Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2022, 04:19   #46
BHPian

Re: Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price

I'm not so good at Photoshop, but I gave it a try! The new grille seems to be slightly larger than that of Hector Plus. I'm liking the new front fascia though! Earlier it had too much chrome and now there is a decent mix of chrome and black parts.

I'm not sure why MG chose to show teaser image from such an angle (imagine being on knees to click an ultra wide picture of your car) which makes anything at centre look big (maybe to market a larger grille!). In reality, basis below images, grille would actually be similar to current plus model and won't be out of place.

Name:  mghectorfacelift201.jpeg
Views: 781
Size:  138.3 KB

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-screenshot_20220731075037_youtube03.jpeg

Last edited by manpreetsj : 11th August 2022 at 04:21.
manpreetsj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 09:22   #47

Thanks, not so bad. I think we need to cut some slack and wait for the complete reveal. De-chroming should do. Hope they do something on the rear and an AT on diesel.
SM.Turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:12   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM.Turbo View Post
Thanks, not so bad. I think we need to cut some slack and wait for the complete reveal. De-chroming should do. Hope they do something on the rear and an AT on diesel.
Dechroming would work for folks who find the issue to be chrome.

To me the issue is a ungainly shape/proportions of the new grill, not that the earlier one was a looker anyways. The chrome looks fine (for now). There can be tastefully done chrome (eg: Honda City 4th gen) and garish, ugly chrome (eg: The new Vitara)
Old 11th August 2022, 19:49   #49
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-photos-425353

Found another image on Autocar, which is more or less with the brightness adjusted to the teaser picture.

Gotta say, the design is growing on me. Given the cars sheer size, it might actually look even better in person.

Also, any word on the grapevine if Hector Plus is expected an update as well? It’s almost an instant buy for me if launched soon enough.
Attached Images

Lord-Lannister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 20:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post

Gotta say, the design is growing on me. Given the cars sheer size, it might actually look even better in person.
Same with me! I'm pretty much sure this imposing design will look good in person . Psyched to see more on this one! Have been waiting since Dec 21 for this new gen.

On additional scope, as per V3Cars article, we can expect launch by September and prebookings to start soon.
Quote:
We expect MG Motor India to launch the new Hector in September. MG are likely to open bookings for the new Hector in the coming weeks.
https://www.v3cars.com/news/2022-mg-...head-of-launch

Last edited by manpreetsj : 11th August 2022 at 20:22.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 08:10   #51
BHPian

Even though many of us are undecided on whether 14inch screen makes sense, seems like Ford is all into giving 15inch screens in its latest cars like Mustang Mach E and F150 Lightening and Americans are loving it!

This seems to be the near future trend wherein screen size comparison will move from phones to cars. Good to see MG already jumping on this ship to stay ahead.

Pictures of Ford cars with Sync4 15.5inch screen:
Name:  images1.jpeg
Views: 651
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 647
Size:  31.3 KB
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 09:44   #52
BHPian

I went to MG Showroom last weekend and the SA told me that the facelift model is going to be launched around Diwali time frame. And as the current wait time for the Hector is 5 months, any new bookings would probably end up getting the facelifted version. But no definitive answer on the price point the new one is going to be launched.
vikramhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 20:49   #53
BHPian

Hello fellow BHP-ians – I feel elated to part of this community and this is my first post here:

I too am in the car buying market ( Thanks to the NCR Diesel ruling, I had to let go of perfect maintained and ever so loyal Verna ☹ ), and am really struggling to get the right buck for money

In our upgrade journey, we have the following requirements:

Must haves:
• Automatic
• Good cabin and a massive boot space
• Panoramic sun-roof ( Mandated by my 5yo)
• Easy to drive and long-distance safety (Often highway/ mountain travel)
• Sunroof - condition set by my 6 year old
• Peace of ownership

Good to have:
• Petrol
• Decent mileage
• Strong road presence
• Brand value
• Top variant - Don’t want t miss any bells and whistles features

Our initial shortlist was trimmed because wifey dear did not want to consider Tata and Mahindra as part of the consideration set – I initially started off with 20-22 budget, but soon realized the hunt was going to be challenging. Was willing to extend up to 30 if all criteria were met.

What eventually made to the shortlist were: Hector, Tucson, and Compass

Compass
Great driving comfort but has been rejected due to terrible cabin and boot space

New Tucson
Checks all the asks, but exorbitant pricing. Petrol is too underpowered and for Diesel, cannot seem to convince myself to pay 36-37 for a Hyundai

Hector
I too am waiting for the next-gen to release, however I am getting some mixed feedback from the market – I have joined a few Hector Facebook groups and they seem to be flooded with almost new Hectors (<1 year) up for re-sale, or some crazy engine failure/stalling issues. On the other hand VFM and the massive space and road presence is hard to ignore.

For me peace of ownership is paramount ( Hyundai was the benchmark for me), as I don’t want to spend any time running to service centers after such a hefty investment.

Looking to get some feedback from the community on your POV on Hector’s ownership and if there are any other worthy candidates I should definitely consider.

Thanks a ton!
Old 28th August 2022, 09:28   #54

I’m also in a similar boat. I’m in the NCR region and want to upgrade from my diesel grand i10. I almost bought the hector shine CVT variant but then cancelled to wait for the facelift.
Old 28th August 2022, 11:17   #55
BHPian

Compass
Great driving comfort but has been rejected due to terrible cabin and boot space

New Tucson
Checks all the asks, but exorbitant pricing. Petrol is too underpowered and for Diesel, cannot seem to convince myself to pay 36-37 for a Hyundai

Hector
I too am waiting for the next-gen to release, however I am getting some mixed feedback from the market – I have joined a few Hector Facebook groups and they seem to be flooded with almost new Hectors (<1 year) up for re-sale, or some crazy engine failure/stalling issues. On the other hand VFM and the massive space and road presence is hard to ignore.

I have driven Compass automatic during multiple test drives. I did feel the rear seat space could have been better, but I think those who like a cocooned feeling in their car will like it, I don't think it's that bad. Also the initial pickup lag is evident, even if you floor the accelerator but once you get across maybe 30-40kmph, all is well.

My friend owns a Hector CVT top model, we have taken it to trips to hills across highways and it's a great car for the price. Great build quality, ride comfort, accelerates quickly, you will certainly not feel tired even after long drives. Excellent rear seat space and boot space. The only problem with the current Hector is it's infotainment system, it's laggy, the camera output is below average for the screen size, AC controls being on the touchscreen lags(e.g. you are on the main screen and want to change AC parameters, it first shows Initializing and then goes to the controls). I would say wait for the Hector facelift, if you can. The service provided by them is good too and they offer service packages at reasonable costs.
jaysonline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 09:51   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Exclusive: MG To Launch 2022 Hector Facelift By November End | V3Cars
https://www.v3cars.com/news/exclusiv...y-november-end

Quote:
In terms of updates for the 2022 Hector, we expect it to come with a larger grille and tweaked headlamp clusters. We also expect a new design for the alloy wheels along with a reworked rear profile.
Quote:
On the inside, the 2022 MG Hector will get a new dashboard layout with a segment-leading 14-inch portrait-oriented touchscreen infotainment system. The new infotainment system will offer in-built GPS maps along with online video chat support. In addition to that, the 2022 Hector is also likely to get a full-colour LCD instrument cluster. We also expect MG to offer advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) with the new Hector.
Quote:
In terms of powertrains, the new Hector is likely to come with the same 1.5L turbo petrol and 2.0L turbo diesel engine options as the current model. We expect MG to finally offer the Hector with a diesel automatic option.

Personal view:

November end would be too late for those like me waiting for facelift since beginning of the year. I was expecting late September launch and deliveries by mid Oct (pre-Diwali). However, given the way Excite variant launch of ZS EV is delayed from July to Oct and Gloster facelift being launched tomorrow, MG seems to be running behind schedule.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 30th August 2022 at 09:54.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 11:52   #57
BHPian

The SA at the local dealership told me last week that the next gen Hector will be launched by December 2022 and the deliveries will not start before Feb-March 2023 timeframe. Again, this is the tentative schedule. There is no official communication from MG to their dealerships, is what I am told.
Old 31st August 2022, 18:46   #58
BHPian

Looks like the launch of Next-Gen Hector has been pushed out by a couple of months. I was initially expecting a late-Aug / early-Sep launch and deliveries by Diwali time-frame.

Anyways, manifesting my 'Wish-List' for the next-gen Hector…Keeping my fingers crossed on how many of these will be fulfilled by MG – Based on the price differential for the top trim, will help me make an easy go/no-go decision

• Larger infotainment screen - Confirmed
• ADAS Level 2 – Confirmed
• Soft-touch dashboard
• Fully Digital Instrument Cluster
• Lag-free UI on Infotainment screen
• Improved reverse/ 360 camera resolution
• Improved AC controls from screen
• Dual Zone AC settings
• Air Purifier
• Memory setting on driver seats
• Lumbar support/ massage on driver seat
• Brown Leather Interiors ( Currently available only in Hector Plus)
• Improved Tyres Profile …at-least 235/55 R18
• Boot Swipe opening
• Inbuild window-shade for rear seats
• New Color - Starry Night/Royal Blue

Is all of this too much to ask?

Please feel free to add/confirm/deny to this list as we get know more on the face-lift?
Old 1st September 2022, 08:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Please feel free to add/confirm/deny to this list as we get know more on the face-lift?
I will classify these features as per my preferences:

Much needed:
• Lag-free UI on Infotainment screen
• Improved reverse/ 360 camera resolution
• Improved AC controls from screen
• Improved Tyres Profile …at-least 235/55 R18
• Lumbar support

Nice to have:
• Larger infotainment screen - Confirmed
• ADAS Level 2 – Confirmed
• Soft-touch dashboard
• Fully Digital Instrument Cluster
• Dual Zone AC settings
• Air Purifier
• Memory setting on driver seats
• Massage on driver seat
• Brown Leather Interiors (Currently available only in Hector Plus)
• Boot Swipe opening
• Inbuild window-shade for rear seats
• New Color - Starry Night/Royal Blue
dular is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 14:42   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
https://www.v3cars.com/news/exclusiv...y-november-end

Personal view:

November end would be too late for those like me waiting for facelift since beginning of the year. I was expecting late September launch and deliveries by mid Oct (pre-Diwali). However, given the way Excite variant launch of ZS EV is delayed from July to Oct and Gloster facelift being launched tomorrow, MG seems to be running behind schedule.

I agree, November would be too late for me as well. Although, I still have a feeling that launch may happen earlier - To release the teasers in August, and launch in November doesn't seem to be a wise marketing strategy. Usually the gap is in the ballpark of 4-6 weeks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks