Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 14:28   #526
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Any comments on the CSR rate given below?

National, Oriental, and United India seem to score far above all the others. Any thoughts on this?
As far as i know, government policy providers do not provide cashless facility. You need to pay first and then file a claim which will take 30-45 days to settle, may be even more. Also the rate of deductibles is also not known. So if an owner is ready to pay from pocket and then depend on the govt surveyor and officer to settle his claim, these are good options to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
Hi All,
I got the following quote for Z8L 6S AT 2wd at the dealership itself.
Does anyone have experience with Mahindra Insurance ?
I was told by my SA that they have tie up with HDFC Ergo, Reliance, TATA Aig, Edelweiss for insurance. It could just be that Mahindra is earning commission for giving them business under their header. But if the rates are competitive, such customers will get an upper edge in case of claims.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 14:44   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
As far as i know, government policy providers do not provide cashless facility. You need to pay first and then file a claim which will take 30-45 days to settle, may be even more. Also the rate of deductibles is also not known. So if an owner is ready to pay from pocket and then depend on the govt surveyor and officer to settle his claim, these are good options to go.

I was told by my SA that they have tie up with HDFC Ergo, Reliance, TATA Aig, Edelweiss for insurance. It could just be that Mahindra is earning commission for giving them business under their header. But if the rates are competitive, such customers will get an upper edge in case of claims.
Makes sense now! Reliance seems to be very aggressive in tie-ups with dealers. I had bought a two-wheeler recently and even there it was Reliance Insurance that I finally received in hand.

I think things to keep in mind are the following
1. Engine and Gearbox protection (both ideally)
2. NCB Protection
3. Roadside assistance

Anything else that one should definitely include in add ons etc? For a normal user who does less than five two road trips in a year (across states)?

I don't think tyre secure is required. I have found that even in some major accidents, the tyres somehow remain mostly intact.

I don't understand what a "return to invoice" is. When is it applicable?

Is there anything else that I should definitely include in the Insurance?
Old 14th September 2022, 15:49   #528

Quote:
Welcome to the forum brother…

I will suggest if you have booked scorpio N Petrol with some thoughts, stay with your booking. Though you have dates of May, you’ll surely get the vehicle a month or two earlier, let the deliveries start in the next 15 days.

Not sure, but who told you adventures cannot be done in 40s ? I feel this is the perfect stage of your life and career where you are mature and responsible enough to do things but not overdo them like in your early 20’s or 30’s. Anyways age is just a number, enjoy the vehicle and also plan for adventures without thinking too much, don’t get old before you get old.
Thanks mate! I will stay put but the wait is nearly killing me. I will use this wait period to save some bucks in order to reduce my loan amount.

Aaha, on the adventure, I didnt really mean to sound old, as I am not! I have been doing road trips (the most adventurous and the longest too, being Bangalore to Ladakh on my RE 500 Desert Storm) and will continue to do fun stuff, till I die. Thanks again for the advice. Really appreciated!
MealReelWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 16:21   #529
BANNED

A generic question => Does PDI happen only after payment OR is PDI possible before payment?

Some dealerships put pressure to make either partial or full payment and do not allow PDI.

Also, in case of ScorpioN, M&M Customer care keeps replying like so "Once your vehicle is billed, your dealership shall reach out to you to help with the requested details. "

What is this billing business between M&M and the dealership?
Old 14th September 2022, 16:24   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post

I don't think tyre secure is required. I have found that even in some major accidents, the tyres somehow remain mostly intact.

I don't understand what a "return to invoice" is. When is it applicable?

Is there anything else that I should definitely include in the Insurance?
We need to know what is the included in the tire protect. My brother bought a car in US and has taken tire protect cover. If a tire becomes useless owing to cuts or a non reparable puncture, i think his insurance covers him for replacement. Not sure if this also applies in India.

Also, if there is a rim bent owing to potholes, where just the rim is bent making it useless and there is no other damage to the vehicle, will insurance provide cover if tire protect is not taken ?

Return to Invoice is if your car goes in total loss, RTI cover will fetch you the invoice value rather than the current IDV.

Those who stay in low lying or regularly water logging areas should definitely go for the engine and gear box cover.

Hope you have also covered personal accident cover for driver and co-passengers.
Old 14th September 2022, 18:20   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post
A generic question => Does PDI happen only after payment OR is PDI possible before payment?

Some dealerships put pressure to make either partial or full payment and do not allow PDI.

Also, in case of ScorpioN, M&M Customer care keeps replying like so "Once your vehicle is billed, your dealership shall reach out to you to help with the requested details. "

What is this billing business between M&M and the dealership?
I would say don't pay a penny until PDI is done and the dealer has rectified the observations to your satisfaction.

I know dealers can be pushy but once you put money on the table first, you lose the leverage.

Regarding the billing point:
Dealership BUYS the vehicle from Mahindra and then sells it to you.

So until you make the payment, the dealership is responsible for the vehicle. If it gets damaged in their yard, they will try their best to cover it up.
That's why they want you to pay before PDI is done.
If you are not satisfied with the quality, you can refuse delivery (would love to know experienced BHPians' views here, whether this might impact price protection and delivery timeline). Dealer's investment is stuck in this case and they will try their best to get your issue resolved.

Moral: Don't budge to dealer pressure.
mnautss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 18:38   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
I would say don't pay a penny until PDI is done and the dealer has rectified the observations to your satisfaction.

I know dealers can be pushy but once you put money on the table first, you lose the leverage.

Regarding the billing point:
Dealership BUYS the vehicle from Mahindra and then sells it to you.

So until you make the payment, the dealership is responsible for the vehicle. If it gets damaged in their yard, they will try their best to cover it up.
That's why they want you to pay before PDI is done.
If you are not satisfied with the quality, you can refuse delivery (would love to know experienced BHPians' views here, whether this might impact price protection and delivery timeline). Dealer's investment is stuck in this case and they will try their best to get your issue resolved.

Moral: Don't budge to dealer pressure.
From my experience, PDIs (especially with some dealers) these days are not as easy as they once were - especially for variants with long lead times. We can blame it on the sellers market.

IMHO, one needs to be really persuasive and tacit to do PDI - especially for vehicles with demand > supply. In the current times, its not a dead investment for the dealer. Since the customer is obligated to take delivery in stipulated time, dealer will mark it as undelivered and move to the next customer.

One way to make it a win-win scenario, consider making part payment (~2L) and work with the dealer to check out the vehicle either in the showroom or stock yard. Atleast, this is what I am trying to do with my dealer in Mumbai. Even this is not 100% helpful as the vehicle will still be in dealer's ownership for ~5days to complete RTO formalities.

Last edited by atluri_rkc : 14th September 2022 at 18:39.
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 19:22   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Even this is not 100% helpful as the vehicle will still be in dealer's ownership for ~5days to complete RTO formalities.
Completely agree. I went to yard today to check on the vehicle. My vehicle is yet to come but there were many scorpios in the yard. Even if you check, the vehicle will still be with them at least till 26th and you just have to assume that nothing will happen during that time.
Old 14th September 2022, 20:42   #534
BHPian

The XUV7OO booking story is unfolding again.
I have booked through dealer on the first day. The variant is Z8 D MT 4WD. I got the confirmation sms around 11:05/06. This booking is not part of the first 25K. When I log in, the delivery date is being shown as Oct-Nov 2023.
I understand that it will get preponed by few months after the cancellations. I am preparing myself for minimum one price hike, if not two.
On a second thought I might book XUV7OO AX5 D MT. Chances are there that I may get it earlier. I am waiting for the update on the 6airbag rule.
Old 15th September 2022, 10:51   #535
BHPian

Anyone explored accessories for scorpio N? I checked with my dealer and they don't have anything yet. For now, just mats and mud flaps for me. M2ALL, I am not sure how good the product is. Please share your experiences. Thanks!
Old 15th September 2022, 11:55   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixInRising View Post
On a second thought I might book XUV7OO AX5 D MT. Chances are there that I may get it earlier. I am waiting for the update on the 6airbag rule.
AX5 Petrol are mostly being delivered before time. My friend having a booking for AX7L shared a sheet two-three days back which even shows some AX3DMTs free for sale in addition to AX5DMTs being held for some customers (but not booked completely). So, it seems XUV supply of lower variants having lesser electronics is being regularized.
Old 15th September 2022, 12:50   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Anyone explored accessories for scorpio N? I checked with my dealer and they don't have anything yet. For now, just mats and mud flaps for me. M2ALL, I am not sure how good the product is. Please share your experiences. Thanks!
why should mud flaps be purchased ? Should it ideally not come as a standard fitment ? What type of mats are they providing ? Are they free or need to be purchased ? Is your dealer giving a standard cost of accessories in the price list ? If yes, what accessories are part of that amount ?
Old 15th September 2022, 14:23   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Completely agree. I went to yard today to check on the vehicle. My vehicle is yet to come but there were many scorpios in the yard. Even if you check, the vehicle will still be with them at least till 26th and you just have to assume that nothing will happen during that time.
Did you get a chance to check out the sun roof opening and the missing cladding? It has been discussed on the forum and we all hoped it will be sorted in the production versions. Did you notice any improvements or is the cladding still missing?
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 14:33   #539
BHPian

Quote:
why should mud flaps be purchased ? Should it ideally not come as a standard fitment ? What type of mats are they providing ? Are they free or need to be purchased ? Is your dealer giving a standard cost of accessories in the price list ? If yes, what accessories are part of that amount ?
No. Mud flaps are not standard fitment. They don't have anything yet so no idea what kind of mats they will offer. I would prefer 7D mats in dark color.

In my price list, there is no cost of accessories. Totally upto me if I want to buy any, if at all from them. I just don't want to try out any outside vendors for these 2 basic things hence looking for dealer to provide. My dealer is ok to fit any accessories from outside at nominal charges.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 15th September 2022 at 14:39.
Old 15th September 2022, 14:40   #540
BHPian

7D mats would be better any day but i am sure they would be sold at a bomb initially…someone had posted on FB about full set for 8k including boot mat. M2all also has a set of 5 pieces for 9999/-. If they do not have mud flaps right now, are they not going to fit them before delivery ?

If you plan to get PPF done, do not fit any accessories before the PPF. Doing full PPF without cutting around accessories will help a lot..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks