Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2022, 17:25   #106
BHPian

Re: Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Depends! For me it's a Yes! For me larger grille looks better. I would prefer to get ADAS in my next car as i will be using it for next 5-6 years. By next year most 15L+ priced cars will have it. I would prefer a better infotainment system with better touch response. A new gen car may command better resale value as well. I'm happy with current petrol CVT as i don't plan to go beyond 90-100. Still better tuning is welcome.
In this case I will make a pass on the facelift. The only thing I might want from the current features on the facelift would be the better responsive infotainment system. And for that, 2L premium might be an overkill. Moreover, the new interior front panel design is a bit too much for me. Lots going on there. I would have liked a simpler, sleeker design.
Old 14th September 2022, 12:19   #107
BHPian

Latest pictures of test mule, as spotted in J&K by someone Hector Group on FB. The new grille is visible and looking better than the offical teaser.

Also, refer following article with more details - https://gaadiwaadi.com/2022-mg-hecto...s-launch-soon/
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-fb_img_1663138011598.jpg  

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-fb_img_1663138013991.jpg  

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-fb_img_1663138009151.jpg  

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-fb_img_1663138006410.jpg  

manpreetsj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 21:57   #108

Hi Guys - I knew they are definitely not going to launch the Diesel Automatic, which I feel is such a let down. So by the time i convinced myself to book the current version Sharp CVT, the prices went up, add to that the always forgetful sales staff of MG Bhopal that takes pride in blaming the customer for their faults. Also half baked knowledge, not adhering to times for TD and also a great delay in sending the quotation (I had to remind them twice and with no surprises, they somehow blamed me only for it). Also the ex showroom price provided is 19,77,800 as against the company call center claimed 19,72,800. (Please correct me if i am wrong here)

All of this has finally gotten on my nerves and decided not to go for the Hector. If sales is like this, I really doubt the after sales service.
Old 19th September 2022, 20:46   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_ka03_mp04 View Post
So by the time i convinced myself to book the current version Sharp CVT, the prices went up,
I think you shouldn't be too bothered by the price increase to influence your buy/no-buy decision - In any case delivery is going to take a few weeks, and ideally one will have the pay the prevalent price at the time of the delivery. As far as I understand, with MG there is no price lock
Old 20th September 2022, 14:49   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
I think you shouldn't be too bothered by the price increase to influence your buy/no-buy decision - In any case delivery is going to take a few weeks, and ideally one will have the pay the prevalent price at the time of the delivery. As far as I understand, with MG there is no price lock
Price rise is not that much of a concern as there Service and behaviour also not to forget quoting wrong ex-showroom price on two occasions.

The least one can expect when paying such amounts is transparency and decent service. Hence opted out and booked the xuv700 for which I have to wait for ages or I may just get the new facelift (if it appeals to me, from another State).
Old 20th September 2022, 23:22   #111
BHPian

In one of the promotional posts for Gloster, MG today introduced the Automatic Parking Assist feature which helps to identify and assist parking in tight spots with ease.

Link

Do you think with anticipated ADAS Level 2, this is a feature which could be made available in next-gen Hector too? Thoughts?
Old 21st September 2022, 21:10   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Next must be launch! I have a strong feeling, in next 1 week we will get launch dates, which will most likely be in next 15 days.
Looks like MG is not following its tried and tested marketing startegy this time around
mountainboy1213 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 06:35   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Looks like MG is not following its tried and tested marketing startegy this time around
Haha true! They seem to be maintaining 1 month gap between teasers! If next teaser doesn't come out on next Wednesday, then on 5th definitely it should come out.

Hopefully launch before Diwali should happen as was mentioned by flagship dealership SA back in May (they have good Intel from corporate office in same premises)!

But you know
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-screenshot_20220922063741_whatsapp.jpg  

Last edited by manpreetsj : 22nd September 2022 at 06:38.
Old 24th September 2022, 17:26   #114
Senior - BHPian

2022 MG Hector spotted testing in Ladakh

The upcoming MG Hector has been spotted testing in Ladakh. The SUV will be launched later this year.

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-308233135_788167448904273_3710704801825613217_n.jpg

The new MG Hector features a bold new chrome grille with LED daytime running lights on either side. The stacked headlamp units and front bumper have been reworked. At the rear, the SUV features slim LED tail lamps and is equipped with dual-tone alloy wheels.

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-308610832_1170914923768943_625141225825461462_n.jpg

Inside, the new Hector features a dual-tone theme with ambient lighting. In the centre is a 14-inch Portrait infotainment system. The SUV also gets a 3-spoke steering wheel, a digital instrument cluster and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-308365607_1367912443738755_7548137840392829755_n.jpg

The new Hector will be mechanically identical to the outgoing model. It will continue to use the same 2.0-litre diesel, 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre mild-hybrid powertrains.

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-308197076_194331003033920_2250620449023979902_n.jpg

Source: Overdrive
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 18:02   #115
BHPian

All that camouflage, including the boot badge. Why leave exposed, the grille badge?

Suspicion aside, I don't think a single body panel is different. A bit of nip and tuck on the plastic bits seems evident though.
Old 24th September 2022, 18:22   #116
Senior - BHPian

Im guessing this is going to be like the gloster facelift where absolutely nothing is changed.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 22:29   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Im guessing this is going to be like the gloster facelift where absolutely nothing is changed.
I doubt that! It will for sure be a facelift with minor changes to front and rear finish (not sure if gen change is justified?!). On sides it may remain same. Interiors are were most of changes will take place as pe teased images!

On front we have already seen a larger grille just like Hector Plus. Whereas, on rear, as per previously leaked images, we can expect a connected tail lamp (trending at present)! Refer image below:
Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-img_20220428_185630.jpg

I just don't understand why and WHAT mg is testing in every corner of this country?! Is it ADAS or a new 1.5L petrol engine with 183hp power and 285nm torque, as introduced in MG One this year. Hope!!

Last edited by manpreetsj : 24th September 2022 at 22:30.
Old 24th September 2022, 22:29   #118
BHPian

From what I'm seeing, the front grille is better designed to suit the front. Other parts look largely similar. One thing I don't get with the Hector are the tiny-looking wheels. The body is too tall for the tyres to look proportionate and MG could have paid a little attention here along with new areas to add more chrome.
Old 24th September 2022, 23:25   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
All that camouflage, including the boot badge. Why leave exposed, the grille badge?

Suspicion aside, I don't think a single body panel is different. A bit of nip and tuck on the plastic bits seems evident though.
I think the sensors for the ADAS system are behind the badge. That's probably why they have to leave it exposed.
shimoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 07:37   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrabarusMark View Post
The body is too tall for the tyres to look proportionate and MG could have paid a little attention here along with new areas to add more chrome.
The wheel size issue was there in 2019 model wherein top model used to come with 17inch alloys. In 2021 facelift they started offering 18inch alloys. In person, these 18inch alloys look very much proportionate to overall soe of car. IMO any further increase will impact mileage and suspension setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
I think the sensors for the ADAS system are behind the badge. That's probably why they have to leave it exposed.
ADAS sensor is placed in centre of front bumper (below grille). That isn't the reason behind it being left exposed. MG simply would have thought they have already teased front fascia, hence there is not much to hide. Rather these camouflage cars are another way of keeping the interest alive. They could have deliberately exposed it.

On a separate note, MG has increased prices for current gen Hector by upto 28k. Maybe they want to reduce the gap between new and current gen. The timing is quite odd. They could have announced it along with new gen launch, unless they are pushing it to December end and take another round of price increase then.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 25th September 2022 at 07:54.
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks