Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.57%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.55%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 10 4.90%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.67%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 28 13.73%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.59%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2022, 01:35   #646
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post

4. The car comes with apollo apterra ht2, had apterra AT2 on my xuv for a good long run so i am confident in this tyre. But as soon as companies will introduce the 245 size in ATs I'll definitely go for it.
There is one Maxxis 255/65R27 AT-980 tyre. Is this suitable for Scorpio N on 17 inch steel rims/ alloys?
RijuC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 10:49   #647
BHPian

Should I go for the Antitheft Alloy Wheel Lock Nut from the dealer? Would this be cheaper in the market? Is there any advantage of taking it directly from Mahindra?

Please share your thoughts. They are charging Rs 6000 for it.
chipsnchops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 11:07   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
As per the tracking website for Mahindra Scorpio N, the vehicle was dispached on 3rd of September but till date the status is showing as "On it's way". Does it take so many days to get to the dealer? I have put across this question on all platforms. I Tweeted Mahindra and they in turn got in touch with the dealer and it was a dead end, no concrete answers from dealer. Now the General Manager and the sales rep are not happy with me since I got in touch with the Mahindra directly. I tried calling the GM today and he did not pick the call, likewise I tried calling my sales rep and he told that I can talk to GM or to the company directly about my grievances.
Here goes the next part of the story. All of a sudden I got a call from my dealership manager, he said that my vehicle will be delivered by the 28th of this month. After two or so hours, my sales rep, shared with me two screenshots (he deleted those immediately after I had seen the screenshots), one showing current location of the vehicle is and the other screenshot containing details about the vehicle like engine no, chassis no, VIN, dispatch date & expected ETA ETc.,

As per auto.mahindra.com tracking, my vehicle was dispatched on the 3rd however now if you see the situation, as per my sales rep & the screenshot that he shared, the vehicle was dispatched a couple of days back.

So what I understood is that the vehicle tracking feature for the end user is just hogwash. Why should Mahindra provide a tracking system to the end user that is of no use at all and the tracking information is totally incorrect.
sabsubs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 12:17   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Should I go for the Antitheft Alloy Wheel Lock Nut from the dealer? Would this be cheaper in the market? Is there any advantage of taking it directly from Mahindra?

Is your area prone to thefts ? If not, this should not be required. You’ll always find some solution in after market shops if you really feel the need.
rahulya007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 16:34   #650
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Has anyone observed the position of tow-hook?
Now that we are close to deliveries, has anyone noticed the position of tow hook?
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 00:27   #651
BHPian

Hello All, This is my first post on this forum - really happy to be a part of this esteemed group of automotive enthusiasts.

So I'm in the queue to get the delivery of Scorpio Z8L AT 4WD Diesel, did the PDI today at India Garage , Whitefield Bangalore. Vehicle is July Manufactured , no apparent signs of rusting or scratching otherwise, ODO had 93kms on it and the stockyard is about 36kms away from the showroom (vehicle was brought to the showroom for PDI), I was able to verify using the Adrenox App on my phone but no indication of the first 57 odd kms but the SA said its due to vehicle being moved between stockyard - loading yard and I didn't make a fuss about it.
Question - Tyres are MRF Wanderer and are heavily weighted(wheel balancing)- is that normal ? noticed the same in other Scorpio N's and even with XUV 700's parked for delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-tyres.jpeg  

NerDriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 01:32   #652

Quote:

I have opted for these as I foresee a huge demand for the alloys of Z8/Z8Ls in the grey markets littered in and around NCR once the other variants start coming in.
By the way, ask for a discount on the accessories. I got a 10 perccent concession. Have opted for the above, the mats , mud flaps and the pedal highlights
Doc.coolbeans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 10:01   #653

Updates from the last few days.
Booking was in wife's name and she wanted the vehicle to be registered in my name ( honestly i don't know why), hence got the loan approved in my name.
Dealer had told name change should be possible and asked for aadhaar, marriage cert etc
Checked out the vehicle in stockyard (sanity test kind of PDI )
Loan disbursed on 20th.
On 21 I was told that when the dealer tries to create invoice in my name and the s/w apparently has blocked the name change! So had to raise a customer case, Dealer also sent mail to Mahindra and after three days of waiting, they were able to generate the invoice in my name on 24th evening.
Was really a stressfull situation as loan had been disbursed and if name change could not have happened, then we had to cancel the loan and take a new one.

The dealer has told that registration will be done on 26 Morning and there will be a small function in the evening where they will do a bulk delivery of cars (as some members had mentioned). I am highly skeptical if the registration can be done in the morning and vehicle delivered in the evening. It will be some kind of dummy delivery I feel.

Anyways, a small suggestion to others who have booked, please don't go for the name change.
And a general question: Should the loan be disbursed after generation of invoice or before ?

Thanks!
Aerosmith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 12:33   #654
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

There is a cap right next to the left reverse lamp on the bumper. This cap needs to be removed to fix the tow hook. It is a screw in type that you get with cars, it is not welded to the frame like in the old Scorpio. You will probably get a screw in tow rod/hook as part of the tool kit. Couldn't notice the location on the front, if it is there it must be hidden in the opening under the number plate area. The old exposed type tow hooks are done away with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Now that we are close to deliveries, has anyone noticed the position of tow hook?
SteeringWheel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 14:41   #655
BHPian

First glimpse of Grand Canyon Color in ScorpioN. Mahindra should have released atleast one vehicle of this colour. Would have contemplated shifting to this Colour during the change window.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-86cb2ba9eef743d49398f0e5509052ff.jpeg  

rahulya007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 14:53   #656

Same happened with me, the dealership told me that the car was allotted to me and to deliver the car on 26th i need to get the payments done so I went with partial loan and paid the dealership. Once payment was completed, SA told me that it's difficult to deliver the vehicle on 26th as it's in transit. I have booked Z8L D AT 4WD, and the delivery date on the website is 26th sept to 11th Oct. I went and met th GM of the dealership and he checked and found out that the car is in transit and had no clue when it will arrive. My question to him was the same, who is going to pay the interest for the delayed days.
Thanks to you for the information on auto.mahindra.com, will check the status of my car,.
My kids were very excited about the delivery on 26th sept. But now they are sad, hope to get the car as soon as possible.

Thanks
Mustang17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 19:41   #657
BHPian

Guys, majority of the Scorpio N buyers are acquiring this lovely SUV out of their passion for good cars. Hence, to make the buying and delivery process smooth, pleasant and memorable; please have patience and arrange the disbursement of money only after ensuring the arrival of the car at dealership stock yard. There will be delivery challan received, transit insurance documentation etc. There must be a goods receipt note (GRN) or similar document once they receive it. Try to check these documentation or the car physically. Once money is transferred to dealership account, we loose negotiation power entirely. And the banks/ financial institutions also should not release the disbursement without verifying all these documents. It is a wrong practice by them to release the money to dealership on demand . Mostly, the banks say this is the norm in automobile business or law of the land. Nothing doing, shoot a complain email with all details to bank vigilance and banking ombudsmen through the proper channel defined for every bank/ financial institutions. You will get back the loan amount within the TAT (once this happened to me 6 years ago).

Please remember, it's your hard earned money. And you shall have full control of the process of money transfer to the dealership.

Have a wonderful delivery experience from tomorrow onwards.

Last edited by RijuC : 25th September 2022 at 19:50.
RijuC is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 20:33   #658
BHPian

Best wishes to all members who will start getting their deliveries from tomorrow onwards. Please keep sharing your initial experiences as you start enjoying your new drive.

I have to push my delivery by a week due to business travel. Hoping to get it by dussehra. For a change, dealer is all set to deliver my vehicle anytime this week!!

My experience at least with my dealer so far has been fantastic. Ofcourse, there were usual push for early payment before vehicle arrival and all that, but nothing which could not be sorted with a firm push. In fact their yard guys were kind enough to do a quick wash of my Thar when I was looking at my scorpio.

While we all have escalation mechanism at our disposal and it works in case of Mahindra, my experience so far has been to build good rapport with the dealership folks and that is good enough to take care of any issues. May require few trips of their showroom and yard but helps in the end.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 06:38   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got anti theft locks for my Cross from Farad for 3.2k.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 09:42   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
Updates from the last few days.
Booking was in wife's name and she wanted the vehicle to be registered in my name ( honestly i don't know why), hence got the loan approved in my name.
Dealer had told name change should be possible and asked for aadhaar, marriage cert etc
Checked out the vehicle in stockyard (sanity test kind of PDI )
Loan disbursed on 20th.
On 21 I was told that when the dealer tries to create invoice in my name and the s/w apparently has blocked the name change! So had to raise a customer case, Dealer also sent mail to Mahindra and after three days of waiting, they were able to generate the invoice in my name on 24th evening.
Was really a stressfull situation as loan had been disbursed and if name change could not have happened, then we had to cancel the loan and take a new one.

The dealer has told that registration will be done on 26 Morning and there will be a small function in the evening where they will do a bulk delivery of cars (as some members had mentioned). I am highly skeptical if the registration can be done in the morning and vehicle delivered in the evening. It will be some kind of dummy delivery I feel.

Anyways, a small suggestion to others who have booked, please don't go for the name change.
And a general question: Should the loan be disbursed after generation of invoice or before ?

Thanks!
This registration is the temporary one that comes in the red sticker. They just need the Engine and Chasis number for that. It is done in all vehicle deliveries. I had taken a two-wheeler (thinking that I would get the Scorpio N only next year). Even for that, when I was to collect the vehicle, they give the number marked against the vehicle on the spot. You have to get a proper registration in one month's time normally.

Regarding delivery, it will not be a dummy delivery. They were to have the function in the morning initially, Then they called up and said that it has been shifted to 3 pm because the full payments from all had not been received and they do the temporary registration process only after they receive the full payment.

They have created one decorated pandal-type thing that can hold one vehicle. So they should be doing the deliveries one after the other.

Most Viewed