Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2022, 20:28   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
I guess now it's time for coatings. There is Ceramic coating, Grafene coating, and PPF. I spoke with one (3M) and the guy said there is only ceramic coating and Grafene and all is just a marketing gimmick. Said it would cost around 32K.

He also said that I should get a PPF done along with ceramic coating and that it would be lifelong. The cost of PPF would be close to 2 Lakhs for the entire car and more than 25K for just the bonnet.

Can someone please share their experience with these coatings and also the cost?
I have ppf coating on my 8yr old silver Elantra. I have it on front and rear bumpers, mirrors, tip of the bonnet/boot lid, lower portion of the doors and door edges only. Its saved my car from serious scratches in heavy traffic many many times. I had a pretty big dent on rear left corner on the bumper and got it fixed okay even with the film on it.

Worth it if you can spend that money. It cost me close to 23k back then at 3M. Down side, you can't fix the paint if scratches are deep and the film turns yellowish over years even if you have covered parking.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 21:02   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
There are many reputed FNGs with maintained paint booths which will easily do 4000rs a panel. And why will anyone go for full body paint within 10 years?

If one has taken Zero Depreciation and consumables add-on, there's no need for any safety protection.

This accident happened in crawling traffic(5kmph)because of my fault. Look at the amount I paid to the insurance vs the total bill.

What if I had taken the PPF worth 25k for the bonnet?

Anyways, my point is you can get it repaired from the service center or even the guys you suggest that do a factory-type paint job with insurance.

Please do come to Delhi, your freshly washed car will be covered in dust within 2 hours
The things you mentioned are not for cities with so much dust and pollution. And I wouldn't lose 2 lakh rupees worth of resale for painted panels.
What you say is not entirely wrong but not entirely correct either. Anyways, this is a subjective matter.

What you mentioned is an accident case for which you had to get the bonnet replaced possibly for which you made an insurance claim thereby loosing the NCB. Though it could be a comparatively small amount.

PPF mainly saves from the minor scratches that take place owing to regular use, wiping, washing and those swirl marks and scratches that come in traffic situations. If a panel has deep scratches or gets damaged in accident, PPF can’t help.

Which state in India has no dust it is everywhere in this country. Though the cost of painting as you mentioned could be less per panel, it would still be a hassle and the pain to see scratches on a brand new car is always excruciating. Rest is upto every persons choice and decision.
rahulya007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 22:06   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
That is what is called a sad ending of XUV story. It hurts.

By all means, the car mostly be delivered 2-3 months earlier. So it may be possible that March delivery is preponed in December, and that will hurt more. See the above post from 84.monsoon. I have the same delivery date as March 23.

Thar/gurkha are bare bone in their current versions. IMO, there will not be as many creature comforts added to Thar to compete with Scorpio N , similar to what they did by eliminating features from XUV to scorpio n. Gurkha in five door reminds me of Trax taxi so I wont even check out. Jimny is bound to be underpowered going by MS standards.
Happily NO change to my booking till as of few minutes back.
Incidentally, I've also now received the Estimated Delivery Date for my second booking which is currently September-October 2024!! So i have more flexibility.

I am very clear should Mahindra push me for an accelerated delivery i will simply go for the Cancel Option. As it is i haven't quite had enough of my current ride, which is going strong!

Regards, Thar being bareboned, frankly, since none of them are going to be my First Vehicle, and i require it the vehicle for local use in the mountains and for exploring the high mountain trails , if the interiors and features are at par with the present 3 Door variant, i am pretty much Okay with it. As for Jimny being underpowered, having extensively driven it's erstwhile ancestor in the Army, the Gypsy, extensively and in almost all types of terrain ranging from desert to high Himalayas, im afraid I'm unable to agree with your assertion. The Jimny is truly a very capable 'Go Anywhere' Vehicle ! Which is why it is so sought after by Off road enthusiasts abroad.
And lastly, if none of these vehicles work out, i have a contingency plan in place to pick up an overhauled Maruti Gypsy from the Army Disposal. There is a friend of mine who transforms these interpid vehicles literally ! And customises them per individual needs and requirement! And best is they don't cost a bomb!!
theZULU is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 22:45   #709
BHPian

Quote:
I guess now it's time for coatings. There is Ceramic coating, Grafene coating, and PPF. I spoke with one (3M) and the guy said there is only ceramic coating and Grafene and all is just a marketing gimmick. Said it would cost around 32K.

He also said that I should get a PPF done along with ceramic coating and that it would be lifelong. The cost of PPF would be close to 2 Lakhs for the entire car and more than 25K for just the bonnet.

Can someone please share their experience with these coatings and also the cost?

As I am getting Black color, I started my search for solutions to protect the color and increase its life. Ceramic and PPF were on my list. PPF is any day preferred over Caremic but I was think of Ceramic because PPF if out of my budget. Then I found a youtube video where the owner of a black Harrier expained how the PPF detailing companies are fooling consumers and suggested buying PPF and getting it wrapped at home by some professional.

I checked indiamart and found good self healing PPF around 18000/roll.

I got quotation from a Delhi based firm for X-Guard self healing film S.Korea made. The roll is 5ft X 15 meters, cost Rs. 23000 and comes with 5 years cracking warranty. Ideally one roll should be enough for Scoripio N.

If you can find some professional to wrap you car, probably at your home then you can save a lot. I am thinking to go this way.

Hope it help!
unpopulrxplorer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 00:04   #710
BHPian

On one side I see all happy faces with their big daddies getting delivered , On the other side is me and my booking with updated delivery date of Dec 2024.( Beyond 2 years).

So many things could happen by then.

In 2 years of time , I'm pretty sure the cost of then Z6 D AT will be more than today's Z8L D AT.

In 2 years of time. There could be a facelift in itself. Or even worse:diesels banned which means I'm never even sold the product for ever.

This seems even worse that futures trading.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_2022092723441246_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Old 28th September 2022, 10:23   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
As I am getting Black color, I started my search for solutions to protect the color and increase its life. Ceramic and PPF were on my list. PPF is any day preferred over Caremic but I was think of Ceramic because PPF if out of my budget. Then I found a Youtube video where the owner of a black Harrier expained how the PPF detailing companies are fooling consumers and suggested buying PPF and getting it wrapped at home by some professional.

I checked indiamart and found good self healing PPF around 18000/roll.

I got quotation from a Delhi based firm for X-Guard self healing film S.Korea made. The roll is 5ft X 15 meters, cost Rs. 23000 and comes with 5 years cracking warranty. Ideally one roll should be enough for Scoripio N.

If you can find some professional to wrap you car, probably at your home then you can save a lot. I am thinking to go this way.

https://Youtu.be/q4oavd34fFw

Hope it help!
Thank you for the video. Will surely go through it and explore.
Old 28th September 2022, 10:43   #712
BHPian

I have an interesting observation with Scorpio N. Good or bad is up to you.

It is about the rearview mirror. I am tall (I guess 6 ft is considered tall in India). When I sit in the driver's seat, my eyes are exactly at the level of the rearview mirror. This means, I dont need to look up even an inch to see the rearview mirror. So I end up being more aware of the traffic behind than usual because even when I look at the middle of the windscreen, the first thing I notice is the rearview mirror.

Now the challenge is that it also obstructs the view of the traffic which is on your left side. This becomes a slight issue when you are at a junction and there are bikes and cars coming from all over from the left side. I have to either lean forward or look under the mirror to get a complete view.

I may get used to this and should not be a major issue once I get used to it but right now, I could feel it very clearly esp in peak traffic. Here are the pictures. These were taken at my eye level.

This is how it is when I take a turn
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-rear-view-mirror-01.jpeg

This is when I sit slightly slouched
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-rear-view-mirror-02.jpeg

This is when I sit upright(which I normally do)
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-rear-view-mirror-03.jpeg
chipsnchops is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 10:58   #713
BHPian

Quote:

..... <snip>

Attachment 2362599

Attachment 2362601

Attachment 2362602
I think the driver's seat is set at the highest driving position. You may want to lower it since you are taller than an average user.
salilpawar1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 11:04   #714
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2362599

Attachment 2362601

Attachment 2362602
I am just guessing that you may be sitting at the tallest level of seat height. Have you tried lowering the seat height? I am 5"11 myself but did not seem to have faced this while doing the TD.
Old 28th September 2022, 11:32   #715
BHPian

Quote:

It is about the rearview mirror. I am tall (I guess 6 ft is considered tall in India). When I sit in the driver's seat, my eyes are exactly at the level of the rearview mirror. This means, I dont need to look up even an inch to see the rearview mirror. So I end up being more aware of the traffic behind than usual because even when I look at the middle of the windscreen, the first thing I notice is the rearview mirror.

Now the challenge is that it also obstructs the view of the traffic which is on your left side. This becomes a slight issue when you are at a junction and there are bikes and cars coming from all over from the left side. I have to either lean forward or look under the mirror to get a complete view.

I may get used to this and should not be a major issue once I get used to it but right now, I could feel it very clearly esp in peak traffic. Here are the pictures. These were taken at my eye level.

Attachment 2362599

Attachment 2362601

Attachment 2362602

Exactly my observation as well, even i am 6ft.
Had the same observation on particularly my 2nd test drive when i took a inner route and had to look around corners.

I did not adjust the height at that moment as i was comfortable with everything else except this visibility part.

Let us know if moving the seat down helps.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 12:32   #716

Quote:
Hi, you can take a look at this video for more info on PPF vs Ceramic Coating.

Also, if you plan for PPF, you can check out GARWARE brand products. This is an Indian brand and costs less than other imported ones.
If you are worried about bonnet dents, you can have a bug deflector fixed as an alternative for PPF.
insas1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 15:34   #717

Is anyone from Bangalore facing issues in registration ? My dealer is saying the vahan portal is down since yesterday for paying road tax. I am finding is quiet absurd and hard to believe.

Thanks!
Old 28th September 2022, 16:43   #718
BHPian

I completed PDI of my Black Z8L 4EXPLOR AT at dealer stockyard today. The car had 16 km on ODO. Tyres are MRF Wanderer A/S. Completed payment and have opted for the following accessories from the dealer:
  • Front and rear bumper protector/diffuser
  • Bumper corner guards
  • 3D Mats
  • Metal pedal covers
  • Illuminated scuff plates
  • Mud flaps

Buying TATA Insurance on my own and not opting for an over-inflated dealer quotation. Delivery on Friday.
acquillew is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 17:25   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I completed PDI of my Black Z8L 4EXPLOR AT at dealer stockyard today. The car had 16 km on ODO. Tyres are MRF Wanderer A/S. Completed payment and have opted for the following accessories from the dealer:
  • Front and rear bumper protector/diffuser
  • Bumper corner guards
  • 3D Mats
  • Metal pedal covers
  • Illuminated scuff plates
  • Mud flaps

Buying TATA Insurance on my own and not opting for an over-inflated dealer quotation. Delivery on Friday.
Can you share the quote here? How much are illuminated scuff plates for ? They are not yet updated on m2all i guess. Only non illuminated ones are available. Want to have a look at how the vehicle looks post installing the bumper corner protectors.

Anybody configured alexa to start the car remotely? May be from home at least ? If yes, do share your experience. My car is yet sometime away but my alexa has been delivered
rahulya007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 19:09   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Can you share the quote here? How much are illuminated scuff plates for ? They are not yet updated on m2all i guess. Only non illuminated ones are available. Want to have a look at how the vehicle looks post installing the bumper corner protectors.

Anybody configured alexa to start the car remotely? May be from home at least ? If yes, do share your experience. My car is yet sometime away but my alexa has been delivered
The total is about 18000/-
Here is a link to the illuminated Scuff plates on M2mall:
https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...-variants.html

Some of these accessories will be available next week so will go to the dealers to get them fixed. I haven't seen the bumper corner protectors in real life either. But in the images it looks decent. They are black in color and I am hoping they will diffuse with my black color car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks