Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2022, 11:36   #856
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
After requesting cancellation, the booking amount of Rs 21000 was refunded to the original payment source (i.e. Bank Of Baroda savings account).
My payment was through credit card. Didn't get back any refund so far. I cancelled the Z4 AT Petrol on 30th October.

Quote:
November end is approaching soon, what is the status? Mine is in Jan but it says, “Order under planning”.
For the Diesel Z4 AT with delivery date range of 5th Dec, 2022 to 4th Jan, 2023; the status on booking portal shows "under planning". However, I have received one email few weeks ago from the dealership for the same CPD and a paragraph stating there could be 2-4 weeks delay due to ongoing supply chain issues. This email communication was from the dealership sales manager and not directly from Mahindra and Mahindra (some members reported that they received communications directly from Mahindra and Mahindra).

Request to other BHPians who made the booking amount payment through credit card and cancelled later on: whether you have received the refund amount. And, is there any particular procedure to contact the dealership or Mahindra and Mahindra customer care or it automatically gets refunded?
Old 11th November 2022, 11:38   #857
BHPian

Quote:
November end is approaching soon, what is the status?
No further updates. The dealer has not contacted me with any details. I don't mind delay of few weeks considering that by now few common niggles are known to the company and gives them time to sort these niggles out. On the other hand, Z8 L variant is readily available as M&M over estimated the demand or due to cancellations. Mumbai dealer was asking me to cancel the Z4 and go for Z8 L which he had in stock.

Last edited by greenoval : 11th November 2022 at 12:04.
Old 11th November 2022, 12:14   #858

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
Anybody knows whether there is some traction on Z6 delivery timelines?
My Z6 Manual (price protected) is scheduled for March-April timeline and hasn't moved once ever since booking.

What makes me anxious is that I read a user review on FinancialExpress for Z6 Auto.
Have Z6 deliveries started already?
Same here, Z6 MT schedule for March-April 2023. But they have not even started production of Z4 as per the dealer. Also their are people who have booked Z4 and their schedule delivery had changed few times on the portal. It has been Preponed for some and Postpored for some.
gaurav6464 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 17:05   #859
BHPian

Going by the initial promised timelines, Z4 deliveries should have started at the start of November. I know someone whose promised delivery date for Z4 has been pushed three times and is end of November now. Then there are people like me whose promised delivery date has been brought forward by a month from December end to 18-25 Nov. The dealership has no idea about Z4 and none has been allocated to them either. In one of the FB groups someone mentioned that Z4 production started this week but not sure how true that is.

Unless the online dates move out of sync with actual production on ground, we should see some Z4 deliveries in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited by rodeoz : 11th November 2022 at 17:06.
Old 11th November 2022, 18:50   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
I have scorpionN in waiting Z8 AT 4*4 but went with Safari XZA+ once 4*4 was out of picture.
Just to give perspective of why My 4*4 was out of picture and helped me decide beyond the initial hype.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img20221111wa0010.jpg
Xtreme perspective to scorpionN
iskandariya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 11:58   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerDriver View Post
Hello - Yes i have installed DDPAI Mola N3 Pro Dashcam in my Scorpio N ( not hardwired). Had to use the only USB port below the infotainment Unit to power the dashcam ( front and back).
Thanks, mate!
(1) Can you please share some pictures to help me understand the cam positioning, how neat the set up looks overall etc.?
(2) If possible a video to share the video clarity and the area coverage (road, nearby vehicles)
(3) Also, was the cable length enough or did you have to use an extending cable?
(4) Did you go for the rear camera too? Since I have an unused 12V plug in the back, I am thinking of buying two single channel cameras (instead of buying one dual channel) and keep the wiring simple (and shorter). Thoughts?

Frankly, I am confused between hardwired (biggest concern of void M&M warranty, if that's really the case) and USB (dangling wires, not so clean set up, parking mode).
Old 14th November 2022, 12:26   #862

Hello All, I got to drive my D Z8L 2WD last week from Mumbai to Bangalore and back. Felt so happy to finally hit the highway as I had only been driving the car within city limits so far.

The Car is just awesome to drive on the highways, we were 6 of us (4 adults and 2 kids) so space wasn’t an issue. The seats are really comfortable, but the 3rd row is definitely not meant for adults.

Knowing that we have limited storage space, i opted to pack in duffel backs instead of small trolly suitcases. We placed some bags in the boot an some on the 3rd row seat, leaving enough space for one individual to occupy the 3rd row.

#BigDaddy eats up bad roads as if they just don’t exist, specially while doing 3 digit speeds the car just glides over bad roads or patches.

The cruise control works perfectly fine and I did not see the avg consumption drop, it infact kept improving whenever I engaged it.

One thing to highlight is the drowsiness detection, not once did my steering vibrate nor did I see any warning on the same even when I was feeling a little drowsy post lunch.

So not really sure how or when this is supposed to wake the driver up.

Another thing to point out is that this car is a head turner for sure, gave me a feeling of being celebrity 😝 because of the way people turn around and stare .

The breaks have enough bite to slow you down when needed and the cabin is really quite even when the music system isn’t working.

The only major turn off was getting ALEXA to respond and play songs you wanted, as most of the time she wasn’t able to connect to the internet.

Not that ALEXA works seamlessly in the city.

So friends who are waiting for their #BigDaddys, you really wont be disappointed once Daddy arrives.

Cheers,
Ameya
ameyagaje is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 00:46   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
Just to give perspective of why My 4*4 was out of picture and helped me decide beyond the initial hype.
Attachment 2378290
Xtreme perspective to scorpionN
Sorry, but I am completely missing the point here. First you say that once 4x4 was out of the picture, you chose the Safari XZA+ instead. Then you post the picture of a Gurkha and a Scorpio N and say that it helped you decide to put 4x4 out of the picture.

Are you saying that you decided that nothing but a hardcore 4x4 would do, and then went on to switch to a FWD soft-roader? Because that sounds strange. However, to each his own, I guess.

I would argue that while the Scorpio N would definitely lose out on hard core off-roading to a Gurkha, simply because they are built for different use-cases. The Gurkha's raison-d'etre is to be the best off roader you can buy off the shelf, and to do it at a good price, even if it involves some compromises.

Meanwhile, the ScorpioN is an SUV that you can take off-road and still not have to compromise on stuff like engine power, convenience, AT, comfort, modern electronics and even modern looks. The 4x4 adds another dimension to the vehicle and takes it to another level, especially since it is a proper 4WD with low-range and locking diffs. And if you watch the several videos on youtube, you see that it does rather well considering that it isn't a pure off-road focused SUV. And even if you take away the 4x4, you have a powerful, tough, BOF, RWD SUV with a very tall stance and a huge presence.

It's perfectly OK to switch to a Safari or Harrier from a Scorpio, especially considering the waiting period and the offers that you might get on these cars, but I don't think it's fair to say that without the 4WD, you might as well get the Safari or even the Alcazar, or further down, a Carens or XL6 because it is essentially the same, just because the Gurkha exists.

Coming back to the thread topic, I double-checked my booking because I am getting impatient and other Z4 customers here seem to be getting theirs this month itself. I was hoping for some movement, but nothing yet, Still shows planning stage and the same Jan-Feb date for delivery.

It is still highly frustrating that all of us who have been waiting for months after booking the lower variants can't even get a proper idea of what we are waiting for, after paying the booking amount. Sadder still that they can't even show a 3D model on the site of the specific variant 3 months after the launch. How about a proper configurator to add accessories? I know it must be rosy when you have more than a couple of years worth of bookings in hand for a 15-30 lakh vehicle, but still..
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 16:02   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Sorry, but I am completely missing the point here. First you say that once 4x4 was out of the picture, you chose the Safari XZA+ instead. Then you post the picture of a Gurkha and a Scorpio N and say that it helped you decide to put 4x4 out of the picture.

Are you saying that you decided that nothing but a hardcore 4x4 would do, and then went on to switch to a FWD soft-roader? Because that sounds strange. However, to each his own, I guess.

I would argue that while the Scorpio N would definitely lose out on hard core off-roading to a Gurkha, simply because they are built for different use-cases. The Gurkha's raison-d'etre is to be the best off roader you can buy off the shelf, and to do it at a good price, even if it involves some compromises.
Earlier I had planned to take ScorpionN on my camping trips as well, once the expedition and exploration aspects of Himachal and Uttrakhand forest was decided to be done in Gurkha Xtreme itself then ScorpioN made little sense. Rest all the items that tick my box are in Safari.

Also Xtreme was already in the stable .

Also ScorpioN vs Gurkha Xtreme pic was in response to other Pics being posted for ScorpioN dimensions vs others this was clicked in respected to the Tag line being used by Mahindra.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 16:21   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
My revised delivery date for Z4 is 18 November - 25 November. I spoke to my SA and he informed me that no Z4 has been allocated .
Do you have any updates on your booking?

Even I am unhappy with how Mahindra has played this. Manufacturing just the top-end variants and asking people with Z4 variant booking to book the top variants

There are no real-life pictures of the Z4 variant and no one has received delivery of Z2 variant. A foolish decision by the top management.
shikh_oberoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 19:00   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Do you have any updates on your booking?

Even I am unhappy with how Mahindra has played this. Manufacturing just the top-end variants and asking people with Z4 variant booking to book the top variants

There are no real-life pictures of the Z4 variant and no one has received delivery of Z2 variant. A foolish decision by the top management.
Same is the case with the Z8 M variant. It has steel wheels, instead of alloys, which directly impacts the riding dynamics of the vehicle. And it costs only 2.5-3 Lakhs less than the top variant. But in this case too there is utter negligence from Mahindra in providing an experience and information about Z8 variant.

It seems too much to lose for a VFM car!
Old 15th November 2022, 19:34   #867
BHPian

Have a booking for Z6 DAT with tentative timelines of late 2024. Got a call today from dealer offering a ready delivery for Z8L DMT / Z8L PAT.

Also was told that probably from Jan 2023 Z6 variants might start.
Old 15th November 2022, 19:34   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Do you have any updates on your booking? .
No update. Portal still shows Order under planning and dealership has no idea about Z4. None has been allocated to them.

Edit: Unless they seriously ramp up production I don't see people getting anything other than Z8L prior to their promised delivery date. In case of Z4 even the promised date has lapsed for many.

Last edited by rodeoz : 15th November 2022 at 19:43.
Old 15th November 2022, 19:39   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by er_sb_blogs View Post
Same is the case with the Z8 M variant. It has steel wheels, instead of alloys, which directly impacts the riding dynamics of the vehicle.
Does the steel wheel affect the riding dynamics substantially? Is that because of heavier weight?

And isn't the steel rim better than alloy for bad and broken roads, off roads?
Old 15th November 2022, 21:59   #870

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Does the steel wheel affect the riding dynamics substantially? Is that because of heavier weight?

And isn't the steel rim better than alloy for bad and broken roads, off roads?
Steel wheels are more durable, repairable and durable but they are heavier than alloy wheels. Hence steel wheels give less fuel economy, puts more strain on suspension and behave differently while riding.

Please have a look at the following difference between Steel wheels and Alloy wheels:

https://tyres.cardekho.com/news/allo...hich-is-better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks