Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 11:27   #736
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MealReelWheels View Post
Hi all,
I have a dilemma and need your opinions. TIA!

My Z8 Petrol 7 str AT Napoli Black is price protected but scheduled for delivery in May-Jun 2023 (as per the tracking details on M&M's portal).
Since this hasnt been moving and I was very disappointed with the timelines, I met my SA yesterday who offered to transfer a canceled booking of Z8L Petrol 7 str MT Napoli Black. The difference isnt much between the two variants as the Luxury is offsetting the Manual Transmission. Since my city driving is very limited and the gears seem smooth enough, I dont mind MT and should get the attractive ROI from Mahindra Finance at 6.99% - lower than my current home loan! But, it will cancel my price protection which seems a big risk in case the dealer is playing some dirty tactic to get more money.

Moreover, the dealer is asking to pay by end of Sep citing that the price is going to increase, if I want to keep the existing pricing (which is still at introductory level and yet to increase).

Do you find it fishy in anyway? What details should I seek from the dealer to minimize risks, if any.
Hello, in all likelihood- you will get the delivery much before time going by what I’m seeing and feedback from Dealer and other folks who booked. Somehow Mahindra portal is not as accurate as it should be and dealer has more visibility on the whole process. I would recommend sticking to your original booking but then again if the dealer wants to play smart and push you into taking this other vehicle or any other vehicle(in the name of cancellations), things will be a bit complicated for you. Heavily depends on the dealer here and your excitement to own a new vehicle (which the dealer uses to manipulate).

I got a call yesterday for a dealer made booking which has no price protection - they said a vehicle is available now (Z8L AT D 4WD forest green) and we can go for it . He hadn’t checked his records that I’m already taking delivery of the same vehicle via booking that I made myself and got price protection.

Another point about Mahindra Finance : I enquired with my friends in banking sector and they warned me going against NBFC( non banking financial companies ) that they don’t fall under RBI’s purview in case of any disputes , I didn’t do extensive research on that point though and didn’t verify what they said because I trust their judgement but went ahead with taking loan from SBI - they offered 7.85 reducing . It’s a personal opinion , just sharing my 2 paise
NerDriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 13:16   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Now it's time to get the permanent registration done. This is the document that you should get from the dealer. I'm just pasting the text here. You have ONE Month to do the permanent registration after which a late fee will be applicable.
Sir,
Correct me if I am wrong, If the dealer is registering the vehicle at RTO, we don't have to collect form 20, form 21 and form 22 ?

Thanks.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 29th September 2022 at 16:14. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 29th September 2022, 13:38   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
IMHO, this is much ado about nothing. Booking amount is generally a fraction of the invoice amount and no one pays the full price in advance.

Don't like the pricing tactics and the waiting period of a car, buy a different car.
Agree. All this noise is only because deliveries are delayed and people were possibly expecting deliveries immediately as they paid the booking amount which doesn’t work this way…
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 14:12   #739
BHPian

My SA at Royal Motors Kolkata called up yesterday saying he is receiving a Z8L D-AT 4WD in Napoli Black this week. He asked me if I was interested in taking it. My originally scheduled delivery was between 2nd Nov - 2nd Dec '22.

He said he can "reserve" the vehicle for me if I can prepay 3-4 lakhs. I flat out refused to pay a single dime till I have checked the vehicle myself.
I told him to call me only when he has the vehicle ready for PDI, I will come to the showroom/yard and do the PDI, pay the entire amount, and take delivery of the vehicle.

Anyway I was hoping to avoid the initial production lot. However, just checked and found my expected delivery date has been preponed to 15th-30th Oct
Old 29th September 2022, 14:40   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
IMHO, this is much ado about nothing. Booking amount is generally a fraction of the invoice amount and no one pays the full price in advance.

Don't like the pricing tactics and the waiting period of a car, buy a different car.
Agree. Just count the fraction of money those thousands of customers pay. It's a lot of money. You can buy a car of your choice but just because there is demand, these kind of practices do not make it justifiable.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 16:07   #741
BHPian

My booking was supposed to be delivered between 26 to 13 Oct but the online system has now changed and it's moved to 13 Oct to 20 Oct. While it's just a week's delay, I wonder if it will move further ahead. I'm not sure if this is only for me or has moved for others too.

It might also be because of my color choice of Dazzling Silver, no one has seen that car till date and i assume very few people have booked it.
Old 29th September 2022, 16:21   #742

I'm unable to log in to AdrenoX and With You Hamesha Apps since day 1.

For AdrenoX, getting an KYC not updated error while Hamesha app shows only my XUV500 that was sold earlier. While adding ScorpioN with Chassis number it gives an error showing the mobile number (shows different number on screen) and chassis are not linked.

According to dealer, they are getting errors while billing some ScorpioN vehicles and the issue is escalated to Mahindra. Every time I call they say it will be sorted within day or two. Have escalated this to Senior Manager of the the dealer today. I don't want to shoot up a mail to customer care at this point of time as this might adversely impact the SA who otherwise gave an excellent service from test drive to delivery.

Has anyone in the forum faced similar issues?
Old 29th September 2022, 18:21   #743
BHPian

I completed all formalities today and also did RTO. Yes, there is an issue with Vahan where it logs off the agents. But a little persistence from the Mahindra RTO agent was all it took to get it done. He took about 15 minutes to complete my RTO process. I was with him the entire time and he did mention that Vahan was not very responsive the last couple of days.
Old 29th September 2022, 22:15   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
My booking was supposed to be delivered between 26 to 13 Oct but the online system has now changed and it's moved to 13 Oct to 20 Oct. While it's just a week's delay, I wonder if it will move further ahead. I'm not sure if this is only for me or has moved for others too.

It might also be because of my color choice of Dazzling Silver, no one has seen that car till date and i assume very few people have booked it.
That is odd. A couple of users posted on Facebook that their delivery dates for Z8L were, in fact, brought forward by a couple of weeks (both black colour). Could be a colour issue or a location issue. Have heard from several people that MnM is facing some transport challenges.

Considering Z4 deliveries start in November, I would expect most Z8Ls to be delivered in October.
Old 30th September 2022, 09:12   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post

I am one of them who have booked. Mine is Z8L D AT 4x4 scheduled in Jan-Feb 2023. Do share pics as and when you get to see yours. Apart from a glimpse in foto shared of stock yard by tbhp member here, I too have not seen the DS. Neither does my SA.

May be owing to some logistics issue, the delivery dates could have been pushed ahead. I see no change as there are couple of months in between.
Old 30th September 2022, 11:39   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Can you share the quote here? How much are illuminated scuff plates for ? They are not yet updated on m2all i guess. Only non illuminated ones are available. Want to have a look at how the vehicle looks post installing the bumper corner protectors.

Anybody configured alexa to start the car remotely? May be from home at least ? If yes, do share your experience. My car is yet sometime away but my alexa has been delivered
I have installed the Illuminated scuff plates and they look very nice and classy. Don't have a picture of that yet. Will try to take one at night and show you.

I was not able to get into the settings of the infotainment. So the delivery person took my car to upgrade the software. Should get it today.

I am seeing a marked difference in the aftersales approach of Mahindra. I lost count of the number of calls that I received from them for the following

1. At least 3 calls asking for feedback on the delivery and dealer experience. The last one was from the Area manager.
2. One call for Adrenox
3. A separate call for "With you Hamesha" app download and configuration
4. Multiple calls from a delivery executive with respect to the car experience and documents hand over

And there were a few more miscellaneous calls, all connected to Scorpio N delivery and experience
chipsnchops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:03   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
As I am getting Black color, I started my search for solutions to protect the color and increase its life. Ceramic and PPF were on my list. PPF is any day preferred over Caremic but I was think of Ceramic because PPF if out of my budget. Then I found a Youtube video where the owner of a black Harrier expained how the PPF detailing companies are fooling consumers and suggested buying PPF and getting it wrapped at home by some professional.

I checked indiamart and found good self healing PPF around 18000/roll.

I got quotation from a Delhi based firm for X-Guard self healing film S.Korea made. The roll is 5ft X 15 meters, cost Rs. 23000 and comes with 5 years cracking warranty. Ideally one roll should be enough for Scoripio N.

If you can find some professional to wrap you car, probably at your home then you can save a lot. I am thinking to go this way.

https://Youtu.be/q4oavd34fFw

Hope it help!
I did watch this video and also got in touch with the guy. He is Nick Zeek (Nikhil) and he is a YouTuber and car detailer. He is a businessman dealing with all these. He imports these films from Korea and then gets customers through his videos (Has close to 23K followers on his channel) and has tied up with various installers in all states. He then couriers these rolls to them and gets the job done for customers.

I got in touch with him and he was quite forthcoming and told me that I can get it done in Hyderabad. His installer is very far from where I stay. When I told him that, he went slightly into convincing mode about how important this is, etc (which any business owner would do). He even said that this can be done at home, which I personally don't agree with. I think this needs to be done indoors in a controlled environment where there is minimum dust and other particles in the air.

Incidentally, I also found out about STEK from their website and I pinged them and got their authorized installers in Hyderabad. They gave me two names and I got in touch with both of them. Both quoted the same price per sqft. One person needed my car for 5 days while the other needed it for 3 days. I think the second one has a much larger space, infrastructure, and manpower. I will be going with the other one. I don't mind giving the car for 5 days since it's about the next 5 to 7 years. Very knowledgeable guy and he's worked with BMW and Mercedes for many years. This is a new business for him.

When I told him that I was part of team-bhp, there was instant recognition and respect. So hats off to everyone here who has built a reputation over time. Takes a lot of effort to reach this level.

I will post pre and after pictures and all other details of my PPF coating. Driving to Pune the day after. I will update on that as well.
Old 30th September 2022, 12:28   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share the quote here? How much are illuminated scuff plates for ? They are not yet updated on m2all i guess. Only non illuminated ones are available. Want to have a look at how the vehicle looks post installing the bumper corner protectors.

Anybody configured alexa to start the car remotely? May be from home at least ? If yes, do share your experience. My car is yet sometime away but my alexa has been delivered
Here is an illuminated scuff plate for you. Looks very classy and neat.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-illuminated-scuff-plates.jpeg
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:44   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Here is an illuminated scuff plate for you. Looks very classy and neat.

Attachment 2363298
Thanks Brother. I assume the light is white and the Red N glows. Were u present when it was installed ? I just wanted to understand if they used a connector pin to tap the wires under the side board trim or just spliced it ?
Was this installed in showroom or after market ?

Can you share the per sqft cost you got for PPF? And the overall cost ? Do share the after installation fotos.

Last edited by rahulya007 : 30th September 2022 at 12:46. Reason: Added text
Old 30th September 2022, 16:39   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Brother. I assume the light is white and the Red N glows. Were u present when it was installed ? I just wanted to understand if they used a connector pin to tap the wires under the side board trim or just spliced it ?
Was this installed in showroom or after market ?

Can you share the per sqft cost you got for PPF? And the overall cost ? Do share the after installation fotos.
You are right about the white light and red N glowing. Looks very classy. Not over the top. I was not present when they installed it. All fitments were done before they handed over the vehicle. They had told me that I could be present but I was busy that day. It was installed in showroom itself.

The cost per sqft for STEK is Rs 650. The exact cost I will come to know only once I give it. No one has done for ScorpioN yet. So not able to commit to the exact price. I am expecting it to be around 2 to 2.2L for the whole car.

They also have one that comes with 10 years warranty but that is around 900 or 950 bucks per sqft

I will get it done after my travel (that ends on 5th).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks