Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2022, 16:48   #601
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I have already tweeted the customer care. Will tag Mr. Anand Mahindra as well. Thank you.
Now relax and let the things unfold. If you want to see the fun, just let the dealer know that you have reached out to customer care and also tweeted their Chairman on Twitter.

In my experience, most SAs start from the premise that the customer is lame/novice/un-informed and try to take you for a ride. The moment you start sounding as an expert, everything changes.

I still remember the days, when Honda launched 1.5L iDTEC. I had to accompany some of my friends for their showroom visits. Since I was involved in the design (as a product manager) and supplied the Turbocharger, the SAs used to step aside when they heard my then employer name and only spoke about the commercials (nothing on the technical details)
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 16:57   #602
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to my bank car loan executive. He told me that, the dealership were calling him continously for disbursement of the fund. The dealer even told him that the car is ready. They called him so many times that he trusted the dealer. And he reached out to me for the final confirmation. I gave a nod and the fund was disbursed. Please note, the car dealership calling the loan agent continously to disburse the loan. Something fishy I suppose. Why the car dealership needs to call my bank's loan executive and put pressure on him.
The dealer can call the bank as many times as they want - no bank will disburse the loan without your confirmation. Without your nod, the bank won't disburse a penny to the dealer.
All dealers will want money in their accounts as soon as possible. But you should not have paid without checking the car in person. I hope Mahindra Customer Care is able to assist you in getting your car delivered on time.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 17:36   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I hope Mahindra Customer Care is able to assist you in getting your car delivered on time.
Hopefully yes. I got a confirmation that the customer care has forwarded my case to regional sales team. Hopefully the things get sorted out and I get my car on time.
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 17:46   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully yes. I got a confirmation that the customer care has forwarded my case to regional sales team. Hopefully the things get sorted out and I get my car on time.
Also, call your dealer and tell him you would like to speak to the Area Sales Manager. They are usually very hesitant in deferring cases to area sales teams. If you can talk to the area sales manager, I believe you will get a solution to this issue.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 20:51   #605

Stupid issue going on with my booking. I booked from Nagpur as I am eligible for BH number. Delivery is promised on 26th and loan process is completed but not disbursed. Now the dealership is calling me stating that my company ( i work for a big 4 firm) is not valid as there is no sign and seal. It is a digitally signed document and is the only document that the central HR provides. They forwarded me the form 60 of other customers which are handwritten copies and asked me to get in same format saying one line is missing and seal is missing

I feel that they have a potential buyer who is willing to pay premium to get the vehicle and are just trying to get me to cancel. My question is that is it possible to go through the RTO registration process on my own, and get the vehicle registered myself? Will the dealer let go of the vehicle in these cases if I go to them saying i will get registration done myself? Feeling frustrated as the date is so close but there is no confirmation from these guys since last 2 days.
blackfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 21:37   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
Stupid issue going on with my booking. I booked from Nagpur as I am eligible for BH number. Delivery is promised on 26th and loan process is completed but not disbursed. Now the dealership is calling me stating that my company ( i work for a big 4 firm) is not valid as there is no sign and seal. It is a digitally signed document and is the only document that the central HR provides. They forwarded me the form 60 of other customers which are handwritten copies and asked me to get in same format saying one line is missing and seal is missing
Ask them for the Policy document, where it says sign and seal is important. send them an email alongside Mahindra customer Care from your Formal Email ID. Also publish your ID Card with Stamp Paper.

Bonafied Letters are no longer provided in person. At the same time you can request your HR to provide you a physical sign and stamped letter. They can also not deny you sign and stamped Letter. Had to submit in govt office once and asked them firmly to provide or to mention on email that you will not provide a sign and stamp and I will take it from there. Else tell them you will get it registered yourself and get hold of agent.
Old 20th September 2022, 22:15   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
My question is that is it possible to go through the RTO registration process on my own, and get the vehicle registered myself?
As per the current rules, dealer cannot deliver the vehicle to you without registration. .Getting it registered on your own is a possibility
but the delivery of vehicle will happen only after registration and will be with the dealer till that time.

Suggest to get hold of outside agent and check on the paper work. If they say that digitally signed is accepted, you can escalate this matter to higher levels so that they either accept the digitally signed document or let you register the vehicle and provide them with challan/receipt so that delivery can happen.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 20th September 2022 at 22:19.
Old 21st September 2022, 07:34   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
As per the current rules, dealer cannot deliver the vehicle to you without registration.
Is that true? I see new cars with temporary registrations all the time in Gurgaon!
Old 21st September 2022, 07:51   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Is that true? I see new cars with temporary registrations all the time in Gurgaon!
You are right there. Temporary registration is valid for 1 month. This period also vary from state to state. I think it is 7 days in Maharashtra where as a month in NCR.

Moreover, it depends on the dealers. Many dealers don't allow temporary registration.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 21st September 2022 at 07:59.
Old 21st September 2022, 10:51   #610
BHPian

BH Registration is to be initiated from the dealer end as they have access to the portal. Before arguing with the dealer, explicitly enquire with someone in RTO if the access is available to common man. Just today, there is a news that close to 50 services are made online by Nitin Gadkari for RTOs to avoid hassle for the common man. Check on that as well. Even i have a digitally signed letter with seal pre printed on the BH letter i have availed in pdf format.
Old 21st September 2022, 10:52   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Also, call your dealer and tell him you would like to speak to the Area Sales Manager. They are usually very hesitant in deferring cases to area sales teams. If you can talk to the area sales manager, I believe you will get a solution to this issue.
Thank you acquillew. Let me try to get regional sales manager's number from the dealer. But I highly doubt that they would give this. I'll call the customer care number and find out if I can get it.
Old 21st September 2022, 11:56   #612
BHPian

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-eb4e8718bb904522864db7f648ed10d0.jpeg

Sold my first love this morning XUV 500 2015 driven 1.27 lakh kms niggle free. No mechanical work done other than regular maintenance. Even the clutch plate is unchanged, Hence my trust in the mHawk. Sold the car only because of the 10 year rule in Delhi, or else would have kept using it.

Got a good deal from mahindra, they price matched the quote I got elsewhere, and the amount was adjusted in my scorpio N.

Car has reached the stockyard and half of the down payment is done. The other half will be cleared till tomorrow.

The car will reach the showroom on 23rd evening. Honestly my whole experience from booking to salesman experience has been nothing short of excellent.

Timely communications, helpful staff, documentation collection on time, clarity of things happening. Hopefully the experience continues in service of the vehicle.

Last edited by kushgandhi : 21st September 2022 at 11:57. Reason: Spell check
kushgandhi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 12:13   #613
BHPian

Saw my scorpio today at dealer's. They are on track to deliver on 26th. I may delay the delivery due to unexpected travel which has come up.

Posting pics of sunroof as requested by fellow members. Also, tyres were from MRF.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img20220921104222.jpg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img20220921104229.jpg  

Last edited by alokk0912 : 21st September 2022 at 12:26.
alokk0912 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 13:20   #614
BHPian

Guys, anybody taking delivery of a Dazzling Silver vehicle in the early allotments ? Pls. Share possible exterior picks of the vehicle as and when you see it.
Old 21st September 2022, 14:20   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Saw my scorpio today at dealer's. They are on track to deliver on 26th. I may delay the delivery due to unexpected travel which has come up.

Posting pics of sunroof as requested by fellow members. Also, tyres were from MRF.
Thanks for the pictures Alok. I don't see the now famous 'exposed speakers' clearly in the picture. Did you manage to take a look and see if they are really exposed now or have they been covered? Thanks!
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks