Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 11:10   #196
BHPian

Surprisingly in a poll earlier in this website we have 45% of the people saying "it is not possible to produce a 1lakh rupee car"!
Old 11th January 2008, 11:47   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Surprisingly in a poll earlier in this website we have 45% of the people saying "it is not possible to produce a 1lakh rupee car"!
Forget the tbhp'ians poll, considering that the auto world was falling over itself in deriding this effort and questioning the feasibility/quality till the launch, suddenly every major news agency has people expressing concern over the crowding of Indian roads! Eh, what about their concerns on safety and pollution and flimsy quality and blah blah... )
Old 11th January 2008, 14:18   #198
BHPian

Actually it is really not possible to produce car for 1 lakh. But since he had made a promise thats is why he sticks on one lakh tag. But I am sure price will increase after some time (after 6 months or so after the launce)
Old 11th January 2008, 14:26   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayalam View Post
Going by Zappo says, people who are concerned about green house gases and ozone-depleting chemicals should not use cars and own refrigerators.
I agree with you here, after all most of the people talking against NANO have one premise in mind, if common junta can buy cars, then how can I drive peacefully on roads, if rickshaws change to four wheelers, then there would be more traffic.. blah, blah and some more blah. It reeks of selfishness, and the fact that all comfort be restricted to the few 'haves' Very sickening attitude this. I am celebrating the fact that common man now has a good alternative to a rickshaw/bus/bike, where he/she can safely travel without bothering about the elements. A big cheer to Tata for managing this.

I also laugh on the face of BAL, who makes Rs 1.25 lac 'autorickshaw' lets see how they compete with their pathetic 3 wheels now
Old 11th January 2008, 14:27   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Actually it is really not possible to produce car for 1 lakh. But since he had made a promise thats is why he sticks on one lakh tag. But I am sure price will increase after some time (after 6 months or so after the launce)
Do you have any facts or data to justify such an observation? Or is it merely a venting of steam against the nano. I surely hope you have heard of 'economies of scale'
Old 11th January 2008, 14:30   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
Vayalam...this is not what i meant,you misunderstood me,..let me explain
look what i was saying ,is that these cars can never be sold in numbers that should make you to worry about nature...and will never make us feel the need of worrying for the environment ,it will not effect it in any ways dont worry... like i said ,currently there are 5% indians owning four wheelers if the percentage increases to 7% it will not harm the nature in anyway

basically it is very unlikly for indian traffic to increase in high proportion hence that problem will never appear in our country
I say let the problems of the west appear in India, coupled with the prosperity of the west too, then we can speak about evironment and problems in africa/pakistan/blah. The west and esp Europe has been fattened rich on exploiting 3rd world resources for over 3 centuries, have no right to crib about environment pollution in India
Old 11th January 2008, 14:38   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have any facts or data to justify such an observation? Or is it merely a venting of steam against the nano. I surely hope you have heard of 'economies of scale'
Can you tell me the bench mark figure for Neno price mean how much it need to be produced to be within profit margin in a year?
Old 11th January 2008, 14:43   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayalam View Post
All this excitement about the Tata Small Car is fine. But have we forgotten to ask one pertinent question? Where is it all leading to? Ratan Tata (and Ambani and Mittal) need to be congratulated for bringing in a cell phone revolution in the country. It is difficult to find a person without a mobile phone and a good deal of the credit must go to these gentlemen. It has brought in a communication revolution in the country, with perceptible economic gains. Can we say the same thing about the "people's car"? Cars are not mobile phones. They need fuel and road to run - both in short supply here. And what about the environmental implications (CO2 emission included) of the mass release of an utterly affordable car? Imagine every average Indian who can manage a loan of 1 lakh buying a car...each member of a family can have a car or two. It is good to have cheap means of transport for everyone. But cheap cars are not the solution; efficient and affordable public transport is. I hope govt. people like Tata wake up to the real threat and do things that are sustainable for the people and the country.
Sorry to sound rude, but why dont you give up travelling by car/bike and stick to a bus instead? Since you dont want an average Indian to drive his/her own car, you too should help set this in place
Old 11th January 2008, 14:50   #204
BHPian

Nano looks cute, more like a toy. I'm sure it will be embraced by many; not just the lower middle class, but also by the college-going lot whose parents don't mind spending a lakh or more for them.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:53   #205
BHPian

Hi

The car is revolutionary.... not in the sense that it will change how every car is made in the world, but, in the sense that it has, by innovating new technologies, produced a car for that segment of the market that could previously, have not been able to afford a car.

Watch this mini analytical video from BBC......
BBC Media Player

Last edited by redcandle : 11th January 2008 at 15:03.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:55   #206
BHPian

All these guys who are criticizing the Tata’s 1 lakh car has to do nothing with environment and they damn care about it. They want to raise this to get publicist.
They even will not know how much pollution they itself be creating and all of them will have 2 expensive cars. They do not have any right to speak against this. We should cheer Tata to come up with this.
What is our govt doing for aam public nothing, they take income tax and then fill the bank accounts in Swis.
Cheers too Tata.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:58   #207
tez
BHPian

i dont see a major change in pollution as said by many. Person going in for a karizma bike might go for tata nano. In fact i feel nano would be more environmental friendly that HH karizma bike. I feel traffic incidents including two wheelers would reduce.
Old 11th January 2008, 15:53   #208
BHPian

Mods...Can we have a Poll on Interested Buyers, Not Interested & Cant decide?
Old 11th January 2008, 15:56   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
i dont see a major change in pollution as said by many. Person going in for a karizma bike might go for tata nano. In fact i feel nano would be more environmental friendly that HH karizma bike. I feel traffic incidents including two wheelers would reduce.
I don't think a Karizma wanting person would like to buy this car. Moreover, one needs to worry about the diesel version when it comes to thinking about the environment.
Old 11th January 2008, 15:59   #210

Our Auto-Rickshaws will be a thing of he Past!!

The NANO will take over the Auto Rickshaw market. If it is this Cheap! then the Auto will be replaced by NANO. This will be the BEST TAXI ever - "NANO CAB"
2 years back when i was thinking of buying a Hatch Back- My Girl Friend Echoed a Resounding "NO" to Tata Indica as it is a TAXiiiiiiii.. (No Offence here..)
Wonder wa will happen to NANO.. or "NANO CAB"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks