Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 16:01   #616
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Thanks for the pictures Alok. I don't see the now famous 'exposed speakers' clearly in the picture. Did you manage to take a look and see if they are really exposed now or have they been covered? Thanks!
Speakers were not visible to me when I looked. I must say that I did not look hard enough in my excitement to get my hands on my vehicle and drive a bit inside the yard. SA was very welcoming and more than happy to indulge me.

I am also looking for feedback on MRF tyres. Have never had one in any of my vehicles. Please do share if any one has experienced them.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 21st September 2022 at 16:15.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 16:39   #617
BHPian

Hello ,

I am ( very ) late to the party and interested in making a booking , with a target of April/May 2023. Need some advice on the preferred booking channel to be made? Should I make the booking Online? or via a Dealer is more preferred?

PS - Dealer insists not to book online but to book via them only.

I am open to move away with the competition as well in case Scorpio N delivery gets delayed beyond April. No hard expectations here!

Any inputs appreciated!!
Old 21st September 2022, 18:47   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Now relax and let the things unfold. If you want to see the fun, just let the dealer know that you have reached out to customer care and also tweeted their Chairman on Twitter.

In my experience, most SAs start from the premise that the customer is lame/novice/un-informed and try to take you for a ride. The moment you start sounding as an expert, everything changes.
This worked. I Tweteed the customer supporrt yesterday. And today, in the afternoon I started getting calls from my dealer. First it was one of the sales executive and then the sales manager of the dealership called and told me that he is tracking my booking very closely. And current status is still "on the way". He told that within 26th I will get my Vehicle. And on 26th they will do a mock delivery for all the vehicles received till 26th. Let's see what happens from here on.
Old 21st September 2022, 19:50   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
This worked. I Tweteed the customer supporrt yesterday. And today, in the afternoon I started getting calls from my dealer. First it was one of the sales executive and then the sales manager of the dealership called and told me that he is tracking my booking very closely. And current status is still "on the way". He told that within 26th I will get my Vehicle. And on 26th they will do a mock delivery for all the vehicles received till 26th. Let's see what happens from here on.
Sorry, what is a mock delivery? If you are getting your vehicle delivered on the 26th, why would the dealer do a mock delivery on the 26th?
Old 21st September 2022, 21:31   #620
BHPian

Quote:
And on 26th they will do a mock delivery for all the vehicles received till 26th. Let's see what happens from here on.
Does mock delivery mean that you wont get delivery but vehicle will be ready at dealership without registration?
Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
I am open to move away with the competition as well in case Scorpio N delivery gets delayed beyond April. No hard expectations here!

Any inputs appreciated!!
You can try booking Z8L 2WD for an early delivery, they may keep delivering top end model. But thats a gamble looking at current production plan evident from the delivery dates for lower variants. All the lower variants deliveries are starting after December 22, so there may not be any production of top product. Any lower variant booked now is going to be later than mid 23.

So don't wait if you want to have vehicle ASAP, then go with whatever your next choice is, there is no certainty for Scorpio N deliveries and it is going to be late for anyone booking now.

By the way, my SA informed today quoting account of MnM Sales Manger that, 4WDs are not going to get delivered earlier than already declared dates. As per him, he showed my screenshot of price protected 4WD Z8L AT to the sales manager and asked about possible preponing by MnM. My delivery date shown is March 23.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 21st September 2022 at 21:33. Reason: Added details.
rooster.ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 22:08   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Any lower variant booked now is going to be later than mid 23.

So don't wait if you want to have vehicle ASAP, then go with whatever your next choice is, there is no certainty for Scorpio N deliveries and it is going to be late for anyone booking now.

Thanks for responding. I'm in no hurry and will be upgrading only by next April. However my question was whether there would be any difference in booking online vs booking via the dealer? Which is preferred? Thanks again!
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 22:15   #622
BHPian

There wont be any difference. It seems, MnM is controlling every booking tightly as of now. Dealer may offer you any cancelled/ ghost booking directly but thats not likely early on (say till Jan 23).
Old 21st September 2022, 22:46   #623
BANNED

Quote:
As per him, he showed my screenshot of price protected 4WD Z8L AT to the sales manager and asked about possible preponing by MnM. My delivery date shown is March 23.
How did you get such a further date for your Z8L 4WD AT of March 2023? Did you book it later (not 30th July) and not price protected?
Old 21st September 2022, 22:47   #624
BHPian

Quote:
All the lower variants deliveries are starting after December 22
Price protected Z4 deliveries start end of October/early November 22.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 09:13   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Hello ,

I am ( very ) late to the party and interested in making a booking , with a target of April/May 2023. Need some advice on the preferred booking channel to be made? Should I make the booking Online? or via a Dealer is more preferred?

PS - Dealer insists not to book online but to book via them only.

Any inputs appreciated!!
If you are not looking for Z8L, I would suggest to go ahead and book with dealer. For ghost and cancelled bookings, dealer will be able to support you. Mahindra seems to be having a tight grip on top variants - as seen on XUV700. While the L variants are closely tracked, many dealers have AX3 and AX5 variants available to offer to the next customer and Mahindra is not controlling these.

But you need to really pursue the dealer to support you for delivery before April'23. As things stand now, its a tight call to secure a delivery before April'23 considering the lead times.

Quote:
Perfect. Things vastly improve when you put your foot down and make them realize that you can escalate (when required). I would suggest you to maintain that hawkish stand till the time you get to lay your hands on the vehicle. This will help you complete the discussion on insurance (matching your quotes) and accessories (pushback if required). Will look forward to your delivery update and happy mile munching. Mine is also scheduled for 26th OR 27th - depends on RTO process

Last edited by atluri_rkc : 22nd September 2022 at 09:18.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 09:26   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post
How did you get such a further date for your Z8L 4WD AT of March 2023? Did you book it later (not 30th July) and not price protected?
Sorry, my bad. Mine is a Z8 and not Z8L.
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:23   #627
BHPian

Quote:
There wont be any difference. It seems, MnM is controlling every booking tightly as of now. Dealer may offer you any cancelled/ ghost booking directly but thats not likely early on (say till Jan 23).
To add, if you are looking for slightly less popular color, you may get lucky. My suggestion would be to book from dealer and discuss with the sales manager on options of early delivery. Yesterday, when I was in the showroom to check on my vehicle, I saw one person getting XUV AX7L D in less than 2 month as it was red color which is less popular. Also, it depends on the feedback of the first set of owners about the vehicle. If it is extremely positive sans any niggles, wait time will only increase and vice versa.

Also, sharing my experience of yard visit. Always recommended to check before payment. However, in the end we are at the mercy of the dealers as you will have to wait for at least a week before the RTO formalities are done even after we have seen the vehicle and done our own PDI. Their yards are completely filled and in fact overflowing. Fingers crossed that vehicles will be taken care of.

Funny part was that even the keys were not marked and my SA got a bunch of keys and tried with each one of them till there was a beep in my car. I will recommend to check the VIN number and the documentation thoroughly before it goes for RTO passing. Any issues in name, address, Insurance (including hypothecation as they miss sometimes) or VIN number will be a nightmare to sort out. All dealers will be overwhelmed with the number of deliveries once Navratras kicks off.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 22nd September 2022 at 11:37.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:10   #628
BANNED

Has anyone with a confirmed booking been able to log into the Adrenox App to check the whereabouts of their ScorpioN car? Some folks have been saying that if KYC is done, one can log into this App and check its location.

Any further news on the grand even on 26th? Most dealerships are still playing cat and mouse and not giving details about when the vehicle will arrive at their stockyards, have the vehicles been billed to them, PDI etc. There was a news that billing would happen on 20th Sep, but has not happened so far.
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:38   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post
Has anyone with a confirmed booking been able to log into the Adrenox App to check the whereabouts of their ScorpioN car? Some folks have been saying that if KYC is done, one can log into this App and check its location.

Any further news on the grand even on 26th? Most dealerships are still playing cat and mouse and not giving details about when the vehicle will arrive at their stockyards, have the vehicles been billed to them, PDI etc. There was a news that billing would happen on 20th Sep, but has not happened so far.
Not the same case in Pune. My dealer says that they have received 70 cars in their yard and working on deliveries starting 26th. I checked my car yesterday in the yard.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:39   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
I am also looking for feedback on MRF tyres. Have never had one in any of my vehicles. Please do share if any one has experienced them.
Not an extensive real world experience. However, in slush conditions, this was my feedback - Link (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review)
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks