Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 16:35   #166
BHPian

Re: Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price

How quickly the news spreads after team-bhp...the Instagram handle had these photos since 2-3 days but since the discussion started every portal is giving the news of new hector. Love this forum.
Btw the car does look great and if it's previous shortcomings are sorted, would be a great car to own.
utkarshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 20:49   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
How quickly the news spreads after team-bhp...the Instagram handle had these photos since 2-3 days but since the discussion started every portal is giving the news of new hector. Love this forum.
Btw the car does look great and if it's previous shortcomings are sorted, would be a great car to own.
Thanks to you!

After all the damage already done, seems like MG has got the original post removed. Glad we atleast got to see it, makes it easier to wait for another month.

The car is looking good in this deep red shade. With blackened chrome bits, the car is looking good. I'm now confused whether to go for this colour or black.
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 13:22   #168
Senior - BHPian

I have a hard time with touchscreens and urban traffic. I think it is a major distraction especially when there are no physical controls for volume etc. This obsession with automation and larger than ever infotainment interfaces is not a good one.
Old 1st December 2022, 07:59   #169
BHPian

As per info received, this red car has reached NCR at flagship dealership's stockyard. No other colour has come in yet.

Got a confirmation on the pictures as well - final design and finish is same as the one revealed in pictures 2 days back.

The launch may happen on 20th Dec or 5th Jan, followed by display at Auto Expo on 13th Jan. Deliveries to begin post 20th Jan.
manpreetsj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 08:09   #170
BHPian

Doesn’t the grill look overdone? Too big to my liking.
Old 1st December 2022, 13:30   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
The launch may happen on 20th Dec or 5th Jan, followed by display at Auto Expo on 13th Jan. Deliveries to begin post 20th Jan.
Any word on pricing specifics yet?

Side bit of news, while the current Hector will be sold alongside, it will be phased out soon unless significant bookings for it come post new gen launch from what I hear.
Old 9th December 2022, 07:01   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar14920251 View Post
Any word on pricing specifics yet?

Side bit of news, while the current Hector will be sold alongside, it will be phased out soon unless significant bookings for it come post new gen launch from what I hear.
No new updates on pricing on facelift.

Though, back in May it was expected to be dearer by 1.5 Lakhs vs. Sharp CVT at that point in time.
Since then, Hector Sharp has seen 1 price increase of 25k (1.28%) in Sep.
Next one is expected starting Jan (2-3% as per latest article -~50k for Sharp). Bringing ex-sh price to 20.1L (23L onroad in GGN).
I feel facelift may command 1 lakh premium over it and not 1.5L, given the 75k price jump on current. (Don't understan what input costs are still going up?! Chip shortage is getting sorted and commodities saw some correction/plateaued. Maybe Companies are trying to push up prices till the point demand continues! )

Can expect facelift to be launched at 21L ex-sh (24L onroad GGN). Rest we will get reality check soon!
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 20:50   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
I saw these pics on whatsapp status of one of SAs of MG with the msg 'coming soon'. I dont know how authentic theses pics are. Sharing for expert opinions.

The color and rear end of the car looks garish. I wish they toned down the styling and lettering (ADAS and the INTERNET INSIDE) a bit and made it more acceptable to all. I wish MG changes it's mind regards the diesel automatic option which will be welcomed with open arms by the market.
Old 16th December 2022, 22:08   #174
BHPian

TOI News

Quote:
MG Motor India has announced that it will increase the prices of all models from January 1, 2022. The price hike will be up to Rs 90,000 across its range.
Well happy new years, I guess. Sincerely hoping that just for Adas and a bit of facelift doesn’t take the prices from VFM to ₹₹₹ just for the sake of it.

I’ve been disappointed before with Tucson price already.
Old 17th December 2022, 07:04   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
TOI News

Well happy new years, I guess. Sincerely hoping that just for Adas and a bit of facelift doesn’t take the prices from VFM to ₹₹₹ just for the sake of it.

I’ve been disappointed before with Tucson price already.
We can only hope that this 90k is for Gloster. In case of Hector, I feel in case of Hector:
1) current Sharp will see sharp increase of 40-50k
2) Facelift without ADAS will command 30-40k more and
3) Facelift with ADAS will add another 50k (1.2 to 1.5L extra over current price!)

But! 1.5 Lakhs gap was expected back in May 2022. Now that MG has taken 1 price increase of 30k in Sep and another expected starting Jan (assuming 40k), MG may give us facelift with ADAS at max 80k. Anything above will put it closer to competition, making it lose its VFM tag!

Last edited by manpreetsj : 17th December 2022 at 07:11.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 14:21   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

2023 MG Hector facelift production begins,

Quote:
The 1,00,000th unit of the Hector, which happens to be the upcoming facelift, has been rolled out of the production lines in Halol, Gujarat.
Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-fkz0terveaaxdsl.jpg

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-fkz0tesuyaesjk5.jpg

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-fkz0tervsaaoz2f.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th December 2022 at 14:27.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 15:25   #177
BHPian

Good going for a Chinese car. Being Chinese and not giving something that others dont offer (mostly, now we have many choices), they should be happy. People don't consider who owns it and are still buying it
Old 20th December 2022, 16:51   #178
BHPian

Well deserved milestone for capable car. Despite uncalled negativity for brand being owned by China the car does well because of it’s quality, excellent after sales service and reliability.

I think if GOI approves the capital infusion in MG India, this brand will offer good and healthy competition in our market.
FiatDiesel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 22:12   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Good going for a Chinese car. Being Chinese and not giving something that others dont offer (mostly, now we have many choices), they should be happy. People don't consider who owns it and are still buying it
Right! Similarly, I don't understand why people keep buying American brand cars even though America has long history of instigating wars globally, giving funds to our beloved neighbour, printing money in name of quantitative easing to devalue global currencies and what not! Let's not talk about Germans, with Nazi background!

Jokes apart, let's appreciate a car for what it offers against your hard earned money!

PS - Mods if it sounds political, please delete this post.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 20th December 2022 at 22:13.
manpreetsj is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 10:26   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Right! Similarly, I don't understand why people keep buying American brand cars even though America has long history of instigating wars globally, giving funds to our beloved neighbour, printing money in name of quantitative easing to devalue global currencies and what not! Let's not talk about Germans, with Nazi background!

Jokes apart, let's appreciate a car for what it offers against your hard earned money!

PS - Mods if it sounds political, please delete this post.
Agree. Ranting against a car owned by a Chinese company but made in India while ignoring the multiple Chinese-made chipsets, components and parts in everything from the TV to the toothbrush you own is just
ulag62442 is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed