Run flat indicator inoperative" and also there's the warning triangle light on. I brought it up with the local garage guy and he told me to drive the car for around 1500km and not worry as this has nothing to do with the engine. After that he plans an oil & filter change. But i now have trouble believing that a thing such as an ESP error warning is nothing to worry about. It would really help me if anyone here can help who might know or have faced a similar issue with their car.

Ps: all our cars have been facing issues recently, one after the other. Either they get in an accident or they break down unexpectedly despite timely services from authorised service centers(dealers). Merc, being our first pre-owned car, was repaired at a third party garage , also the dealers probably would have charged a hell lot more than what the local garage billed us for. Please pray for my bad omen to melt away! 🙏
Macfreak7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 16:35   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parambir View Post
While I empathize with you, it's better you get this checked up from the authorised dealer. Even if you don't get it repaired from them, a correct diagnosis will bring about some clarity on the condition of vehicle. Also, just wondering how will you ride her in NCR with ban on 10/15 yr old cars?
Thanks Parambir for the suggestion, will definitely follow up on that. Do you have any trusted contacts in Delhi-Gurgaon with whom I'll be able to get in touch?
About that ncr query, it's still got 2 years of life left. Post that I'm hoping to get an extension on the rc.
Old 29th August 2022, 07:22   #454
BHPian

Hi
I am not aware of any authorized service centre in Delhi. I had an E250 which suddenly had engine knocking problem and would not pick up. Too much vibration and check engine light came up. I had my own OBD reader which i picked up from Amazon. Check this out https://amzn.eu/d/gRbByNu
This helped me know that cylinder 4 has a sensor issue. Atleast i was armed with knowledge. Then i went to bosch guys in mahipalpur who tried to cheat me by saying that injector is faulty and requires replacement. Cost 40k. I wasn't convinced. I carefully checked at home and realised that the connector of injector was loose. I took it to a guy called Shamshad 9999409451. He ran the same scan and error was the same. He tightened the connector and reset the alarm. It was all done perfectly. You may try this guy?
I am not sure if this helps but I have a guy in phagwara near ludhiana. This guy is master of mercs. Has been repairing them for 50 yrs. If possible you can have it checked. You won't be disappointed. Regards
Parambir Singh
Parambir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 22:28   #455
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Not able to find what is the exact size. You can take a measuring tape and find out before ordering. That would be convenient rather than ordering the wrong sizes.
I used a tape to measure the same and both RH and LH are 22".

Each generation has a slightly different variant of wiper blades, so please make sure that it matches your generation. (w205 vs w204). The length and the connectors are not the same. I was not able to find a suitable BOSCH Aerotwin model for W205. The following one from Autoclean looks similar to OEM type, available in Amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/Autoclean-Merc...B294WJQD&psc=1

The following videos show how exactly the wipers are to be changed for W205

sgm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 20:33   #456
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
The following one from Autoclean looks similar to OEM type, available in Amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/Autoclean-Merc...B294WJQD&psc=1
Received the above mentioned product but the quality is not good, so returning the same.
Old 14th September 2022, 12:36   #457
Senior - BHPian

Push Start button in 2015 B-class W246

I own a 2015 B-class B200 CDI (W246.208). I would like to add push button start to my car as I understand it doesn't need any coding. I have procured the button but it is not working in my car. I have seen it working in GLAs of similar period. What should I do to get it working?

Name:  Screenshot 20220914 at 12.29.28 PM.png
Views: 687
Size:  303.7 KB
Old 21st October 2022, 08:53   #458
BHPian

Finally after a long while and a few thousand kms more , i'm in the market for new tubeless tyres for my C200 to replace the stock turanza RFTs that are in extremely bad shape after just 25000kms (the rear goes out at half throttle on mildly wet roads)

Going through the earlier posts I identified the Michelin P4ST and Continental ContiContactSport 5s as the viable options.

I have a few questions regarding the same, as i've never gotten a luxury car's tyres replaced before:

1. Should I contact the ASS for this service or look outside?
2. If outside, how to guarantee that i'm getting original tyres with no foul play?
3. Respectable places in delhi to get the best quality and deals
Old 21st October 2022, 15:37   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katil.garage View Post
Going through the earlier posts I identified the Michelin P4ST and Continental ContiContactSport 5s as the viable options.

I have a few questions regarding the same, as i've never gotten a luxury car's tyres replaced before:

1. Should I contact the ASS for this service or look outside?
2. If outside, how to guarantee that i'm getting original tyres with no foul play?
1. ASS will charge a premium, and will insist you continue with RFT. However the OEM RFT Turanzas compromise on ride, handling, and noise compared to premium Michelin / Conti tubeless tyres.
Alignment and Balancing is not an issue - but would be good to see if the dealer you are purchasing from has a branded alignment machine - like Hunter or equivalent. If you aren't comfortable, you can always have the tyres installed and drive down to the nearest Mercedes dealership for alignment and balancing.

2. If outside, I would go through the Team BHP Directory for recommendations on shops you could visit for the job, or look up authorized dealers for Michelin / Continental on their respective Indian websites.
Please check date of manufacturing of the tyres, warranty certificate, etc.

3. The ContiSportContact 5 which I am using on our C220D are a great set of tyres but not necessarily the quietest or the most comfortable. Similarly the Michelin PS4 (Pilot Sport 4) are the pick if you want a grippy set of tyres.
Michelin P4ST (Primacy 4 ST) / Continental UC6 would be better in the comfort department though (check speed rating of the tyres from the dealer when asking for date of manufacturing, etc. though given the 17" size this shouldn't be an issue).
I expect the Sporty tyres to last around 20K kms, and the all rounder P4ST / UC6 to last around 30K kms - this is generally the trend for luxury cars unless it's mainly highway driven.

4. Check the condition of the space saver, more so since you're moving to tubeless from run-flats.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 21:26   #460
Senior - BHPian

I own a 2015 W246 B class B200 CDI. It has a 7" Audio 20 NTG 5*1 unit in it. There are no obvious problems with the unit.

However when I went to the dealer yesterday for a general checkup, STAR diagnostics was done as a favour. It was completely normal except for a fault in the Audio unit and reverse camera. They were not forthcoming. These faults were not seen in the Thinkdiag OBD2 reader that my regular mechanic uses.

Is there anyway I can check the faults and rectify it? Or maybe update the software. In the engineering mode perhaps?
wildsdi5530 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 00:28   #461
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody used the OBD2 activator to activate CarPlay? The description says supported for B class 12.2015 +, Mine is 07.2015, but as far as I understand, the model is the same.

Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India-screenshot-20221023-12.26.07-am.png
Old 23rd October 2022, 07:07   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
3. The ContiSportContact 5 which I am using on our C220D are a great set of tyres but not necessarily the quietest or the most comfortable.
Thanks for the help, much appreciated! . I asked the ASS for a quote and they are quoting ~56000 tyres+alignment etc. and have only the ContiContactSport5s as the option.

Is the difference in ride quality significant when going from stock OEMs to these?
katil.garage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 09:57   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Still confused. Does the manual for your variant specify a mandatory 4Y/60K km interval for the ATF flush/change?
The service schedule does specify mandatory 4Y/60K ATF flush/change. After about 4-5 months of running I can look back and say it was a good decision and there has been a permanent improvement in the transmission's smoothness.

It's better to stick to the schedules meticulously designed by the manufacturer than trying to save a few bucks and regretting later on.
katil.garage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 03:55   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katil.garage View Post
Is the difference in ride quality significant when going from stock OEMs to these?
There is a definite improvement in ride with the Conti with the bumps being rounded off better.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 05:48   #465
BHPian

During most part of it’s life, the car used to sit without moving for 3-4 months stretches and used sparingly rest of the time, does this affect the tyres and the exceptionally bad ride quality i’m experiencing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks