Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.57%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.55%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 10 4.90%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.67%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 28 13.73%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.59%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2022, 12:35   #556
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Status on website has changed to Shipment: On Its Way, although Delivery is still showing 26th Oct - 25th Nov 2022.

But if it has been shipped, it should not take so much time. So, I guess end Sep - early Oct is what is realistic.
Sidban85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 13:22   #557
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer (Dehradun). 1:10pm.
It was not my SA on the line.

The lady asked whether I want to change the variant. Upon confronting that the change window was only till 15th August, the response was "This change window is from the dealer side, we can change the model in portal if you want". However, she didn't seem to push a Z8L to me by default.

I had to willingly ask if opting for the same would help bring delivery timeline closer.
"You can expect ~2 month reduction in delivery timeline, but introductory pricing will not be applicable" was the response.

Needless to say, I stayed with my price protected Z6 MT.

But something is definitely cooking backstage.

Last edited by mnautss : 16th September 2022 at 13:24. Reason: Remove typo
mnautss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 18:27   #558
BHPian

Got this message from my SA. I have a price protected Z8L booking
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220916182322_whatsapp.jpg

The booking website is showing this
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220916182300_whatsapp.jpg

I think the dealer is trying to pass on a cancelled booking of some other customer to me
Any way to verify this?
Old 16th September 2022, 18:41   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance_nut View Post

I think the dealer is trying to pass on a cancelled booking of some other customer to me
Any way to verify this?
I think your car has been billed and hence the dealer is asking you to pay. The booking website will get updated when the car reaches the dealer and they confirm delivery (told to me by SA). My car delivery is scheduled for September 26 and the tracking status is exactly the same as yours. Also, by now, if your car has been billed, your SA will be able to provide you with your car VIN. Ask him for your VIN and that will confirm if your car has been allotted. Cheers!
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 19:16   #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance_nut View Post
Attachment 2358784

The booking website is showing this
Attachment 2358785

Any way to verify this?
Call up Mahindra customer care and provide them phone number you used at the time of booking. They should be able to tell if your car has reached the dealers stockyard. In my case the status was On Its way, on calling they confirmed that the car was at the stockyard. Not sure why the website was not updated.
Hope this was helpful
Old 16th September 2022, 20:24   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
Call up Mahindra customer care and provide them phone number you used at the time of booking. They should be able to tell if your car has reached the dealers stockyard. In my case the status was On Its way, on calling they confirmed that the car was at the stockyard. Not sure why the website was not updated.
Hope this was helpful
I spoke to my dealer (in Mumbai) today. Mahindra is tightly controlling everything. Apparently, dealers are not allowed to bill the vehicles before 20th Sep and initiate the RTO formalities. Everything will start on 20th Sep. I believe they are doing this to ensure that no vehicle will be delivered before 26th Sep. I am guessing there will be a Big Bang PR on 26th Sep - probably to highlight that they are beginning to deliver big numbers.

A big news release highlighting the same with a small update on price hike (check XUV7OO today) in a corner must be on the way.
Old 16th September 2022, 21:36   #562
BHPian

I have been told that there will be an event of some sort on the 26th where all ScorpioNs will be delivered together. There are 25 cars to be delivered at my dealership in Ahmedabad on the 26th. I have been given flexibility w.r.t insurance. I got my loan from SBI sanctioned today (7.9% fixed) and am now awaiting delivery of the car at dealer stockyard for PDI.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 21:47   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I have been given flexibility w.r.t insurance. I got my loan from SBI sanctioned today (7.9% fixed) and am now awaiting delivery of the car at dealer stockyard for PDI.
My SA was flexible for the insurance and accessories. He said "we can match with your insurance quotation" and " Sir, you can take the accessories as per your requirement and combination". I am not sure what they will do ultimately.

What are the input documents for SBI loan for the vehicle, other than usual KYC and Salary, ITR details? I have already forwarded those to my bank manager in August, and she assured me a quick approval. But we didn't talk about vehicle related documentation. I have an ongoing SBI home loan as well. May take a top up from there, provided bank doesn't ask for any quotation for upgradation, interior works etc. One of my colleague used this top-up route from HDFC, with ROI@7.7% for his Harrier.
Old 16th September 2022, 22:32   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
One of my colleague used this top-up route from HDFC, with ROI@7.7% for his Harrier.
HDFC has multiple options when it comes to existing loan. You can take a top-up if you have a minimum 1 year left in your home loan. Otherwise you can go for loan against property which I guess has a slightly higher interest rate. If you go for loan for home renovation, then you have to provide quotation from an architect mentioning immovable renovation and then bills etc as well. For loan against property, you can take it to buy car and just need to provide a quote, no bills etc are needed. All these options have no prepayment charges.

I would be opting for the same as my home loan now is just 6-7 months. If you still want to take a top-up, you need to increase the home loan tenure to min 1 year.
Old 17th September 2022, 17:59   #565
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
Call up Mahindra customer care and provide them phone number you used at the time of booking. They should be able to tell if your car has reached the dealers stockyard.
Mahindra customer care (call center or email communication) is unable to tell anything about our bookings other than confirming the model, dealership etc. Me and my friends tried multiple times, all they say is the dealers have the latest status from the production plant.
Old 17th September 2022, 23:10   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post
Mahindra customer care (call center or email communication) is unable to tell anything about our bookings other than confirming the model, dealership etc. Me and my friends tried multiple times, all they say is the dealers have the latest status from the production plant.
This is true. Your dealer should be able to tell you the exact location of your vehicle if it has been billed. They have an application/portal where they can track the status through VIN.
Old 18th September 2022, 09:12   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
Just curious, does it make sense to go for Anti corrosion treatment for a brand new car when corrosion/anti-rust warranty is already applicable??

Also, would love to hear views on the under body coating: effectiveness, durability, practical use case.

Thanks!
I had a Scorpio from 2005 to 2013 and xuv500 from 2013 to 2022. Now waiting for Scorpio N. In both my previous cars, no anti corrosion, anti rust etc done. No PPF or ceramic coating either. Both were perfect condition when sold. Only thing is car is parked in basement parking at night, that's good enough to keep it protected for its lifetime.
slylenser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 17:18   #568
BANNED

Has anyone with Z8L AT 4x4 Online Booking (Price Protected) seen their status move beyond "Order under planning"? I am starting to suspect all 4x4 deliveries are being manufactured afresh only based on orders placed (and are not available in plenty at the stock yard already).
Old 18th September 2022, 17:31   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post
Similar experience, they keep redirecting to the dealer. I sent an email as well, Mahindra CC forwarded that to dealer.

The update I've from the dealer today is that vehicle has reached the stockyard, however Mahindra portal still shows the status as "order under planning", not sure why...
Old 18th September 2022, 17:45   #570
BHPian

For initial deliveries planned on 26th sept, many customers are seeing the status as “On the way” and which should be true as well. That means Mahindra is updating the status as and when the vehicle is moving ahead on assembly line and stock yard. If yours is showing as “Under planning”, dealer might be bluffing otherwise there is no point in showing the status. Reason could be best known to him.

Most Viewed