Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:29   #631
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

One quick query regarding Insurance. This is what I received from one Insurance company. The agent said that since everything is covered, I don't need "Return to Invoice". Is this correct? Is there any added advantage of taking "Return to Invoice" add-on to this? It is an additional 5.5 K approx

Can someone help me out with the right information/suggestion?

Name:  Policy covers.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  76.5 KB
chipsnchops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:58   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Here goes, within a day or two from "Order under planning" to "Vehicle production" to "Ready to shipped" to "On it's way". Wow that was Gods speed.
As per the tracking website for Mahindra Scorpio N, the vehicle was dispached on 3rd of September but till date the status is showing as "On it's way". Does it take so many days to get to the dealer? I have put across this question on all platforms. I Tweeted Mahindra and they in turn got in touch with the dealer and it was a dead end, no concrete answers from dealer. Now the General Manager and the sales rep are not happy with me since I got in touch with the Mahindra directly. I tried calling the GM today and he did not pick the call, likewise I tried calling my sales rep and he told that I can talk to GM or to the company directly about my grievances. I am confused about my next action, as the dealer is not helping nor the customer support. Where do I voice my concern? Any thoughts from fellow members would be appreciated. My happiness has been crushed
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-latest-screenshot.png  

Last edited by sabsubs : 22nd September 2022 at 16:04. Reason: To add picture
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 17:32   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
It is an additional 5.5 K approx

Can someone help me out with the right information/suggestion?
You should definitely get the "return to invoice" cover. In case of a mishappening like total loss or theft, insurance will pay the full amount back which was paid by the car owner as per the invoice.
BTW, from where did you get this quotation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
As per the tracking website for Mahindra Scorpio N, the vehicle was dispached on 3rd of September but till date the status is showing as "On it's way". Any thoughts from fellow members would be appreciated. My happiness has been crushed
This is not done. Just visit the showroom and ask them what all the fuss is about. ideally, you should have been able to see the car at this time. Going to the showroom is your only option for now.
shikh_oberoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 21:40   #634
BANNED

Which part of Insurance of a car covers loss/damage due to water flooding a basement? The insurance policies always say "due to natural calamities". In some cases, it says "man made calamities".

Also, some insurance companies are providing insurance for electrical and non-electrical accessories. Here, one needs to punch in an amount ourselves and in some cases, they even ask a breakup of the amount (music system = 50K, headlights = 25K and so on) which one needs to enter on our own (guesswork?)
LearnerForLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:51   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
If you are not looking for Z8L, I would suggest to go ahead and book with dealer. For ghost and cancelled bookings, dealer will be able to support you.
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead with booking via the dealer. However one thing that bothers me is that , the Dealer says there will be 10% cancellation charge if I choose to cancel in future and that the free cancellation is valid only for 3 months from date of booking.

Can anyone shed some light here? Is this true? I do not remember seeing any such thing on the mahindra portal as well.
Old 22nd September 2022, 23:03   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead with booking via the dealer. However one thing that bothers me is that , the Dealer says there will be 10% cancellation charge if I choose to cancel in future and that the free cancellation is valid only for 3 months from date of booking.
Cancellation fee was always there for all MnM bookings, MnM waived it off only for Scorpio N bookings. It is categorically mentioned on MnM portal while cancelling Scorpio N booking. However now this may have been imposed for non price protected bookings.
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:21   #637
BHPian

Sharing this PDI video. Roof speaker is exposed from sunroof side. This is a July manufactured unit.
rooster.ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:32   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
You should definitely get the "return to invoice" cover. In case of a mishappening like total loss or theft, insurance will pay the full amount back which was paid by the car owner as per the invoice.
BTW, from where did you get this quotation?
Thank you so much. I will surely add on "return to invoice". I got this from Reliance General Insurance. If you want I can share the full quote. Without R2I, it comes to Rs 71,608, and with R2I, it comes to Rs 80784. Please do let me know.
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:34   #639
BHPian

I have never owned a car with sunroof so not sure of the finish in other cars but to me atleast from the top the Scorpio N sunroof seems to have a lot of rough edges. The way the fabric is mounted looks unfinished. Also, considering the premium that M&M is charging for Z8L as well as the priority this version is being given, as a customer I would expect to get one from a fresh batch and not the July batch.
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:58   #640
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
I have never owned a car with sunroof so not sure of the finish in other cars but to me atleast from the top the Scorpio N sunroof seems to have a lot of rough edges. The way the fabric is mounted looks unfinished. Also, considering the premium that M&M is charging for Z8L as well as the priority this version is being given, as a customer I would expect to get one from a fresh batch and not the July batch.
Good point. BTW, does the sunroof compulsorily close when the car gets locked? This is a big tension for me specially if its left open and it rains or or theft or some animal gets in and makes itself cozy

Atleast if the car will not lock if the sunroof is open, this will be a big relief.
Old 23rd September 2022, 16:48   #641

In Bangalore, is anyone aware where is the delivery scheduled to happen on 26th Sep. I was talking to my SA and even he was not aware of exact location as they haven't been communicated the details.

Also, as per my dealer - they haven't received any accessory for Scorpio N yet and it might take another 10 days for it to reach dealership. Is it the same everywhere ?
Old 23rd September 2022, 17:27   #642

Solved the issue with form 60. At the dealer level they were not having enough knowledge and were pestering me to match the other guys. I insisted to get a confirmation from RTO inspector and there the dealer guys got scolded as it was all in order.

Due to this my delivery is now delayed and not on 26th as informed earlier.
Old 23rd September 2022, 18:10   #643
BHPian

The PDI of the vehicle was done today, and post inspection I gave the green light to the bank to disperse off the loan.
PDI went smooth and the staff was accommodating. I drove the car a little in the garage checked all the sensors and battery.

The main points I kept in mind was to check for any rust or scratches for a July manufactured car, and also for any naughty rat troubles, since the car was parked for a few months.
Although these aren't things to worry about as a big company like Mahindra is experienced in this, it's always better to double check.

The car was in nice shape, already decorated for the delivery day.

Some points I discussed and noticed:-

1. No Apple carplay in my car, hope the year long wait XUV owners had wont happen here.

2. Sunroof speaker issue was dismissed by the salesman as he says Mahindra has really well tested the vehicle in extreme terrains, I don't buy it and think this is an issue that should be fixed. Incase Mahindra rectifies it in the later production models ill do it definitely.

3. Exposed ac motor below the dash is not that big deal as even with legs stretched it wont touch you but it is lower than other cars for sure and an eye sore.

4. The car comes with apollo apterra ht2, had apterra AT2 on my xuv for a good long run so i am confident in this tyre. But as soon as companies will introduce the 245 size in ATs I'll definitely go for it.

5. Manuals kept in the showrooms had wireless charging(Although i know it only comes in At 4wd) this car has a rubberised storage area.

6. The car was silent as compared to my XUV 500 loved the feeling while it was on.

7. Engine bay is spacious and easy to access things, one thing that didnt impress me was the length of the sump guard. It isnt long enough as compared to the engine bay. For the 4Xplore i think we need some proper under body protection kits.

8. 182 KMs was already on the odo of the car. This is the most for a car that I am purchasing. But the advisor told me that the stockyard is about 50 km from the showroom.

Overall really happy and cant wait for the car.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_3553-copy.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_3554-copy.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_3556-copy.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_3557-copy.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_3563-copy.jpg
kushgandhi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 21:22   #644
BHPian

Has anyone whose car is scheduled for delivery next week heard about completion of registration process?

I understood from my dealer in Mumbai that Mahindra is yet to share the prices (even the introductory prices) with Vahan portal and so registrations are not happening. I am still checking if this is for all the variants or my variant. Technically, the deliveries will start from 09/28 as per dealer.

Just wanted to corroborate the above version.
Old 23rd September 2022, 23:23   #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Has anyone whose car is scheduled for delivery next week heard about completion of registration process?

I understood from my dealer in Mumbai that Mahindra is yet to share the prices (even the introductory prices) with Vahan portal and so registrations are not happening. I am still checking if this is for all the variants or my variant. Technically, the deliveries will start from 09/28 as per dealer.

Just wanted to corroborate the above version.
My car has been registered today in Delhi and I have received a registration number from Vahan via SMS. Delivery is for monday provided the HSRP arrives.
Doc.coolbeans is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks