Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.57%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.55%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 10 4.90%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.67%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 28 13.73%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.59%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2022, 20:22   #1021
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider View Post
Thank you for your informative response.

I am not in that much of hurry so don't want to upgrade to Z8L. Mainly two reasons - first, the cost as you mentioned and second, there would be many recalls as the vehicle is new. In an year or so, they would fix many problems that would be reported.

In the alternatives - I would definitely weigh around the first 3 from your list - MG I don't like personally .
In that case, Scoprio-N itself seems out of the question as all variants are probable to issues/recalls (and the concern is valid).

However, if you can ignore this factor then there exists a bleak possibility of you getting your hands on a cancelled Z8 (once Z8 deliveries start, of course). Probably someone else upgrades to a Z8L. But then it is only worth like a Plan C tbh. Relying so much on fate

And yes, I forgot to suggest the beloved Safari in my previous post. But I'm sure it's already on your list

Last edited by mnautss : 27th December 2022 at 20:30. Reason: Concise text
Old 27th December 2022, 20:28   #1022
BHPian

The SA called at around 10 in the morning while I am still in bed (had a 10-hour drive yesterday in my Alto, reached home late). Pleasantly surprised when he said my Z4 is at the stockyard. The backstory:
(1) 10/12/2022 Vehicle manufactured, as I can see today.
(2) 12/12/2022 Call from dealership to confirm my intention with the booking.
(3) 20/12/2022 Got VIN from SA. He said the vehicle would reach the dealership before January 10, 2023 (it would take that long... )
(4) 27/12/2022 Vehicle reached dealership. SA start pushing me to complete the deal as soon as possible

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_6246.jpg
NT_GT is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 20:52   #1023
BHPian

They cancelled my booking without my notice
Old 28th December 2022, 17:30   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinvardhan View Post
They cancelled my booking without my notice
Same happened with my friend, he got to know from the refund message (bank)

Also, track my order is not visible for my booking
Old 29th December 2022, 22:02   #1025
BHPian

I recieved mail from dealership for delivery of Z8 4WD AT on 17th Jan. Last update when tracker was working was from 20th Feb to 20th Mar 2023. Let's see whether it happens as per latest update or not.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 05:30   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
Same happened with my friend, he got to know from the refund message (bank)

Also, track my order is not visible for my booking
I put a mail to mahindrasupport@mahindra.com and the dealer called and offered me fresh booking but don't know whether it is price protected
ashwinvardhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 09:39   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
I recieved mail from dealership for delivery of Z8 4WD AT on 17th Jan. Last update when tracker was working was from 20th Feb to 20th Mar 2023. Let's see whether it happens as per latest update or not.
Which dealership did you select for booking? My booking is for the same variant from Salasar, Thane. I am still waiting for email.
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 18:15   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Which dealership did you select for booking? My booking is for the same variant from Salasar, Thane. I am still waiting for email.
It is same, Salasar Thane.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 19:56   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
Did you mean Z8 or Z8L?
Old 30th December 2022, 21:02   #1030

This is the first time I see someone posting on Z8 variant. I hope Mahindra will start deliveries of Z8 in the new year, mine is same booking with Pune dealer but no updates yet on delivery.
IdreamIdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 21:14   #1031
BHPian

I think z6 was supposed to be delivered before z8. Don't know how he got an email for z8 delivery.
Old 31st December 2022, 01:20   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
Did you mean Z8 or Z8L?
Mine is Z8 only not Z8L.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 01:28   #1033
BHPian

Finally, I am now the proud owner of Big Daddy...

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-001.jpg

On the evening of 26th December, my SA called me and informed that my number plates had arrived, and the vehicle would be ready by 7 p.m, and could be delivered on the 27th. After the usual astrological consultations, the delivery was arrranged for 3 p.m on Wednesday 28th December.

Since it was the month end, I couldn't arrange for a full day off. I reached the dealership at 9 in the morning to make a final PDI, and to hand over a couple of accessories that I had bought online, and to complete the payment formalities.

I had purchased 7D mats in "Coffee and Beige" colours from Amazon.in. While the mats are of good quality and look as well as the pics, they didn't send along the freebie remote key fob cover in matching coffee cover.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20221231-010059.jpg

I had also bought these wheel caps from Amazon. They look like the alloys that are standard for the Kia Seltos GT Line, and look really nice on the Scorpio.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20221231-005925.jpg

The original wheel caps are of good quality, but IMO it gives the Scorpio a taxi look.

I had a hard time finding good alloy wheels for the ScorpioN, because of the weird PCD and wheel dia. (17 inch, 5x139.7) It's the same as the XUV500, but that does not make it much better. The other option is to use a converter to change to 5x114.3, but I am not sure about that especially on this heavy vehicle. So, wheel caps it is, for the time being. I have a very specific look in mind, and I don't want to spend my money on something I am not a 100% satisfied with.

I had bought about Rs, 11000 worth of accessories, inclusive of about Rs. 1800 for installation charges. I got the sill scuff plates, underbody and silencer coating (considering the puddle and slush prone roads in a couple months), bumper corner protectors (big car, inexperienced driver), and mud flaps. They were fine with my purchasing the mats and wheel caps from outside, and readily agreed to fit it all before the delivery. Having arranged that, I left for office.

Due to the heavy traffic, my family and I arrived a couple minutes late, but everything went smoothly. The SA explained everything about the new documentation and registration process in good detail, and introduced me to the service person. He also helped me install and register on the With You Hamesha app for service booking and other assistance, and handed over the key and documents.

My Wife, Dad, Sis and niece were all very impressed and awed by the presence of the car. My baby daughter though was similarly awed by the tin of chocolates they gave us, and ignored the car completely. She liked a bright red Bolero that was parked nearby and would have liked to take that home instead of the boring black one.

There was a slight rain on the way back home, but thankfully, not much mud. I was able to reach home with the car looking relatively clean.

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  123.5 KB

Our landlord interestedly checking out the Beast.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-004.jpg

I had to go straight back to office and park her. In the evening, after my colleagues got wind of the presence of the Beast in the parking lot, we all went out and took a few test drives to appease everyone. There was much nodding and appreciation, and much cautioning about the high maintenance black shade, but overall, everyone absolutely loved it.

I'll be back with more pics and info, guys, please share your opinions on the car. Will be absolutely swamped in work till the 1st..
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-002.jpg  

Last edited by vivekgk : 31st December 2022 at 01:31.
vivekgk is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 08:40   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I am cancelling a Z4 Diesel AT variant, Dazzling Silver colour. Interested members can check with Koncept automobile Dealership, Platina Building, MG Road, Gurgaon for availability.

I can't do that, but still appreciable that you're helping the community. However, won't your cancelation mean that the booking moves to next in queue and not just anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Since lower variant reviews are very less anywhere, I would like to ask whether that stitching on dashboard is ornamental on a hard brown plastic or is that faux leather or something?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 31st December 2022 at 09:41. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
Old 31st December 2022, 10:31   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error402 View Post
I can't do that, but still appreciable that you're helping the community. However, won't your cancelation mean that the booking moves to next in queue and not just anyone?
True. The booking cannot be re-allotted even by the dealer. It goes to the next person in line who booked that variant and colour combo.

Quote:
Since lower variant reviews are very less anywhere, I would like to ask whether that stitching on dashboard is ornamental on a hard brown plastic or is that faux leather or something?
It is hard plastic. The stitching is just an effect. However it looks very realistic when properly dressed up in polish. Several of my friends had to press it to make sure that it wasn't leather.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed