Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.57%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.55%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 10 4.90%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.67%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 28 13.73%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.59%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2022, 20:36   #571
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Saw an update on Facebook that Mahindra has officially opened a window till 20th Sep for people with Z8 bookings to move to Z8L. Has anyone here heard the same?
Old 18th September 2022, 21:16   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
I had a Scorpio from 2005 to 2013 and xuv500 from 2013 to 2022. Now waiting for Scorpio N. In both my previous cars, no anti corrosion, anti rust etc done. No PPF or ceramic coating either. Both were perfect condition when sold. Only thing is car is parked in basement parking at night, that's good enough to keep it protected for its lifetime.

Glad to see someone having this experience and sharing as well. Same here with my 16 year old scorpio. No PPF/Coating, just TLC regularly. I will share the photos whenever I get time during this week.
Old 19th September 2022, 10:55   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post
Has anyone with Z8L AT 4x4 Online Booking (Price Protected) seen their status move beyond "Order under planning"? I am starting to suspect all 4x4 deliveries are being manufactured afresh only based on orders placed (and are not available in plenty at the stock yard already).
I booked Z8L 4wd AT at introductory price with delivery shown between 26th to 11th Oct, Its already in the city and the order status is under planning. There is a gap between digital and physical world...

Last edited by adzegeek : 19th September 2022 at 10:56.
adzegeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 11:23   #574
BHPian

I am curious about the Z4 variant production.
As per the delivery dates, Z4 production is next to Z8L production.

Mahindra might start Z4 variant production by October last or early November. So, can except some youtubers to make walk-around video of the Z4 variant then.

But how is the actual factory production going on, makes me curious. If production has begun since August, Mahindra is producing only Z8L variants and nothing else.
So, by end of October, they will put out Z4 variants along with Z8L I suppose

Last edited by dr_TJ : 19th September 2022 at 11:28. Reason: Added few sentences
Old 19th September 2022, 11:59   #575

I have the delivery of my Z8L AWD AT scheduled for the 26th of September. Paperwork and payments ongoing and my SA was gracious enough to offer a PDI

Things I noticed during the PDI
1) Lots of scorpio N with the dealer and their stockyard is full of Z8Ls
2) My car already has 110 km on the ODO. Reasons being apparent testing of cars by Mahindra for 40- 50 km before dispatch which in my opinion is a good thing and shipping of cars by train necessitating a drive to the dealership.
3) The reverse and front cameras still lag in the production variant. Was unable to make apple car play work although I didn't try much to be truthful
4) Car feels solidly built
5) Was blown away by the interiors of an alturas G4 in the stockyard. Leaps ahead of the Scorpio N with quality at super high levels and good kit. It had made me think as the price difference is not much between the two considering the discounts being offered. Some videos of the average dynamics of the car has brought me back to planet scorpio though

On a sidenote there are 40 cars to be delivered on the 26th at my dealership so have pushed mine to the 28th to avoid a rushed delivery experience.
Doc.coolbeans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 12:00   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Glad to see someone having this experience and sharing as well. Same here with my 16 year old scorpio. No PPF/Coating, just TLC regularly. I will share the photos whenever I get time during this week.
I agree and have similar experience - Had all three facelifts from mid-2000s - currently exchanging S11 4WD for Z8L 4WD AT. Never got any of these done and all three scorps had no problems with rust/corrosion. I used them extensively in fields as well.

I also find extended warranty useless - the only time I had to use a semblance of warranty was in slave-cylinder replacement in second facelift - come to think of it it was Mahindra's advisory to replace them irrespective of warranty.

I suspect that over these 3 generations, the ownership time is going down anyway, then makes sense to postpone the extended warranty if and only if needed - hopefully Mahindra will have full electric Scorp in 3 years time.
adzegeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 13:03   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.coolbeans View Post
I have the delivery of my Z8L AWD AT scheduled for the 26th of September. Paperwork and payments ongoing and my SA was gracious enough to offer a PDI

Things I noticed during the PDI
1) Lots of scorpio N with the dealer and their stockyard is full of Z8Ls
2) My car already has 110 km on the ODO. Reasons being apparent testing of cars by Mahindra for 40- 50 km before dispatch which in my opinion is a good thing and shipping of cars by train necessitating a drive to the dealership.
3) The reverse and front cameras still lag in the production variant. Was unable to make apple car play work although I didn't try much to be truthful
4) Car feels solidly built
5) Was blown away by the interiors of an alturas G4 in the stockyard. Leaps ahead of the Scorpio N with quality at super high levels and good kit. It had made me think as the price difference is not much between the two considering the discounts being offered. Some videos of the average dynamics of the car has brought me back to planet scorpio though

On a sidenote there are 40 cars to be delivered on the 26th at my dealership so have pushed mine to the 28th to avoid a rushed delivery experience.
Did you also check out the cladding near the sunroof? Has it been sorted in the production version?
Old 19th September 2022, 14:53   #578
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.coolbeans View Post
I
This is a bit concerning, were you able to confirm that the 40-50 kms did indeed happen at the Chakan plant? Was there any test drive sign off sheet from Mahindra inside the vehicle which proved this?

Anything above 50 kms is a bit odd and needs to be checked. It may be ok, but nothing wrong in checking with extra caution.
Old 19th September 2022, 15:27   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Anything above 50 kms is a bit odd and needs to be checked. It may be ok, but nothing wrong in checking with extra caution.
I follow a few FB groups and a couple of people who did PDI of their vehicle also reported more than 100kms on the odo which was attributed by their dealer to driving the cars from the railway station to the dealership.
Old 19th September 2022, 15:50   #580

Mahindra’s order status page is still under work in progress. My vehicle's delivery date is 26th Sep however the website shows “Order under Planning”. I checked with my dealer in Gurgaon as well however he too is awaiting further updates from Mahindra. Hope all goes well. Good luck to everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-sn.jpg  

Car Enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 15:52   #581
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
I booked Z8L 4wd AT at introductory price with delivery shown between 26th to 11th Oct, Its already in the city and the order status is under planning. There is a gap between digital and physical world...
I am guessing you booked from Hyderabad. I also have the same model with same delivery timeline. Which dealer did you select for the booking?
My booking was with Automotive and they are saying the car delivery will happen after 15th Oct.
Old 19th September 2022, 22:40   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Did you also check out the cladding near the sunroof? Has it been sorted in the production version?
Sorry, I missed out on checking that.
Old 19th September 2022, 22:50   #583

Quote:
This is a bit concerning, were you able to confirm that the 40-50 kms did indeed happen at the Chakan plant? Was there any test drive sign off sheet from Mahindra inside the vehicle which proved this?

The SA said all cars are being tested at the plant and the rest of the running is from manesar to the stockyard in kirti nagar. When i said that it is on the higher side he said upto 200km is the accepted norm. Interestingly the car had much more fuel than a new car usually has which he said is seen in cars shipped by rail.
Maybe its a sum of the running from testing, plant to station and station to dealer stockyard.
Old 20th September 2022, 12:38   #584
BHPian

Here's the situation I am facing. The dealer promised me 26th as the delivery date. Believing the dealer, I went ahead and processed my loan and the loan was disbursed. Now when I got in touch with the dealer about the delivery dates, he told me that they have received only 5 vehicles that too the variants Z1, Z2. I had booked Z8 L Diesel MT 4X4, so I asked him when I will get my variant. He told that the vehicle is yet to be dispatched. But when I track my vehicle through auto.mahindra.com then it shows that the vehicle is on it's way. I pointed out this to my dealer and he told that this may not be accurate.
So if I don't get the delivery between 26th September to 11th October then I will be paying my EMI without having the vehicle.
I got in touch with the sales manager of the dealership, even he is not aware about the wheareabouts of the vehicle. What should I do now? I am totally frustrated by the way dealer is handling the things.
sabsubs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 12:44   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Here's the situation I am facing. The dealer promised me 26th as the delivery date. Believing the dealer, I went ahead and processed my loan and the loan was disbursed. Now when I got in touch with the dealer about the delivery dates, he told me that they have received only 5 vehicles that too the variants Z1, Z2. I had booked Z8 L Diesel MT 4X4, so I asked him when I will get my variant. He told that the vehicle is yet to be dispatched. But when I track my vehicle through auto.mahindra.com then it shows that the vehicle is on it's way. I pointed out this to my dealer and he told that this may not be accurate.
So if I don't get the delivery between 26th September to 11th October then I will be paying my EMI without having the vehicle.
I got in touch with the sales manager of the dealership, even he is not aware about the wheareabouts of the vehicle. What should I do now? I am totally frustrated by the way dealer is handling the things.
Call M&M and seek clarification. They will be able to help you out on this.

Most Viewed