Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2022, 16:17   #76
BHPian

Re: Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price

The Infotainment UI looks very similar to Xiaomi's MIUI (a bloated one at that!). I'm personally not a big fan of the square-ish icons. But that said, it's high time Tata moves out of the paint mixing booth and focus on it's dating interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-hector.jpg  

Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-miuilauncherappdrawerfonearena2.jpg  

Last edited by aenkay91 : 7th September 2022 at 16:19.
aenkay91 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 16:22   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
The teaser looks pretty chic - Love the symphony music in the background

Looks like the seat fabric is also different from the usual champagne tone - Looks slightly like tan brown, but could be excessive use of filters too

Yes, the interiors do look great. A slightly darker shade of seat cover would look even better than the current one
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 17:11   #78
BHPian

Again overdone by MG. The squarish screen looks too intrusive. Lack of physical buttons for AC and volume controls are strict no no.

What i want to see is that whether they have done any changes to engine tunes?
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 08:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
I don't know why, but the hector feels overdone with every facelift they launch. And the touch screen on the new generation hector, which now takes in the Aircon control,
Even the current generation has no air conditioning control buttons, everything is controlled by the screen, only the defogger has a physical button. The setup has worked well in the last three years, have no complaints.

Only thing is, it takes 30 odd seconds for the screen to boot up so you'll have to wait on a hot summer day. The key is to unlock the car as you walk towards it, which initiates the screen boot sequence so it's on by the time you sit inside.

Infotainment looks a big step up from the current version. MG had activated WiFi in the screen but they never bothered to go ahead and offer wireless Android Auto. Looks a lot more fluid. Size is a bit too much
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 09:15   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

Only thing is, it takes 30 odd seconds for the screen to boot up so you'll have to wait on a hot summer day. The key is to unlock the car as you walk towards it, which initiates the screen boot sequence so it's on by the time you sit inside.
Maybe you already know this - but to the best of my knowledge you can use the connected car features via the phone app to turn on the AC in the car - even before you have entered it.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 10:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
MG had activated WiFi in the screen but they never bothered to go ahead and offer wireless Android Auto. Looks a lot more fluid. Size is a bit too much
Most news channels confirmed yesterday that wireless AA and AC will be offered in facelift along with new i-smart 2.0 tech set-up.

Other observations:
There are 4-5 toggle switches between gear knob and Auto hold + EPB. These have a good chrome brushed finish. Also, they seem to have moved Ventilated seats buttons from sides to these switches on top.

Looking at how MG started revealing Astor in early Aug last year, revealed interiors by Aug end and did complete reveal on 15th Sep followed by price reveal in mid Oct. In case of Hector, they started with teasers in late July and now teased complete interiors. Next must be launch! I have a strong feeling, in next 1 week we will get launch dates, which will most likely be in next 15 days.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 10:15   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
you can use the connected car features via the phone app to turn on the AC in the car
That feature is available only in automatic variant. I have Diesel which only comes with manual transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Next must be launch! I have a strong feeling, in next 1 week we will get launch dates, which will most likely be in next 15 days.[/i]
MG has mastered the art of staying in the news, despite not really setting the sales charts on fire. You can expect multiple tidbits via articles every week, then a reveal , a price reveal and then a formal launch.

Last edited by coolkurt : 8th September 2022 at 10:17.
Old 8th September 2022, 11:40   #83

The interiors look so so good imo.
One of my pet peeves was that displays in most cars today are floating displays which sometimes seem out of place with respect to the rest of the dashboard.
In this reveal, the central display is merging with the gear box which mergers into the arm rest - making it one contiguous looking piece
Although I would have preferred physical buttons for AC, this design would not have allowed for it.

Another area that I hope MG really works on is the presence of dummy buttons. They are a big turn-off.
Dcs99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:39   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcs99 View Post
The interiors look so so good imo.
One of my pet peeves was that displays in most cars today are floating displays which sometimes seem out of place with respect to the rest of the dashboard.
In this reveal, the central display is merging with the gear box which mergers into the arm rest - making it one contiguous looking piece
Although I would have preferred physical buttons for AC, this design would not have allowed for it.

Another area that I hope MG really works on is the presence of dummy buttons. They are a big turn-off.
Yup, this looks really good on the inside.

In fact the renders on rushlane look much better even from the outside. I was never a fan of the original hector's (or the first facelift's) looks but these new renders look better from the front. Its amazing how a little bit of coherency to the design language takes whats essentially the ugly creta/venue front and actually makes it look good (to my eyes).
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-2022mghectorfaceliftwhite.jpg  

Last edited by Transmission : 8th September 2022 at 14:41.
Transmission is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:58   #85
BHPian

I can wholeheartedly say that MG has got me tempted with the teaser and tidbits that they’ve released on the next gen Hector. The interior update seems to be great, alongside a fairly tastefully done exterior update as well. It’s grown on me quite a bit, should be even better looker in person.

I’ve always felt Hector has a good road presence compared to its rivals, hence gravitating me towards it over the others.

Cannot wait for the booking to be open, albeit I’m still more tempted to wait another 6 months to wait for the Hector Plus update, any word on the grapevine with regards to it? I mean, if the 5 and 6 seater variants are updated simultaneously or just soon enough, to MG I say - take my money!

P.S Does anyone know how many child isofix anchors are present in Plus? Will the last row on the 6 seater have it as well? It would really help in making my decision easier. TIA!
Lord-Lannister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:59   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
look much better even from the outside.
Completely agree with you! The larger grille on Hector Plus, especially in Black looks much better than smaller grille of 2021 Hector. Back in May when I booked, I was decided to wait for facelift as I had a feeling that larger grille will make its way to 5 seater variant.

In black, Hector with this new grille will look damn good! Fingers crossed!
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 17:04   #87
BHPian

Has any version of the hector been safety rated? By any countries NCAP?
Old 8th September 2022, 20:13   #88
BHPian

I hope they launch the 7 seater version with top spec variant (with ADAS and infotainment updates). Also I hope they add diesel automatic, a very much needed indeed. My friend has a diesel manual hector and already got his clutch plates burned once. So every time I drive his car i am very conscious of the clutch usage especially in traffic. I already have Xuv 700 booking on going, if the new hector plus is priced below Xuv 700, then i probably will got for this. If the diesel doesn't get automatic, then this is completely off my list. Fingers crossed.
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 22:10   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Looking at how MG started revealing Astor in early Aug last year, revealed interiors by Aug end and did complete reveal on 15th Sep followed by price reveal in mid Oct. In case of Hector, they started with teasers in late July and now teased complete interiors. Next must be launch! I have a strong feeling, in next 1 week we will get launch dates, which will most likely be in next 15 days.
WOW! That is some crazy trend-spotting. MG should give you an accelerated delivery in recognition for your fandom
Old 8th September 2022, 23:26   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
If the diesel doesn't get automatic, then this is completely off my list. Fingers crossed.
This was just posted today by the official MG FB handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price-hector-5.jpg  

mountainboy1213 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks