Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2022, 19:55   #511
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
This seems to be a good price then. Who’s the dealer in Mumbai ? Mine is also same variant. Is it also having engine and tire protect included ? Including these 2, HDFC Ergo showed me 90k including GST. I had also selected driver and 2 passenger cover of 2 lac each.

Looks like dealers are realising they cannot fool customers like this.
Mine is NBS and the policy I am picking up doesn't have engine and tire protection.
Old 13th September 2022, 22:33   #512

Quote:
Welcome brother. Now that you are getting your ride before most of us, congratulations for becoming a proud owner of a black beauty.

Though black looks ravishing, it needs equal amount of maintenance to keep it looking shining. Would suggest and i am sure you must have thought about it already, but pls go ahead with either Ceramic coating or complete PPF for the car to keep it looking shining and new depending on the use you would put it to. If you drive majorly on highways would suggest to go for PPF which is the ultimate protection, if usage would be city and short rides, ceramic which is comparatively less costly than PPF will also help a lot. Most dealers will tell you about getting Teflon coating, which is a gimmick as teflon is out of market for more than decade now. What they do is only wax polish which goes off in a couple of washes.
Thanks mate.

I understand your concern about maintaining The Black and completely agree with you. Though this will the first black for me, am planning to get PPF coating either partial or full. Thanks for your suggestion.

Meanwhile, I am curious if anyone has got the timeline updated on website ? Has it moved further from under production to shipment ? Or directly heard from the Dealer ?
Old 13th September 2022, 23:00   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
For Z8L D AT 4WD, my dealer is matching INR 79K from HDFC Ergo. This includes Zero Dep, NCB Protection and RTI.

This is too good. I got a quote of ~65k from GoDigit but that is for Z6 MT (14.99 lakh ex-showroom). Add-Ons: RTI, Engine and Gearbox protect, Consumable protect, Key and Lock protect. All Add-ons sum up to ~13k pre GST @18%

Conclusion: Need to check with HDFC ERGO and revisit some Add-Ons.
Attached Images

mnautss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 05:56   #514
BHPian

Good news for those who would be selling a vehicle to make space for Scorpio N. Below says it will apply from end of the year.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/gov...w/94184729.cms

Please note the action on seller to inform RTO electronically.
IB290 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 09:42   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Just checked the insurance quote from HDFC Ergo for my Z8L D AT 4x4 with all required optional add ons which comes to 90k including GST. For a similar policy dealer has quoted 1.42L. IDV is considered as 23.38L.
Thank you for this. I received the following quote for my ScorpioN Z8L 4x2 Manual. Ex-Showroom 19.49 lakhs.

This is from Bajaj Finance and that too for THREE years. I need the experts here to guide me and let me know if this is a good deal as it looks to be.

Name:  Bajaj Finance Insurance Proposal.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  52.4 KB

Basic Services

ACCIDENTAL TOTAL LOSS AND THEFT VEHICLE COVERED FOR -Up to IDV Value

OWNER DRIVER COVER - 1500000

THIRD PARTY PROPERTY DAMAGE -750000 (3 years)

TP DEATH DISABILITY - AS PER COURT DECIDED
(UNLIMITED).(3years)

AT THE TIME OF CLAIM - NEED TO PAY 1000 RS COMPULSORY
DEDUCTIBLE

100 % Cashless

ZeroDepreciationShield

ENGINE PROTECTOR

Key Replacement Cover

Personal Baggage

If your car is immobilized, you will be entitled for one or more of the following benefits:
Flat Battery
Fuel Assistance
Spare Keys
Flat Tyre
Minor Repairs
Message Service
Towing Facility
Legal Advice
Medical Co-ordination
Accommodation Benefits (12,000)
Taxi Benefits

Top up Covers Details:
Top up covers are stand-alone individual Add on covers that can be added to the Add on Package opted by the user

Top up Cover 1: Consumables Expenses (For Vehicle Age up to 5 years)
Top up Cover 2: Conveyance Benefit (For Vehicle Age up to 10 years)
Top up Cover 3: Accident Shield (For Vehicle Age up to 10 years)
Top up Cover 4: Vehicle Replacement Advantage (For Vehicle Age up to 3 years)
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 10:06   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post

This is from Bajaj Finance and that too for THREE years. I need the experts here to guide me and let me know if this is a good deal as it looks to be.
Three years quote is only for the third party premium. You will still need to pay for your own car's damage premium every year.
Attaching my first insurance policy that I got for my brezza.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_2022091410000253_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d3193339483.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_2022091410000253_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d3193339482.jpg
shikh_oberoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 10:44   #517
BHPian

This is what I received from HDFC ERGO. I am totally confused about which one to go for. Can someone please help me ?

Name:  HDFC Ergo Insurance.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  108.7 KB

Thanking in advance
chipsnchops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 11:13   #518
BHPian

This is what i have from HDFC Ergo for Z8L D AT 4x4. Own damage is for 1 year and Third party damage is default for 3 years.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-76f6e70374414c1b8f1e676d7ae15cd6.jpeg  

Last edited by rahulya007 : 14th September 2022 at 11:14. Reason: Added text
rahulya007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 11:43   #519

Hello All, i received a formal communication on email from my dealer (NBS Kandivali,Mumbai) stating that my car as been billed to them and should reach their stock yard at Mumbra within 7-10 days.
The mail also states that i should proceed with making the remaining payment to ensure that invoicing , issuance of insurance, fastag and then registration is done in a timely manner.
The interesting point in this email is that as per the communication by M&M the car will be delivered with only 1 key and the 2nd key will follow in 4 to 6 months time. This was the case with a friend of mine who got his XUV delivered in May this year.
My SA advised me to make some advance payment so as to ensure them that i will be taking the delivery of the car which i will.
My only worry now is that they will drive the car from Mumbra to Kandivali and there are good enough chances of chipping happening due to the bad condition of our roads.
Old 14th September 2022, 11:53   #520
BHPian

Quote:
This is what i have from HDFC Ergo for Z8L D AT 4x4. Own damage is for 1 year and Third party damage is default for 3 years.
I am going ahead with the below

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-hdfc-ergo-insurance.jpg
atluri_rkc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 11:57   #521
BHPian

Any comments on the CSR rate given below?

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-csr1.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-csr2.jpg

National, Oriental, and United India seem to score far above all the others. Any thoughts on this?
chipsnchops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 12:10   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
This is what I received from HDFC ERGO. I am totally confused about which one to go for. Can someone please help me ?

Attachment 2358165

Thanking in advance
What is the benefit of taking NCB cover for a new policy where your current NCB is already 0% (unless you are transferring NCB)?

Last edited by rjainv : 14th September 2022 at 12:23.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 12:26   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
What is the benefit of taking NCB cover for a new policy where your current NCB is already 0% (unless you are transferring NCB)?
This is what I have found out

NCB Protection Cover
NCB Protect is a smart way to ensure that your hard earned bonuses stay protected even if you raise a claim. This protection is usually provided to you as a rider option for the base insurance policy. Among all the rider options available, this is one of the options people favour the most due to the fact that opting for NCB cover ensures low premiums for more than a year depending on the number of NCBs accumulated. So, from the second year onwards, you are eligible for low premiums. This way the policyholder saves money on the insurance premiums. NCB cover costs about 5% - 10% of your base policy and although the NCB cover may be a little costly, the accumulated NCB will give you the added advantage of saving a good sum of money.

Key points to remember when it comes to NCB:

In case you want to renew/transfer your policy to another insurer, you can easily transfer the accumulated NCB due to the NCB Protect cover.
Even when you sell your car, you can transfer your car insurance policy from your name to the buyer’s name without giving away your NCB. You can keep your NCB till you buy a new insurance and then add it to the new base policy for continued premium discounts. To do this, you need to provide an NCB retention letter.
Once you raise a claim, the accumulated NCB will be used for claim settlement unless you avail an NCB Protect that retains your NCBs in spite of a claim.
You lose your accumulated NCB when you don’t renew your expired policy within 90 days from the date of expiry.
If the car insurance policy is cancelled before the policy period ends, you can’t earn any NCB.
Old 14th September 2022, 12:31   #524

Hi All,
I got the following quote for Z8L 6S AT 2wd at the dealership itself.
Does anyone have experience with Mahindra Insurance ?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV 1.pdf (287.6 KB, 128 views)
Old 14th September 2022, 14:27   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
Hi All,
I got the following quote for Z8L 6S AT 2wd at the dealership itself.
Does anyone have experience with Mahindra Insurance?
It is quite funny and strange. When I called Reliance Insurance, in their list of Scorpio N Z8L MT 7 seater, they don't have the 2WD listed in their database. They only have 4WD listed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks