Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 16:16   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price

MG Hector facelift to be unveiled on January 5, 2023

MG has announced that the Hector facelift will be officially unveiled in India on January 5, 2023.

Name:  download 77.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  101.0 KB

Production of the 2023 MG Hector has already commenced at MG’s production facility at Halol, Gujarat. The SUV gets a massive chrome grille at the front but retains its split headlamp design featuring slim LED daytime running lights and the main headlamps positioned on the bumper. At the rear, the updated Hector gets a chrome strip running across the width of the tailgate with the ‘Hector’ lettering just below it.

Inside, the 2022 Hector will be equipped with a 14-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 3-spoke steering wheel and a digital instrument cluster. More importantly, the SUV will be offered with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).

The new Hector will be mechanically identical to the outgoing model. It will continue to use the same 2.0-litre diesel, 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre mild-hybrid powertrains.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 27th December 2022 at 10:20.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 16:30   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The SUV gets a massive chrome grille at the front...
Massive? That puts most Lexus grills to shame. The headlights seem like an afterthought to the grill!

You just know somebody is going to slap a Lexus logo on this ugly facade and no average Joe is going to know the difference.
Small Bot is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 18:06   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Inside, the 2022 Hector will be equipped with a 14-inch touchscreen infotainment system
14" screen + ADAS. Are they trying to make a cinema hall on wheels? And driver should just watch movies instead of the road

Last edited by Aditya : 27th December 2022 at 10:19. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 18:10   #184
BHPian

I wish this car came with an EV version. Zs EV is somewhat congested, especially at the back, further aggravated by the dark interior. This car is pretty spacious with a very good music system but while the petrol is uninspiring, diesel has BS 6 issues coupled with manual only transmission.
DonHyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 20:15   #185
BHPian

Quote:
MG Hector facelift India launch confirmed for January 5, 2023

MG has announced that the Hector facelift will be launched in India on January 5, 2023.
Hi! Is there any official invite or announcement made by MG anywhere confirming 5th Jan date? I couldn't find any such confirmation from MG. Hope & most likely 5th would be the date as in any case it will be showcased at Auto expo on 13th Jan.
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:21   #186
BHPian

MG Hector facelift review:

I am surprised as to how he got hold of this even before its launch. I mean, MG themselves didn't launch proper teaser images.
saikishor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:39   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post

I am surprised as to how he got hold of this even before its launch. I mean, MG themselves didn't launch proper teaser images.
This is going to give tough competition to xuv700 and harrier.
I hope they sorted the niggles with the facelift. It doesn't have a huge footprint in India, but this same product is sold by chevrolet, MG and Baojun. I haven't read too many consistent issues or niggles about MG. It's just an emotional thing that pushes people away from MG, otherwise its a well sorted product. Some might be offended by hector is more sorted than Harrier IMHO.
Heisenberg_ad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:03   #188
BHPian

Quote:

I am surprised as to how he got hold of this even before its launch. I mean, MG themselves didn't launch proper teaser images.https://Youtu.be/KCcrL0_xzp0
Agreed! Just watching this video. It is about time for MG to announce prices!

Atleast looks are sorted and amazing. Tail light is looking amazing on starry black Hector. Glad I have booked black one.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 3rd January 2023 at 21:04.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 22:57   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks smart in the black shade, black out the chrome bit and it will have an even more impressive and aggressive front fascia.

That said missing diesel automatic continues to be a sore point, and petrol engine is lacklustre, so Mahindra won’t see many converts and will breathe easy. I will wait for harrier facelift showcase, if they can get a better infotainment system on the car and provide few missing bits, it will probably be a better pick. I am tempted to book the hector, but the petrol engine keeps holding me back, eventually might need to make that compromise as I have anyway become a sedate driver, but sometimes you just feel the need of the speed, this will end any of those hopes.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 04:22   #190
BHPian

Quote:

I am surprised as to how he got hold of this even before its launch. I mean, MG themselves didn't launch proper teaser images.https://Youtu.be/KCcrL0_xzp0
Seems like 5th Jan is also not the final launch date. Till now we should have heard announcements for it.

Maybe MG is now thinking about checking interest level at AutoXpo and then fix + announce prices, which means no delivery in this month!

Btw video made private and an article referring to it by carwale has also been removed. Seems like MG still wants to keep it under cover (till AutoXpo?).

Though I could grab following pictures from now gone article:

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  36.9 KB

Name:  51024x599.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  61024x552.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  41024x538.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  58.5 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by manpreetsj : 4th January 2023 at 04:33.
manpreetsj is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 10:25   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

The ‘Internet Inside’ badge is gone, good riddance!!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 10:39   #192
BHPian

That gear lever looks totally old school. And I would have thought that the facelift brings electronic parking brakes.
Old 4th January 2023, 10:39   #193
Senior - BHPian

Phew! In my personal book, this facelift makes Hector one of the ugliest cars currently on sale in India - I dub thee as Hector Chrome Grill Ultra Pro Max edition.

Also, what is with the TV-size screen inside?

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 11:03   #194
BHPian

The rear profile looks like that of Scorpio N, with a horizontal red section.

Is there any model/ variant without the TV on dashboard?

The MG Hector is perhaps a nicely built SUV. Once I saw a rogue owner of MG Hector banging multiple times on the rear side of a new Swift flattening the hatch door, and there was no scratch on the Hector front portion.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 12:11   #195

Few first-hand perspectives from an MG owner. Well, I own a 2021 MG Hector Plus DCT, which I am planning to replace with a 2023 Hector Plus CVT (Company Owned Car).

The reason is a forced decision rather, there is absolutely no other car in that price range that offers the price value proposition of space, comfort, quality interiors, and audio that can be compared to a notch above. Butter smooth ownership in part 2 years and haven't come across anything major in forums on product ownership or dealer experience issues.

As far as power, it might not win pedal-to-metal wars, but I comfortably cruise around legal speed limits and never felt uncomfortable while overtaking. Also, with this amount of real estate on wheels, someone aspiring for a Maruti mileage might be a bit of an overstretch. I have done 21,454 Kms with 2556.1 L of Tank Full to Tank Full and an avg Fuel Eco of 8.4 on a DCT Box with Hyderabad traffic and 20% of highway trips thrown somehow manages my expectation, though I desperately miss a Diesel Auto in the Hector.

And, when MG launched the 10 Inch TV, many commented, but today, it seems to be a norm around. Expect the same with the 14 Inch TV . These screens are bound to grow like mobiles a few years back and will saturate at some point in time. Till then, Hector will lead the block
SM.Turbo is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks