Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2022, 19:33   #46
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

We did three bookings in our circle.

1. Did it myself. No price protection. Proceeded with booking first second the button appeared, faced gateway error, completed the booking around 11:15AM.

2. Dealer. No price protection. This is for a friend. Booking message came at 11:10. Dealer could not secure prove protection.

3. Dealer. No price protection. Same dealer for another friend. Message came after 11:10 and there was no price protection.
SteeringWheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 19:47   #47
BHPian

This was my experience:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I had the Z4 Diesel - AT in cart since 11th July.

I was logged in from 11:57am & clicked on "Book Now" the moment it showed the red banner (While booking, in the beginning of the first 1 minute, the website had a Red Banner that said "Introductory Pricing for the first 25000 bookings"). Google-Cloud took 10-12 seconds to respond and threw up a "502 Bad Gateway" error.

Logged in again within the same minute and it still showed the same red banner, but again the same "502 Bad Gateway" error after clicking Book Now.

The third attempt within 11:01am , said "Price as per delivery will be applicable to you", still clicked Book Now, and IIRC I got an "504 Error - Timed Out".

IMO this is just a marketing gimmick and I can imagine them putting up promotions asif their cars got sold off like Xiaomi phone flash sale.

Tried again a few minutes later and still got the "502 Bad Gateway" error! This is really funny, don't they want to sell to customers willing to pay price as per delivery date ?

Edit : 11:25am "504 Gateway Time-out".
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I eventually decided not to book since I couldn't budget for unforeseen price jumps. (Even though I can wait for upto 15 months).

It really would be appreciable if he rises to resolve the issue, especially since they can easily slip away with their discretion & just choose to cater to higher variant bookings.
I wanted to book as I believe the price & features of Z4 Diesel AT were good.

I don't want to get into conspiracy theories because
A) Its just business for M&M, if Mahindra actually tweaked the booking algorithm to prefer Z8/Z8L bookings, they wouldn't have allowed Variant change with a 15 day window.

B) It is not as much a sellers market as is being made out to be. People paying 27-28L for a car will likely be able to stretch for other options and just chose to try their luck with Scorpion. Despite price protection, so many people cancelled their XUV7OO bookings just because of waiting period. IMO 60% of those 1L bookings are not going to materialise. 60% May seem high to someone, but I believe so.

C) Dealers will not be able to easily sell/Transfer their dummy bookings if Mahindra simply cross-checks the information and asks for documentation to be submitted by customers.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 1st August 2022 at 19:52.
WorkingGuru is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 19:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Got this reply via mail from Mahindara today.
How did you get this email? Today morning I received one email from Mahindra and Mahindra, opened it with lots of enthusiasm and hope that perhaps it would be something similar.

It turned out to be a notification for e-voting and 76th AGM!

Whether I get a Scorpio N or not, I wish Mahindra and Mahindra do extremely well, and give me some good dividends and their share continues upward journey.
Old 1st August 2022, 20:16   #49
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
If on the other hand, they realise I was indeed one of the first to attempt payment (I clicked the 'book' button the second it appeared), and so, rightfully, offer the launch price, will go ahead and switch to the ScorpioN, once my Thar lease expires in January.
I am in a similar situation; I booked the moment the "Book" button manifested, but the payment gateway failed me. I received my booking confirmation SMS at 11:21 AM and I am sure I am not one of the first 25,000. But it wasn't my fault. So, will we have a formal word from Mahindra on what Anand Mahindra said about considering the timestamp when the "Book" button was pressed? My whole buying experience was somewhat marred by the fact that even for buying a product worth more than INR 20 L, I had to wait in queue, compete and go through all the shenanigans akin to buying a 10,000 bucks Chinese phone from an e-commerce platform. The whole experience left me jaded.
Gooney is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 20:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
How did you get this email?
Post the blank payment page which mentioned the transaction id I wrote to customer care and attached the blank payment page.

I got this in reply to my mail.
FidoDido is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 21:16   #51
BHPian

Two links on the same website, lead to two different bookings, same website. One done by me yesterday (launch day), one may be entered in by the dealer today morning.

How is this possible, i never visited or called the dealer, seriously mahindra... I am upset how someone can just book on my name or phone number based on my cart details, without my consent. (it does not matter it shows payment failure for the booking from the dealers end)

Was not even interested but went ahead with the booking to get over the FOMO OCD, was half hearted due the curtain airbag fiasco, so planning to anyways cancel it as I have missed out on the introductory pricing due to the payment gateway outage.

Well you now know how they got 100000 bookings

https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings
Attachment 2340854

https://booking.mahindra.com/customer/bookings
Attachment 2340854
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-fail.jpg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-succ.jpg  

pandabear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 21:42   #52
BHPian

Scorpio N Press Release about Booking Numbers and Booking value is an assimilation of half truths.
I am reiterating my views here about (what now seems an intentional) Booking fiasco.

Real Beneficiaries:- By Mahindra's own calculation/ estimation methodology; out of 25000, not more than 300 Online customers would have booked in the first minute at introductory prices. Rest Intro price offers would have been booked by dealers; mostly for black marketing at a later date, with Dummy booking details. This is definitely not a problem for Mahindra, since they are not really bothered about how the coffers are filled.

Glitch:- Absolving the Booking website of any blame and attributing the cause of payment glitch during the most critical minutes to the Payment Gateway provider is outright unaccountability and obfuscation of responsibility. Since Mahindra already had the Add to Cart numbers with them, this likely scenario should have been simulated multiple times with the Payment Gateway before the Booking Day, to avoid any glitch. Anyone can see through this sham of a glitch excuse. The question that therefore arises is; whether the glitch was an intentional intervention that enabled Bulk booking by Dealers at the cost of genuine online customers.

Releasing the actual list of 25000 Intro price beneficiaries, with Dealer/ Online customer & Model break up (or)
Extending the Intro price to all those Dealers + Online customers, who booked in the first 30 minutes can be a transparent solution that Mr Anand Mahindra could consider; especially since 18000 Crores value in 30 minutes, as per Press Release,would have been calculated on Intro prices.

For a company that prides itself about "being different from others", when it comes to ethical pricing & transparent customer relations; Mr Anand Mahindra will have to relook and review what went wrong with the Booking process, "from the perspective of a genuine customer". But I doubt whether he has the time or inclination to introspect and make amends.
INDIAN_VAGABOND is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 23:10   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Judging by the booking fiasco observed today for Scorpio-N, a strong deja vu of what happened with the XUV 700 as well. Seems Mahindra hasn't learnt enough lessons with the way things went south for customers wanting to book the XUV 700 back in Oct '21. Also, the wild madness regarding "algorithm, price protection, dummy bookings, dealer malpractice" seems to have been carried forward from the XUV 700 to Scorpio-N as well.
You're right about the Deja vu feeling, its exactly how they scammed us with the XUV 700. M&M seems to have perfected the art of doing this huge hype and garnering bookings far in excess of what any other manufacturer does, far in excess of their own production capacity, and then laugh all the way to the bank with the huge advances. This then not surprisingly results in a huge appreciation in their share price. Yet inspite of their repeated successes in the last 2 launches, something smells rotten. And this thread exposes a lot of that rot in the first post itself.
Lalvaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 23:46   #54
BHPian

My brother booked a Z8L through Mahindra PPS on Kanakapura Road, Bangalore, and he got within the first 25000, with the introductory price. I booked through Anant Cars, but mine was Z8, and I didn't get the introductory price.

Mahindra had clearly stated that they will deliver the Z8L variants before other variants. So, the first 25000 vehicles are bound to be all Z8L variants. This is my firm belief. The pricing of all the other variants was a fake pricing, knowing very well that they don't have to commit to anything. This is so frustrating, and this is one car I had been waiting for, for almost a couple of years. Sigh.

Hope Mr Mahindra is happy.
Oreen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 01:45   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
This is so frustrating, and this is one car I had been waiting for, for almost a couple of years. Sigh.

Hope Mr Mahindra is happy.
This big daddy was teased couple of months ago and unveiled in June, 2022.

Similar SUV with engine, transmission and dimension, XUV700 was introduced in 2021.

And the latest gen. Thar with mHawk and mStallion engine+ AT etc. was introduced in 2020.

Then how come you were waiting for this "one car" for couple of years?

Get rid of this FOMO syndrome. We shall go for a really long and exciting drive in our existing car/ bikes or rent a big SUV and go for a day-out. Scorpio N is not the last possible car in this world.

By the way, business means numbers. Hence Mr. Mahindra must be happy now. Buy M&M shares, you will be happy too.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 02:07   #56
BHPian

The sheer maths of booking amount x number of bookings x number of months/years Mahindra will take to deliver these cars baffles me.

Rs. 21,000 x 1,00,000 = Rs. 2,10,00,00,000 (Rupees Two Hundred and Ten Crores)

Going by the delivery lead time standards of Thar and XUV7OO, even if Mahindra keeps this money for an year on an average and earns a nominal interest of just 3% after tax (just for discussion sake), they tend to make a profit of Rs. 6.3 crores just by way of interest, and considering the possibility of investing this money into more profitable instruments (read Mahindra Finance), this figure could be much much higher.

Not sure if I'm getting this right, but would love to hear if I'm missing something.
Revvman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 07:29   #57
BHPian

Could anyone who has cancelled an XUV booking, throw some info into the cancellation procedure and charges?

Would rather take a small hit on the wallet than proceed with a purchase which starts off with a shady process from the manufacturer itself.
crdi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 07:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
This big daddy was teased couple of months ago and unveiled in June, 2022.

Similar SUV with engine, transmission and dimension, XUV700 was introduced in 2021.

And the latest gen. Thar with mHawk and mStallion engine+ AT etc. was introduced in 2020.

Then how come you were waiting for this "one car" for couple of years?

Get rid of this FOMO syndrome. We shall go for a really long and exciting drive in our existing car/ bikes or rent a big SUV and go for a day-out. Scorpio N is not the last possible car in this world.

By the way, business means numbers. Hence Mr. Mahindra must be happy now. Buy M&M shares, you will be happy too.

Bro, anybody who follows the auto World knew the scorpio was coming. There were spy shots from ages ago. What's so surprising about that?

Also, not getting this car doesn't mean people have stopped driving around. I just did around 2000 km to Kochi, Kovalam, and Munnar in my old Duster. It has done a lakh kms and it is time to upgrade. So the anticipation and hope builds up, and frankly there's nothing else in the market at the 20-25 lakh range that i would want to buy. The Trailhawk is beyond my budget. This one ticks all the boxes. The booking has been done by the dealer but without price protection. That feels unfair because I had even paid money on Jul 4 to the dealer. Now I have no clue how much more I have to shell out or when. And yes mm shares are going up, am sure .
Oreen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 08:13   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Bro, anybody who follows the auto World knew the scorpio was coming. There were spy shots from ages ago. What's so surprising about that?

Also, not getting this car doesn't mean people have stopped driving around. I just did around 2000 km to Kochi, Kovalam, and Munnar in my old Duster.
It is not surprising how many duster owners (including me) are in the market to upgrade. It is time for an upgrade to Duster for those who bought first generation Duster and now that is already driven more than 1 lakh.

Rightly said, there isn't any worthy consideration which can fulfill the requirement of single family car with additional capabilities. Someone here suggesting upgrade to Jeep Compass must realise that it is way too expensive for someone who is considering Scorpio N as upgrade and may already be stretching the budget for that. Jeep isn't value for money IMHO

Last edited by rooster.ram : 2nd August 2022 at 08:15.
rooster.ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:09   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
Could anyone who has cancelled an XUV booking, throw some info into the cancellation procedure and charges?
For all those looking to cancel:

You can cancel free of charge after Mahindra communicates delivery dates for the few who will get this car this year. You get a full refund minus the transaction charges levied by the payment gateway. Please see this reply from Mahindra's official customer care handle on Twitter:
Attached Images

acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks