Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.57%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.55%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 10 4.90%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.67%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 28 13.73%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.59%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2022, 22:08   #901
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Came across this Video on Next Gen Innova launched in Indonesia.

If Toyota manages aggressive pricing for G Variants, a lot of cross shopping would happen provided they can deliver in time with those big bang launches.

In direct comparison with ScorpioN, this provides,

- Climate control as standard
- Sliding Middle Rows
- 50-50 last row
- Flat bed boot
- AC Vents in 2nd and 3rd row. Noteably Climate Control in 2nd row.
- Charging points across
- Boot Lamp

Any thoughts??
geekyengineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 00:30   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
Came across this Video on Next Gen Innova launched in Indonesia.

If Toyota manages aggressive pricing for G Variants, a lot of cross shopping would happen provided they can deliver in time with those big bang launches.

https://Youtu.be/raManMx0Foo

In direct comparison with ScorpioN, this provides,

- Climate control as standard
- Sliding Middle Rows
- 50-50 last row
- Flat bed boot
- AC Vents in 2nd and 3rd row. Noteably Climate Control in 2nd row.
- Charging points across
- Boot Lamp

Any thoughts??
We probably shouldn't compare the base variants as it is very likely the base variant of this new innova will cost the same if not more than the top end ScorpioNs.

I have experienced the ScorpioN in person but the new Innova only in videos. However, I have now booked both since it doesn't look like I will be getting delivery of the Scorpio-N anytime soon.

1. ScorpioN provides dual zone climate control in the front row while the innova only offers single zone.

2. Third row space is a massive concern in the ScorpioN with me literally not fitting in it so this would be beneficial to a lot of people. We are a family of 3 so we don't really care about the last row much.

3 & 4. Flat loading bay in the innova is very convenient. You also get a lot more space. ScorpioN's last row is just an afterthought and it has no serious luggage carrying capacity for outstation trips. Flat folding seats have been the next step in design for ages now and I'm glad it's finally here.

5. Both very good points. No idea what Mahindra was thinking omitting the third row AC vents.

6. Don't really care much about them personally, especially since they are only USB-C while most people in India are still stuck in the outdated USB-A age, me being one of them sadly. But this is truly the way to go.

Adding on to this, here are some of the things you didn't list:

1. The scorpioN gets a much much nicer instrument cluster with a more advanced MID complete with a very responsive navigation display. The one in the new Innova looks like some cost cutting jugaad from 5 years ago.

2. The innova gets a much nicer middle row, especially the variant with the ottoman seats. It gets electric adjust and hopefully it feels as comfortable as it looks. Imagine dozing off in these during an outstation trip. I wish Mahindra offered a variant with no 3rd row and a much better 2nd row. Hopefully the driver also gets an 8 way powered seat instead of the basic 6 way powered seat offered in the scorpioN.

3. The scorpioN is very engaging to drive. It handles well and the steering is very responsive. The gearbox unfortunately takes it's own sweet time to upshift when you are driving very spiritedly but this is manageable. You also get serious offroading hardware and you can basically go almost anywhere while the Innova is just a FWD. Also toyota doesn't really make engaging or drivers cars and you will probably fall asleep driving the Innova if it is anything like the past 3 toyotas we owned.

4. Panaromic Sunroof! Screw what anyone else says, I love big sunroofs. They give the cabin a very airy premium feeling and it makes it feel bigger than it actually is. You also get a fantastic view, especially when it is raining. The tiny sunroof in the ScorpioN is for namesake only.

5. 360 degree camera in the Innova. ScorpioN's front and back only cameras don't cut it, especially with their nokia flip phone tier resolution and framerate.

6. Powered tailgate with kick sensor in the Innova!

7. No navigation in the Innova. ScorpioN gets maps with real time traffic.

And that's about it. In essence, the ScoprioN if you want a driver's car that can go anywhere or the Innova if you want comfort and features. Hopefully the suspension and steering has considerably improved over the Crysta.

Last edited by Cresterk : 24th November 2022 at 00:39. Reason: Edited for better reading. Adding another point
Old 24th November 2022, 13:10   #903
BHPian

I had a talk with my dealer in Mumbai. According to them the tentative billing date by the company to the dealer for my Z4 AT D is end of December 2022. Mahindra portal continues to show 21-28 November as the expected delivery schedule.

Last edited by greenoval : 24th November 2022 at 13:23.
greenoval is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 19:27   #904
BHPian

Got the following message today. I will book the Xuv700 Ax5 diesel At instead. Mahindra wasted everyone's time with the Scorpio launch.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221125191633195_com.google.android.apps.messaging2.jpg
Old 25th November 2022, 20:33   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Got the following message today. I will book the Xuv700 Ax5 diesel At instead. Mahindra wasted everyone's time with the Scorpio launch.
Essentially saying that we are affected by supply side issues so can only make the top variant which uses the most parts.

I thought they would prioritise Z8L for introductory offers only but they prioritised it for everyone it seems. That said, Z8L's demand has plateaued and it is readily available at quite a few dealers now. Unless they want to create an artificial demand by delaying lower variants, we should see some movement in December.

Last edited by rodeoz : 25th November 2022 at 20:36.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 18:53   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
We probably shouldn't compare the base variants as it is very likely the base variant of this new innova will cost the same if not more than the top end ScorpioNs.
While I agree with most points that you have mentioned, folks like me who have booked a non Z8L variant are waiting for the deliveries to happen endlessly and coming across a vehicle that is able to tick all compromises that we decided to live with in the Scorpio N. So it becomes heart over mind.

Having said this, I have personally liked Innova Hycross. While I know it wouldn't compare to on road price of Scropio N (non top models), I would still think to spend extra 3-4 lakhs if my budget permits.
Old 27th November 2022, 20:09   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer;5446588permits.

Having said this, I have personally liked Innova Hycross. While I know it wouldn't compare to on road price of Scropio N (non top models), I would still think to spend extra 3-4 lakhs if my budget permits.
Innova Hycross is a sensible buy in the hybrid variants. However, the hybrid variant starts with VX. Feature wise, according to me, VX is comparable to Scorpio N Z4 AT. Scorpio N Z4 AT D is approx 15 lakhs showroom. Hycross VX will be around 25 lakhs or more. So the difference will be a minimum 10 lakhs. That's considerable for someone with a budget of 15 lakhs.

There will be exceptions - people not wanting to exceed a certain budget for a Mahindra but willing to spend 10 lakhs more for a Toyota

Last edited by greenoval : 27th November 2022 at 20:10.
greenoval is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 19:08   #908

The "Track My Booking" button is not available on the booking page. It seems Mahindra is preparing to bomb with date postponement.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20221129-7.07.57-pm.png
santoshroyal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 20:52   #909

yes, same for me
looks like a new surprise/shock is coming
Old 29th November 2022, 20:57   #910
BHPian

Today I got a call from my dealership. They said that my vehicle would be delivered in January, and wanted to confirm that I was planning on taking delivery. I enthusiastically replied Yes, and asked them why they were asking for confirmation. They replied that they had been asked by Mahindra to call and confirm with the customers.

I hope that this is indeed true. I don’t think that Mahindra would take confirmation from customers just to disappoint them later.

My booking is for Z4 diesel AT Napoli Black.
vivekgk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 21:44   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I hope that this is indeed true. I don’t think that Mahindra would take confirmation from customers just to disappoint them later.

My booking is for Z4 diesel AT Napoli Black.
Often dealers do this because the car gets billed to them first and then they sell it to the end customer. When they believe a variant might not have enough takers they seek such confirmations. E.g. silver colour, AT in lower variants etc. Z4AT would probably cost more than Z6MT so not many people may have booked it.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 15:14   #912
BHPian

I have a Z8L Petrol RWD booking and expected delivery as per website is between 11Dec 2022 to 10 Jan 2023. Non introductory prices. Still Scorpio N looks attractive to me
1. True SUV when Innova is not.
2. Macho looks vs feature loaded tourer
3. Usage around 1000 kms per month and approximately 7 lakhs extra.
4. I really miss ventilated seats but can manage without it in and around Bangalore
5. tri-eye headlamps vs average LEDs (according to youtubers) will be a miss, but will avoid night driving in state highways.
Old 30th November 2022, 17:12   #913
BHPian

Z4 is starting to get invoiced to people. A couple of people have shared their booking status on FB where it shows 'Invoiced' and dealer has confirmed that the vehicle has been billed to them. So far all have Z4 D AT.
Old 30th November 2022, 17:43   #914
BHPian

I have booked Z4 D MT 4wd Black and wanted the vehicle before 2nd dec due to wedding however, there were no hopes of getting the delivery even after trying every way out. Escalated the matter to Mahindra leadership but still no traction.
Getting the vehicle before 2dec was important and I had no other choice in 4wd segment so I had to upgrade.
Took the delivery of Deep Forest Z8L 4wd D MT today. I personally found Deep Forest more appealing than Black.
Mahindra area sales manager who helped me with the upgrade and Dee Emm Mahindra Gurgaon was very humble, professional and polite throughout.

Had to extend my budget but after driving it home, its worth the money! And I wont be disappointed if Z4 delivery starts soon.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-c9f5ab85cb1848139a5d7c4111e82829.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-ae85bc4e1942455688873326adbdd028.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-9fb255da19f24979ac8ad3cd38757c73.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-af4a1850cd91443cbc7e7df935c5e831.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-6e4930909a204d3f9bf07c669cf60013.jpeg  

unpopulrxplorer is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 13:22   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRider View Post
Talking of Mahindra Finance, I have booked Z8 and also locked 6.99% rate valid till Dec 2022 but Mahindra Finance is now denying me 6.99% and saying that the Management has closed that scheme and hence I will have to go with 8.45%.
Do you have any updates on this?

Question for everyone else- What interest rate did Mahindra finance or any other bank charge you for your cars? I am in process of loan approval so any heads-up will be appreciated.

Most Viewed