Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 10:54   #661

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

A quick update from my side - Black Z8L 4*4 was supposed to be delivered today from Safderjung, Delhi.

-12th September - I was told that vehicle with chassis number N6H969** was assigned. I was told that the vehicle was at the yard and the full amount was demanded.
-13th September - I requested a PDI the next day and was then told that the car was in fact not at the yard but was at the Mahindra factory waiting to be shipped. 50% advance was demanded which I refused pending PDI
-16th September - I was told that I would have to give an advance of 1 lakh to 'block' the vehicle. I refused pending PDI
-18th September - An invoice was raised with accessories charge and expensive insurance. I requested modifications to the quotation (no accessories and insurance)
-21st September - Revised invoice was shared with revised insurance and no change to accessories charge. It was confirmed that the car was at the yard. I requested for PDI
-22nd September - Relevant IDs were shared
-23rd September - PDI was arranged by the dealer at the showroom and not at the yard

PDI - upon inspection of the vehicle, the following five items were highlighted by me. The vehicle had 70.9 kms on both Trip Meters A&B and 70 on the odometer

- Both front tyres were visibly worn - the kind of wear that comes with at least 1000 kilometers of driving. Rubber was peeling off from the outer side of both tyres

- The right front tyre was visibly damaged as happens when rubber chunks come off the tyres when driving off road

- The roof line and buttons on the front side of the vehicle were very messy and stained

- There was a permanent black spot on the overhead button console

- There were swirl marks all over the vehicle. A new vehicle with a new clear coat will not have so many swirl marks

I got a call from the dealership soon inquiring that if they changed the front tyres, would I take delivery of the vehicle? I requested them to formally communicate this to me on email, with the assurance that the stains and scratches would be taken care of.

As soon as I requested for an official communication, the dealer said that they will allot the car to someone else and I will now have to wait for some other unit for which there is no timeline.

Have sent an email to Customer care. They have arranged a call with Their area sales manager Mr. Singh. Lets see what he says.

PS The dealership thought that a PDI according to me was just to check that the vehicle was the colour and variant that I booked. Should have seen the SA's face when I showed him a checklist
sunilonwheels is offline   (64) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:59   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
First glimpse of Grand Canyon Color in ScorpioN. Mahindra should have released at least one vehicle of this color. Would have contemplated shifting to this Color during the change window.
This looks identical to the Mystic Copper shade of the Thar. I am not sure why they gave it a different name with the ScorpioN. While the color blends well on the Thar, it does not go so well on the ScorpioN. It seems too strong.
Old 26th September 2022, 12:13   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilonwheels View Post
The dealership thought that a PDI according to me was just to check that the vehicle was the colour and variant that I booked. Should have seen the SA's face when I showed him a checklist
Name and shame such dealers!
rodeoz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:20   #664
BHPian

Quote:
A quick update from my side - Black Z8L 4*4 was supposed to be delivered today from Safderjung, Delhi.

As soon as I requested for an official communication, the dealer said that they will allot the car to someone else and I will now have to wait for some other unit for which there is no timeline.

Have sent an email to Customer care. They have arranged a call with Their area sales manager Mr. Singh. Lets see what he says.
Sounds like they were trying to sell you a demo car/TD vehicle. Good of you for conducting a thorough PDI of the vehicle. I know of people who are so eager to get their hands on the vehicle that they have not requested a PDI.

I am in a somewhat similar situation as you. Was contacted by the dealership about 10 days back that N6**** has beens assigned to me and I will get the car on the 26th. I said OK and got my finances sorted with loan sanctioned ready (but not disbursed). I was asked "Sir, gaadi dekh kar hi payment karoge sir? Ho sakta hai ki 26th ko gaadi na mil paye fir". I made it extremely clear that I won't make a payment till I have seen the car in person. Since then, my car is in transit. I have told the dealership that they can take as much time as they want but I will take the car after thorough inspection.
acquillew is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:26   #665
BHPian

Quote:
I get really agitated and angry after hearing about such experience.

Please do keep posting your actions as it would help others.
shubh001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:05   #666
BHPian

Did you take any photos? Will be helpful for others to look out for the same.
shikh_oberoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:24   #667
BHPian

Well the wait is over for me. The Big Daddy is here.

Asi previously told my experience with the dealership Malwa Mahindra has been brilliant.
Excellent sales staff the finance department was very quick and pro active plus the delivery experience was icing on the cake.

The executive asked me yesterday when do I wish to take the delivery and I promptly replied “the first one” they asked me to reach the dealership by 9:30 and i was there 5 minutes earlier. The documents were taken care off. I inspected the car one final time checking any differences between odo readings from the PDI
And other small things like the tool kit.

After everything the whole staff came down and gave us a grand delivery experience.

So happy for the delivery will soon post my driving impressions and first service experience on the review forum as i am planning a trip to the mountains this Saturday.

A few shots of the morning.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-17cff40c8ff741c78c9e62526dc99a8a.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-f2064fab460a4aa98f995a7be244926f.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-c9e062a1896949108e33933b31d7a42c.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-9763d1b064204afdafa30b8ff126b402.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-f7d374514a114d7bafbbc8177c51502e.jpeg
kushgandhi is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 14:38   #668
BHPian

congratulations on delivery of your Scorpio N. First one on this forum!!!
Enjoy your drive to the fullest.
rooster.ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 15:25   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Sounds like they were trying to sell you a demo car/TD vehicle.
Weirdly enough, I am pretty sure that it is not, in fact, a demo vehicle. The frequent contact surfaces have zero scratches, chassis and engine were both manufactured in August and the struts/suspension / visible underbody had absolutely no wear!

Since it was raining cats and dogs, I was unable to take any pics. The whole attitude at the Koncept / Synergy dealership was one of absolute apathy.

Update on the case:
The area sales manager did call me today. Nice and polite chap - heard me out and gave me the option to choose a different chassis. Also offered to have the tyres replaced if I was willing to accept the same chassis to which I said that I had already confirmed this to the dealership. The only problem was that the dealership was unwilling to assure me that the same would be done. He has said that he/someone from his team will get back to me by the evening.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th September 2022 at 16:26. Reason: Broken quote tags
sunilonwheels is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 16:25   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Kush!

Perhaps you should remove all other vehicles around and give this one more space in that parking

Enjoy your ride and do patiently answer all curious questions from here as well as people whom you meet everywhere.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 17:08   #671

Hi All,

I took the delivery of my 4X4 Auto Z8L D AT this morning at 0700 hours.

We actually had been kept updated right from 10 Sept about the vehicle progress. Got a call the day the Lorries arrived at Storage Yard in Chandigarh around 6-7 days ago and the vehicles were just being off-loaded when we arrived there with our Sales Rep. They searched for our vehicle, took me to it and matched the VIN against my name on a list & also then matched it to the VIN on the vehicle just to satisfy me.

Then I asked for keys which took ages as there were lots to search from, they let me sit in the vehicle and inspect it and drive it around the yard. Total reading 7 kms. Took some expert friends, and was satisfied that the vehicle is a new and clean piece.

Then when the vehicle arrived at the Workshop for prep last noon, they again rang to inform me that it had come for prep as I had told them I will detail the interiors myself. So, I went there & cleansed, detailed the interiors myself.

Thereafter last evening we moved the vehicle to the Showroom and did final paperwork. I have paid everything cash down & no finance.

As I had requested quick delivery, they called us in at 0650 hours today and delivered the vehicle at 0700 hours. We left home at 0640 and were back home at 0725 with the vehicle. I love Chandigarh, just makes life so much better being here.

For the two Sales gentlemen, I took some gifts. So when they gave us the key, I too gave them the gift. That was a nice feeling. Very good fellows and did a great job, did not miss a single call from me over the past 8-10 days. In case they were busy, would always ring within 2-3 minutes.

Total kms at time of delivery:14 on the odometer. Distance from yard to workshop/ showroom, exactly 6 kms.

Great experience at Harbir Mahindra Chandigarh. Fuel for 150 kms was already in vehicle.

The agency GM was a super professional fellow. He was looking over/ under in & out of each vehicle himself. Running from showroom to workshop, briefing his staff. Just managing the whole show pretty much flawlessly. Was running around yesterday like a headless chicken.

So the vehicle is now at home and all is well, I hope this vehicle remains niggle free. I hope things go well, being a Toyota/ Isuzu customer I am a bit nervous about Mahindra.

Thank you and wish everyone safe driving

Some pics at Showroom this AM and at the yard on approval.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220926-06.55.14.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220926-06.55.15.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220926-03.22.07-1.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220921-07.22.49.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220921-07.22.51.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220921-07.22.52-1.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220921-07.22.52.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220921-07.22.53-1.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220921-07.22.53.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220921-07.22.54-1.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20220921-07.22.54.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 27th September 2022 at 05:05. Reason: veh -> vehicle; Rule #11
TEJSINGH is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 17:18   #672
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEJSINGH View Post
Hi All,
I got the delivery this morning 0700 Hr's for the 4X4 Auto Z8L D AT. Total reading 7 Km's.
Congratulations! 7 KM on the ODO is amazing. Did you check your VIN and decipher which month of manufacturing? July, Aug or Sep?

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...facture-vin#p4
Old 26th September 2022, 17:57   #673

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post
Congratulations! 7 KM on the ODO is amazing. Did you check your VIN and decipher which month of manufacturing? July, Aug or Sep?

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...facture-vin#p4
Many thanks @LearnerForLife. It's Aug 2022 Manufactured.
Old 26th September 2022, 18:30   #674
BHPian

Quote:
I love Chandigarh, just makes life so much better being here.
My sentiment exactly probably have left N number of HR baffled when Location is a constraint to refuse Job Offers comes there way especially in today's Market.

Heartiest congratulations, mine Z8 4x4 is from Raj and they are least bothered. Delivery in Mar'23 plus their attitude made me Switch to Safari though haven't cancelled my booking
iskandariya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 19:06   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks @LearnerForLife. It's Aug 2022 Manufactured.
Congratulations brother…wishing you happy miles n miles with the vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks