Team-BHP - which is the best car today ???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   which is the best car today ??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2548-best-car-today.html)

hi,
our car market has made a tremendous progress in the last few years !!! a person buying a car these dayz has a lot of variety compared to yesteryears as of ambassadors or fiats or jeeps !!! but 2'day we have a variety ranging from the small electric reva to a humble sized scorpio.

But, with all the choices the buyer is confused as always which car to buy

ladies and gentlemen i request u to pen in your views on the car you like and why !!!

thanx

khiz khan

Well, it depends on ur budget, doesn't it??
If money is not a barrier then S500L it is, (for me atleast).
If it is a economy car then Alto it is. coz it gives great mileage and its good car to drive around during rush hour.

Rightly said Shravan. It depends on which car is best in which segment!

If you are talking about the B segment, its the Palio for me.

GTO

A - Alto
B - Palio
C - City
C+ - Octavia
D- Accord V6
D+ - C200 Kompressor
E - S350L, Im not saying 500 cause after driving the 350 i see no need for more power for India,

(I somehow dont think Accord and C class shud be in the same segment due to the difference in price and the brand upto some extent )

I beg to differ with your choices S350. I would put it like this (I'm talking overall car now, not from a driver's viewpoint only!):

A - Alto
B - Palio
C - City
C+ - Optra (I know, I know, but overall, for what it offers, it is the best car!)
D - Accord V6. 10 lacs less than a C, larger and more powerful.
MUV/SUV (less than 10lacs) - Scorpio
SUV (10 - 15 lacs) - Ford Endeavor

lemme know if you'll agree

I need to know ur E segment car? lol then ill answer more

BTW just edited my list,
And the SUV,

Hmm, Does the Nissan count?

And if talking about expensive SUV

G class,

But remember I dont like SUV's just posting if i had to choose the best,

i beg to differ.
with no intention to hurt anyone ,i feel that
there is no way that the alto can cum near other small cars.
the zen ,santro,wagon r and even the humble 800 are definitely better cars ,than the alto.
the palio i also good but i feel the wagon r is a more better car if we compare the 1.2 liter car category.
the alto is soooo cramped, and also the ride is terrible.
i own a zen and i feel that inspite of being a more older design ,no zen owner will ever be happy with an alto.
i think the wagon r is better.
if only maruti cud have launched a zen with slightly more space in the rear like the xing,with a 1.3 liter engine ,the zen can be untouchable and no one wud have looked at the palio 1.6.
so hail zen

satya

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (S350L-E240 @ May 28 2004,17:05)]I need to know ur E segment car? lol then ill answer more

What exactly do you classify as an "E" segment car? Going by the price layering system, the C and E class Benz would maybe fall in this. That would make the S fall in the "F" class! lol.

The thing is, our auto magazines started with these layering systems randomly baseing them on price, not the size of the car. This seems to have now been adopted without a proper study. Hence, we (and the magazine themselves) find ourselves constantly mixing things up! Hence, they were forced to develope the C+ class, coz they had already labled the Accord's and Sonata's as D!!

For example, I was speaking to my dad's friend yesterday when he asked me what I feel was the best car in the C segment. Well, I told him the City was good, and the Ikon was decent value too. He then told me that coz of the price cuts, the Ikon now falls in the B category! So you see, he classifies category according to price, and some ppl classify em according to size!

What we need is a standard system for classifying cars according to their size, just like they do in the US. That would then allow manufacturers to advertise that their car "has the space of a "D" segment car, but is priced the same as an Optra" or whatever!

Anyways, since I based my choices on price, I'll answer your question:

I guess there really is no competition in that area, as BMW nor Audi has entered the market with their 7 of 8 series respectively. So, by default, I would take the S. Although, if it was my money, I'd buy an E class, I just love the looks of the W211.

dammit S350...i just write a long story...and then you go and chance your original post!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ May 28 2004,17:21)]dammit S350...i just write a long story...and then you go and chance your original post!!

lol dont u think these are times when ur avatar matches very well?
lol

Well go on change ur post now!

And no in the S we have the 745/760/S500/320CDI/S600

Get yourself a Mahindra Jeep or an Amby. Of late, these are the only two vehicles tough enough to tackle the road next to my house. I've found that out. If you're a pauper, an 800 will serve you well. My dad still thinks, it rules.

Jokes apart, I think the Palio 1.2 is the best car overall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ May 28 2004,17:16)]i beg to differ.
with no intention to hurt anyone ,i feel that
there is no way that the alto can cum near other small cars.
the zen ,santro,wagon r and even the humble 800 are definitely better cars ,than the alto.
the palio i also good but i feel the wagon r is a more better car if we compare the 1.2 liter car category.
the alto is soooo cramped, *and also the ride is terrible.
i own a zen and i feel that inspite of being a more older design ,no zen owner will ever be happy with an alto.
i think the wagon r is better.
if only maruti cud have launched a zen with slightly more space in the rear like the xing,with a 1.3 liter engine ,the zen can be untouchable and no one wud have looked at the palio 1.6.
so * hail zen

satya

But 800 is going to be phased out and Alto is going to take its place.
My view was strictly based on this fact. otherwise the 800 would definitely been my choice for an economy class car.

Zen is one of my fav too coz it was a car we owned for almost 6 wonderful years. It is a good 1L engined petrol car